Rumor: 2020-21 Trade Rumours and FA thread Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006

Janmark is mentioned as probably their most likely piece of trade bait. Colorado were linked to him in free agency. He’s listed as a centre but hasn’t played there much. Definitely more of a winger.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019

Janmark is mentioned as probably their most likely piece of trade bait. Colorado were linked to him in free agency. He’s listed as a centre but hasn’t played there much. Definitely more of a winger.

Don't think we need a bottom 6 forward like him, but it might make sense if we can send Illinois-boy Compher the other way, if only as a means to move his contract. Something like Janmark + 4th for Compher for example. Janmark is a pretty decent PKer as we saw in the playoffs last year.

Nichuskin ----- 3C ------ Donskoi
Janmark -- Bellemare -- Calvert/Jost/O'Connor

Reactions: ljb4

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
From that Chicago article:

Zadorov, defenseman: As recently as last month, Bowman made it clear he still sees Zadorov as part of the Blackhawks’ future, even referring to the big bruiser as Blackhawks “property” due to his restricted-free-agent status. But Zadorov’s next contract has to be a slight concern for the Blackhawks. His agent is probably already creating comparables and noticing Zadorov playing a larger role in Chicago than he did in Colorado. He’s playing a top-four role, around 20 minutes most nights. That means a pay increase. Would Bowman move on from Zadorov after just acquiring him? In the past, probably not. Now? We’ll see. The Blackhawks need to figure out whether Zadorov is a key piece of their future and whether he fits in their financial structure.

So glad we're not the ones dealing with that contract negotiation and probably having to give him a raise to avoid him walking in UFA in a year.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
From that Chicago article:

So glad we're not the ones dealing with that contract negotiation and probably having to give him a raise to avoid him walking in UFA in a year.
I’m still of the opinion that it would have been better to trade Graves and keep Zaddy. I wouldn’t even talk contract with him throughout the year. Qualify him and expose him to Seattle. If he’s not taken, deal with it then but I feel they’d definitely take him.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I’m still of the opinion that it would have been better to trade Graves and keep Zaddy. I wouldn’t even talk contract with him throughout the year. Qualify him and expose him to Seattle. If he’s not taken, deal with it then but I feel they’d definitely take him.

Bowman is in love with big Z, I don't think he would've taken Graves back for Saad /w retention.

Rob Avs33

Jul 1, 2019
Any opinions on Filip Forsberg? What would it take to pry him out of Nashville. Would something like Burakovsky, Kaut and a 1st work? Too much? Not enough?

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I'd love to add Forsberg, but I don't think he fits what we need most and the assets it would take to get Forsberg need to be used to improve our other areas...

Though I do especially like the idea of a Burakovsky+ for Forsberg trade but doubt Nashville would have interest in that.

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
If we're raiding Nashville again, why not grab both Haula and Granlund?

Granlund + Haula (50%) for Compher + Kaut + 3rd

Landeskog -- Mackinnon - Rantanen
Burakovsky ------ Kadri ---- Saad
Granlund --------- Haula --- Donskoi
Nichuskin -------- Jost ------ Calvert
(Bellemare/LOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad