Soli 25
BoldNewLettuce 22
Leftovers 15

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Premptive death knell summary;

When it comes to listening to the Recklaws and/or preparing for this draft I think I AM gonna not.

I did think Jarventie and Niederback might be decent sleeper picks that would see 1st line minutes but it was a wild guess. I had no idea who to draft on defense at the picks I took. Schnieder was a team Canada pick. Kokkonen and Knazko were shots in the dark. Although I do like Knazko I wasnt sure he was going to get more than 5 points.

Actually all things considered Byfield and Caulfield turned out to be sort of ok at that draft position. Somewhat passable although both are playing down the lineup they have been getting chances and playing well. I sort of liked Soderblom and Neiderbach on the PP too but they couldnt double up much....I was hoping Raymond-Holtz would be lighting it up on that unit.

Sadly....I would have taken Byfield at 3rd overall....Dach, Zegras, Byfield would have been my rank. And there is no logic to why i skip Cozens. Just being bold.

Last edited:

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
I expected more from Raymond and I will say Perfetti. I thought Perfetti would have a few more points actually. Raymond has had some decent games.

No regrets on Chinakhov or Peterka as they had many chances. Peterka was good.

I knew the Rossi pick was a gamble but didn't know how bad the Austria team was overall.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
QF SCORING (through SWE-FIN)

THC 50
Cerebral 45
BarDownBobo 43
Paralyzer 38
Ghostbuster 27
Lakai 27
Soli 26
BoldNewLettuce 23
Leftovers 15

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Sweden getting knocked out definitely gives THC the advantage from here out. Gotta hope for a big game from Canada tonight along with a brilliant performance from Hlavaj to hopefully stifle the American attack.

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
Hirvonen is like Horcoff. One shift I am curing him for a bad play and the next he scores the game winner. That will hurt Cerebral as he left with just his Canadians.

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
I think THC wraps it up tonight - the States have a big chance tonight to win like 8-0.
It is not over yet, Cerebral will probably over take me here after this game and I will need the American to win and by a good margin to regain any lead. His Canadians can put up a lot of points in any game.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
It is not over yet, Cerebral will probably over take me here after this game and I will need the American to win and by a good margin to regain any lead. His Canadians can put up a lot of points in any game.

If Levi gets the SO then you have a bit more work to do.

The draft killer really was that Garand pick in round 2 because it allowed Knight to slip to you and at the time I remember hearing Garand was the 3rd goalie behind Gauthier/Levi so it stunned me.

Levi goes later and lights it up.

QF SCORING (through CAN-CZE)

Cerebral 52
THC 50
BarDownBobo 47
Paralyzer 38
Ghostbuster 27
Lakai 27
Soli 27
BoldNewLettuce 23
Leftovers 15

Last edited:

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
If Levi gets the SO then you have a bit more work to do.

The draft killer really was that Garand pick in round 2 because it allowed Knight to slip to you and at the time I remember hearing Garand was the 3rd goalie behind Gauthier/Levi so it stunned me.

Levi goes later and lights it up.

QF SCORING (through CAN-CZE)

Cerebral 52
THC 50
BarDownBobo 47
Paralyzer 38
Ghostbuster 27
Lakai 27
Soli 27
BoldNewLettuce 23
Leftovers 15

The Shutout hurts more absolutely. The Garand pick surprised me, but at the same time it scared me in picking a goalie higher than I maybe wanted to. I have been burned and bless by high pick goalies in the past. And Knight can still make or break me, and almost broke me after game 1.

Reactions: Paralyzer008

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
The Shutout hurts more absolutely. The Garand pick surprised me, but at the same time it scared me in picking a goalie higher than I maybe wanted to. I have been burned and bless by high pick goalies in the past. And Knight can still make or break me, and almost broke me after game 1.

That one probably hurt to watch a bit.

Reactions: Soli

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Definitely not the spot I’d like to be in but if Piiroinen can stifle the Americans in the semis I might have a chance at a comeback. Glad to see THC wasn’t able to completely run away with it today at least.

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
Definitely not the spot I’d like to be in but if Piiroinen can stifle the Americans in the semis I might have a chance at a comeback. Glad to see THC wasn’t able to completely run away with it today at least.

I am worried about that hit Zegres took in the first. He didn't look the same.

And I don't think I can run away with it now. You and Cerebral have too many damn Canadians on your rosters. Canada can't score a goal with one or both of you getting at least a point.

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
Losing my Swedes definitely sucks. I was debating between picking Sweden or the United States as my "secondary" team but with Holtz available, I figured Sweden was the way to go.

I still have a fighting chance but I'm going to need the Americans to beat the Swedes in a tight game and then get crushed by Canada in the finals.

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
Losing my Swedes definitely sucks. I was debating between picking Sweden or the United States as my "secondary" team but with Holtz available, I figured Sweden was the way to go.

I still have a fighting chance but I'm going to need the Americans to beat the Swedes in a tight game and then get crushed by Canada in the finals.

Man I thought those Swedes were "Finnish"ed.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Semifinal SCORING (through CAN-RUS)

Cerebral 61
THC 55
BarDownBobo 48
Paralyzer 40
Soli 30
Ghostbuster 30
Lakai 28
BoldNewLettuce 27
Leftovers 15