Prospect Info: 2020 4th Rd Selection - #106th OA - G Artur Akhtyamov (RUS) - 6'2 170

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Does anybody know how we can see KHL games? Is there a youtube channel? I need some hockey and would love to see some of our prospects play.

They normally happen early in the morning (Amirov's was at 7:30AM ET today).

Google: "KHL Live Games" and the first link gave me the option to watch any KHL/SHL/Liiga/etc game by just clicking on it on the left side.

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
They normally happen early in the morning (Amirov's was at 7:30AM ET today).

Google: "KHL Live Games" and the first link gave me the option to watch any KHL/SHL/Liiga/etc game by just clicking on it on the left side.
Awesome! Thanks

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
wish they offered KHL center ice lol id be ordering lol
Every game can be seen for free on onhockey (google it). And KHL has a youtube channel where they post game highlights. MHL/ VHL the minor leagues and juniors of Russia also have their own youtube channels and they broadcast live games for free. If you wanted to pay attention to all our kids in Russia, wake up early. Games start at around 6-7 AM EST and go through till usually 1-3 PM, since Russia is so massive and goes through multiple time zones.

Reactions: rubous

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Every game can be seen for free on onhockey (google it). And KHL has a youtube channel where they post game highlights. MHL/ VHL the minor leagues and juniors of Russia also have their own youtube channels and they broadcast live games for free. If you wanted to pay attention to all our kids in Russia, wake up early. Games start at around 6-7 AM EST and go through till usually 1-3 PM, since Russia is so massive and goes through multiple time zones.

also DAZN has KHL, i have it for the premier league but the KHL on there too

leafsfan2point0

Jun 8, 2011
Artur Akhtyamov

bLcK8Me.png

33 PIMs in 47 games lol we can use some of that edge

Reactions: hockeywiz542

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Honestly, we drafted a lot of interesting players this draft but this guy is the most intriguing to me of the bunch. Really think he could be something.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
Honestly, we drafted a lot of interesting players this draft but this guy is the most intriguing to me of the bunch. Really think he could be something.
I agree. The fact that AK Bars is giving him playing time already in my eyes is absolutely massive. KHL teams are very reluctant to give young goalies any kind of playing time specially one who is 18 years old and doesn't have a ton of VHL (russian version of AHL) experience. They know that this kid is probably good enough to make it to the NHL and I think they are trying to squeeze him into the KHL quicker so they can maximize their utility while he's still under their control.

Bodes very well for us.

The only other goalie in the KHL who has had playing time at this age thus far this season is #9 overall pick Yaroslav Askarov.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
I agree. The fact that AK Bars is giving him playing time already in my eyes is absolutely massive. KHL teams are very reluctant to give young goalies any kind of playing time specially one who is 18 years old and doesn't have a ton of VHL (russian version of AHL) experience. They know that this kid is probably good enough to make it to the NHL and I think they are trying to squeeze him into the KHL quicker so they can maximize their utility while he's still under their control.

Bodes very well for us.

The only other goalie in the KHL who has had playing time at this age thus far this season is #9 overall pick Yaroslav Askarov.
Yea to add to this, there are only 7 goalies who have ever played more than 10 games in the KHL before the age of 20. 4 of those 7 are Vasilevsky, Sorokin, Samsonov, Shestyorkin. 2 of the other 3 have had solid careers in Russia so far as well.

If he can push for more time with the big club this year we may not get an Askarov level player, but could get a pretty good goalie out of it.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Yea to add to this, there are only 7 goalies who have ever played more than 10 games in the KHL before the age of 20. 4 of those 7 are Vasilevsky, Sorokin, Samsonov, Shestyorkin. 2 of the other 3 have had solid careers in Russia so far as well.

If he can push for more time with the big club this year we may not get an Askarov level player, but could get a pretty good goalie out of it.

Russia has put a lot of focus on their goaltending development program as of late, and we’ve seen KHL teams start to give those top end young goalies chances at being their starter before they move on.

As you said, if Artur continues to get starts in the KHL, that’s such a massive advantage and raises his draft stock already.

With how good the goalie production is out of Russia, it was smart drafting a kid with the Stats this kid had in the VHL and MHL.

WilliamInLondon

Mar 24, 2016
The Bracco mystery is solved! He went to Russia during his "absence", learned to goaltend, changed his hair a little bit, and got re-drafted by the Leafs.

lol'ed. would read again

definitely a resemblance, hopefully their Leaf careers will play out differently

Reactions: Stigma

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad