defenseman Simon Kubicek
krebs-kubi-620x370.jpg

@Chapin Landvogt is up next (also PMd)

Reactions: ViktorBaeArvidsson

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
:isles
are pleased to select, from the Flint Firebirds of the OHL, Belarussian forward Yevgeniy Oksentyuk

upload_2020-5-19_15-59-1.png

DRAFT PARTY STATEMENT

Long Island, New York -

"This boy has an unrivaled passion - he simply loves to score," claimed Islanders GM Lou Lamoriello. "We like a handful of kids at this point, but we're certain we'll have a shot at a few later on. We didn't think Yevgeniy would be one of them by the time we're up to bat again. He's an overager for this draft, but he only just turned 19 in January and it's so incredibly telling when a kid his size comes from a country like Belarus and immediately puts up over 1.3 points per game in a league like the OHL. Talk about beating the odds. Sure, this is a very calculated home-run-swing kind of risk in light of his size, but Johnny Gaudreau went 104th overall a few years back and it's not like we'd ever take a skill player this miniature in size in the 2nd round or something."

The Anaheim Ducks (@heusy_79) are on the clock.

Last edited:

bl02

Jan 13, 2014

I have liked him for awhile, but this year he performed excellently in a second pair role.

One of those guys who isn't talked about a ton, but is fantastic. Islanders fans love him.

Agreed and this coming from a Ranger fan the islanders would be dumb to trade Toews.

flyersdad

Jan 23, 2018
:flyers are proud to select with the 111th selection, from Sault Ste. Marie, Center, Jaromir Pytlik

2nd RD - 37th overall - LW, Zion Nybeck, HV71 (SuperElit/SHL)
2nd RD - 56th overall - C, Thomas Bordeleau, US National Team (USDP)
3rd RD - 89th overall - RHD, Alex Cotton, Lethbridge (WHL)
4th RD - 111th overall - C, Jaromir Pytlik, Sault Ste. Marie

@Vanquish pmed and otc

Last edited:

My Cozen Dylan

Feb 21, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
:flyers are proud to select with the 111th selection, from Sault Ste. Marie, Center, Jaromir Pytlik

@Vanquish pmed and otc
Excellent value IMO.

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
Negative comments about trades conducted here by non-participants are not needed. I can't stop you from posting but it really is not necessary to criticize fictional moves. That's what the main trade board is for.
I didn't mind the criticism, but Devon Toews being slept on hard is a hill I will die on.

I probably would have even offered up slightly more if that's what it would've took.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario

@Vanquish pmed and otc
Damnit. I was watching him slip and slip and thought he might actually make it to me

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
I didn't mind the criticism, but Devon Toews being slept on hard is a hill I will die on.

I probably would have even offered up slightly more if that's what it would've took.

Now you tell me!:)

But for those questioning this: in real life, this deal doesn't really happen. I know that. No team moves a mid-20s cost-controlled #1 PP blueliner (and I threw in one of the Islanders' top 5 prospects as well), much less for anything less than a deal including one of the trade partner's top 3 prospects and perhaps even a 1st rounder.

And Duke16 wasn't ready or willing to move any of those prospects (albeit, I didn't push toooo hard).

If I'm not in the serious mood to deal for the sake of dealing while juggling family and work, this doesn't happen.:DD So, people in the know would realize that Duke did VERY well for the Red Wings here.

My motivations to take such a deal in a fantasy world where half the participants are naturally just here to draft and I couldn't find any interest in Nick Leddy and Sebastian Aho, who definitely are marketable to some respectable degree in the real world, is another thing. In addition, I'm personally a regular follower of what's going on in Sweden and have my reasons for believing heavily in the two young Swedes acquired here. Smith I theoretically see as a possible replacement for Cal Clutterbuck in the next few years.

In any case, read the Islander press statement above if you're curious...:sarcasm:

Last edited:

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
Negative comments about trades conducted here by non-participants are not needed. I can't stop you from posting but it really is not necessary to criticize fictional moves. That's what the main trade board is for.

Im not attacking anybody i gave my opinion, someone wrote back , we went back and forth a few times and thats it, never called him an idiot or anything. We didnt agree and thats it . I know this mock draft is just for fun and not to be taken seriously

Anyways

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
There's now quite a drop off in my opinion.
I have noticed that too. I had a lot of names go off the board throughout that third round and into the early fourth.

There are probably 3-7 names left that I still feel are genuinely good value at this point in the Draft

Also, just as a fun challenge for myself (and potentially to my demise), I like to never take the same players from previous mocks. I have already taken 3/7 "good value" players at this point in previous Drafts (all in the OHL).

Last edited:
Reactions: ConnorMcMullet

OB5

May 2, 2015
I have noticed that too. I had a lot of names go off the board throughout that third round and into the early fourth.

There are probably 3-7 names left that I still feel are genuinely good value at this point in the Draft
I have one guy I’m really high on that I’m hoping falls to me. If I don’t get him I’ll be real sad

Reactions: uncleben

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020
Yeah we are mid 4th and I only have one guy rated higher than a very late 3rd left.

Reactions: Duke16

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
Yeah we are mid 4th and I only have one guy rated higher than a very late 3rd left.
I have three picks in the 5th and have too many choices—I agree I wouldn't have taken any in the 3rd, but think there are some players who could end up being legitimate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad