Prospect Info: Luke Tuch

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Have to think he likely makes the WJC roster next year, he’s having a great rookie season and the element of size and power he brings to the game would be a huge benefit.

I think hes a lock, tons of spots next year, that entire group (well most of them) that just won the gold this year and have played together for like 4-5 years now are all moving on

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
My favorite prospect. By a mile.

With Anderson, we get to see how powerforwards impact the game and their team. Powerforward are still a big part of this game. We need to draft more.

Tuch isn’t just big. He’s mean, physical, good skill and good skating. Promising!

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Great pick but he’ll need another couple of years at NCAA to grow into his body. Saw him play a lot during his draft year

Reactions: McTusk

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
Yeah
I’m very curious about how he’d do as a GM.

He would be entertaining that’s forsure. It would be a high risk high reward type deal

i remember he was advocating we package Subban and try to trade him for 1st overall in 2012. In hindsight, drafting Yakupov and Galchenyuk and not having Subban on D would’ve been absolutely disastrous for us during those years.

iirc he also hated the Mcdonagh pick.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Seasons over bud, lol

it's not as playoffs and NCAA tournament all count as one seasons totals.

Have to think he likely makes the WJC roster next year, he’s having a great rookie season and the element of size and power he brings to the game would be a huge benefit.

for sure he is either a lock or damn close to it, coming from the USNDTP and with the season he's having, it would be very surprising if he didn't make it.

Great pick but he’ll need another couple of years at NCAA to grow into his body. Saw him play a lot during his draft year

He looks like he's grown into his body, I would wait and see how he looks next year in what will hopefully be a full season and the WJC experience, then see where he's at. There's no rush of course but physically in terms of size and strength he looks ready. I'd like to see him do a little more work on the skating, not that it's a problem but it could use some work.

Reactions: Gravity

EXPOS123

Jun 29, 2010
Yeah

i remember he was advocating we package Subban and try to trade him for 1st overall in 2012. In hindsight, drafting Yakupov and Galchenyuk and not having Subban on D would’ve been absolutely disastrous for us during those years.

iirc he also hated the Mcdonagh pick.
What? He never said either of those two things. ...

I for one would love him as a gm...

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
What? He never said either of those two things. ...

I for one would love him as a gm...

You're right, my mistake. He actually suggested we package Subban and the 3rd overall pick for the 1st overall and something. So we wouldn't even have the Galchenyuk-Yakupov combo, just Yakupov and something, whatever that something is.
A great example of that was leading up to the 2012 NHL Entry draft, with P.K. Subban not signed to a new contract, McGuire suggested on TSN that the Montreal Canadiens would be well served to trade Subban and the third overall pick to the Oilers for the first overall pick "and something". What is "and something"? McGuire never elaborated on what it would take.
McGuire still hates Halak trade, is still wrong

And here's the McDonagh criticism
Angelo Esposito slid a lot further than many thought he would in the 2007 NHL Draft. As we know, centers are always at a premium in the NHL and many felt Esposito had the most offensive upside of any center in the 2007 draft. One team many thought he would go to was the Canadiens. When the Habs passed on Esposito (instead drafting Ryan McDonagh), McGuire chastised the move, saying the Habs had essentially just passed on a player that would've fulfilled their biggest need.
8 Players Pierre McGuire Was Wrong About And 7 He Actually Got Right

Edit: While searching for sources for the two statements above, I also found that he would have preferred to trade Price over Halak to STL for Perron and Berglund.
Pierre McGuire aurait-il été un meilleur directeur général que Marc Bergevin?

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Would love to have a guy with his size and physicality put some solid offense together.

People were pretty lukewarm on this draft but the early returns on Guhle, Tuch, Mysak and Farrell have been very promising.
Yeah, I'm excited to follow these players, plus the goalie Dobes.

I mean I think Timmins is just better at drafting D prospects. So the D from the past three years outside of the first three rounds like Struble, Norlinder, Fairbrother, Romanov, Harris, Brook, and Fleury are probably more exciting than forwards he'll get after the 1st round. But hopefully the forwards can start a new trend and Guhle continues the good drafting of D.

Last edited:
Reactions: bopeep

bopeep

Jan 22, 2004
bc
Would love to have a guy with his size and physicality put some solid offense together.

People were pretty lukewarm on this draft but the early returns on Guhle, Tuch, Mysak and Farrell have been very promising.
I'd include Dobes in that category as well

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Tuch again named Rookie of the Week in Hockey East:

Many prospects from the last draft are looking really good at lower levels: Guhle, Tuch, Mysak, Farrel, and Dobes.

Let's hope they're not close but no cigar prospects that just can't translate it to the NHL level, but flourish in the KHl, like Dawes and Dietz...

robert ethan

Feb 5, 2021

UNANIMOUS. That's impressive, even in a short season. The likes of Trevor Zegras, Matt Boldy, Joel Farabee, Brady Tkachuk, didn't achieve that. Only unaniamous forward picks in recent years have been Alex Newhook and Clayton Keller, who are also the only two who put up more points through their first 14 games than Luke has.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad