Prospect Info: Jan Mysak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Tuch and Struble should make it next year at age 19 I would imagine. 4 guys at age 19 next year is the probability. Unless we hit on another 18 year old guy in the next draft.
Struble won't be eligible sadly, he turns 20 next summer. Tuch is going to be in the mix for sure since he was in the USDP, he's already on the radar.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Does that mean he's going to play in the AHL. Also, I expect Laval to not be one of the team since total confinement looks to be coming in Quebec

Interesting to see. Because I think the only players that will be eligible to play in the AHL will have to be signed to an ELC. It doesn't mean Habs wouldn't sign Mysak to one. But I believe that the prospect will have to be on an NHL contract (ELC).

Reactions: TesseractPrice

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
Was Mysak drafted out of the CHL or was he loaned to the CHL? (Zadina situation)

Could he play in the AHL before 20?

Could Laval be an option if he could? (He's probably not ready yet)

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Was Mysak drafted out of the CHL or was he loaned to the CHL? (Zadina situation)

Could he play in the AHL before 20?

Could Laval be an option if he could? (He's probably not ready yet)

He was drafted out of the OHL. So the Habs own his rights until June 2022.

As for the AHL, with the report that players from the OHL and WHL whose seasons won't start yet (and may not start), they can play in the AHL. But I believe the rule is that the player must be signed to an ELC. Mysak at this moment is not signed to an ELC yet.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Joel Bouchard was on RDS with Bruno Gervais and Max Talbot the other night. I just watched the interview. And they asked him about Guhle and Mysak. Since this is the Mysak thread, I will focus on what he said about him. He mentioned how engaged Mysak is when they communicate. He's eager to learn and wants to adapt. After he was drafted, I remember reading that he was like that with the Hamilton coaching staff. That he was asking questions on what to do and where to go in certain situations.

Bouchard says that in one of the practices, Mysak went to see him and said (and I'm paraphrasing) "Coach, I really need your help. In that last drill, I don't know how to tell you, but I'm not really good at it." :laugh:

Bouchard said that he said it with such candor that it gives you an idea of how much he is honest and really wants to learn. Joel told him that it's not that you're not good at it. He's still young. If he was 30, he'd say he's not good enough. But at his age, it's part of the learning and that he will work with him on improving.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Joel Bouchard was on RDS with Bruno Gervais and Max Talbot the other night. I just watched the interview. And they asked him about Guhle and Mysak. Since this is the Mysak thread, I will focus on what he said about him. He mentioned how engaged Mysak is when they communicate. He's eager to learn and wants to adapt. After he was drafted, I remember reading that he was like that with the Hamilton coaching staff. That he was asking questions on what to do and where to go in certain situations.

Bouchard says that in one of the practices, Mysak went to see him and said (and I'm paraphrasing) "Coach, I really need your help. In that last drill, I don't know how to tell you, but I'm not really good at it." :laugh:

Bouchard said that he said it with such candor that it gives you an idea of how much he is honest and really wants to learn. Joel told him that it's not that you're not good at it. He's still young. If he was 30, he'd say he's not good enough. But at his age, it's part of the learning and that he will work with him on improving.

i was impressed that Mysak was captain of the under 20 team at the age of 18.

Hope his skills end up being as good as his attitude. But so far I'm liking all of our top 3 picks from this past draft - plus Farrell.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I had mysak in the 1st round, hopefully he pans out. Hes got skill, hustle and a lot of energy

Will be interesting to see just how much skill he has in him. He certainly will have the drive and attitude to maximize whatever potential he has.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I already liked the pick on draft day but he's shaping up to be a really good second round gamble . There are some legit tools there to work with and he's already got a good enough two way game to where his floor has to be pretty high. Ditto for Tuch , that second round could end up really paying .

Last edited:

TesseractPrice

Aug 1, 2019
Every report that I read on him on Mysak had him as playing as a winger in the future yet he's played center in both the WJC and in Laval. How does he look at center? Could he make a career at C or his skillset is that much more suited for wing?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Every report that I read on him on Mysak had him as playing as a winger in the future yet he's played center in both the WJC and in Laval. How does he look at center? Could he make a career at C or his skillset is that much more suited for wing?

too early to say as he'll need some years to bulk up and add strength. I think it's good to keep him at center until he shows he can't. For now just let him do this thing in the OHL and WJC's next year, then the following in Laval and see how it goes.

Reactions: TesseractPrice

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
A great experience for Jan Mysak – Rocket Laval

“What I can tell you is that young Mysak is not losing his time with us” answered Joël Bouchard. “The veterans appreciate him and we do too. He’s passionate. Like I told you, he is a hockey player. He signed his first professional contract and he deserved it.”

“He’s a prospect that the organization appreciates a lot and with reason” continued Bouchard. “He’s a sponge. Sometimes, there are young players who arrive, we see it, some junior players that are arriving and it’s too much for them. It’s too demanding, too much work. They don’t always have the physical ability or the maturity to assimilate all of it. In the case of Mysak, he’s a sponge.”

“His approach to hockey is to always grow” explained the Rocket head coach. “You will have an open discussion with and he will say “I’m so not good at this” and you have to tell him that it’s not because he’s not good, it’s because he’s still young. He has a candor. He’s very refreshing because he has objectivity about his game. It’s not complicated between the two ears.”

“He’s gotta go back to juniors” reminded Bouchard. “It’s a process. Let’s not get crazy meaning let’s let him go through his process. At least, he’s progressing. That’s my point. He’s not wasting his time. He’s learning. I ask him a question, just like I did with Guhle, there’s no hesitation. That tells me it’s inside of him now, he’s got it, he figured it out.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad