Rumor: 2020-21 Trade Rumours and FA Part XII: Dietary Discourse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Someone needs to tell Francis the league is trending in another direction, soon those big D are going to be obsolete.
Getting Larsson and Oleksiak signed offers Francis the opportunity to select some more puck-moving type Dmen with his other selections. Guys like Jake Bean or Dunn would complement Oleksiak and Larsson well for instance.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
They still might be a very good team in 8 years. Makar and Byram could be #1Dmen among other things.

One thing is for sure, make bad long-term decisions without a care in the world and you definitely won't be that good 8 years from now.
How is that a way of thinking for a GM ? Of course they will want to contend as long as possible, they will never tell I don’t care we will have to rebuild in 5 years.

What Landy should think about, is the fact that if he declines the last 3 years of his 8 years contract, he will be bought out.

He better sign a 7,5 5 years contract and then takes a 3 years contract at the value he will be.

MacK and Mikko will be 34, 33 in 8 years and the only forward they have that might be a star top 6 guy in 8 years and young is Newhook. While Avs D should still be good in 8 years with Makar, Byram, Sakic will have to work some kind of magic and make some trades for top 6 forwards without giving up anyone from that d core to keep the team contender in 8 years. I don't think that's gonna happen. Every contender's window closes once few of their core players are over 30, and pretty much all of them have core players who they gave long term contract to and who are not aging well. As long as the Avs win at least one cup in that period, that's all you ask for.

Belgican

Mar 8, 2002
Visit site
Just a honest question, does Kraken have exclusive rights to sign UFA’s or also exclusive rights to talk to them ?

a little bit surprised by these about these News about progress made with Hall…

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
Getting Larsson and Oleksiak signed offers Francis the opportunity to select some more puck-moving type Dmen with his other selections. Guys like Jake Bean or Dunn would complement Oleksiak and Larsson well for instance.
Yep. I have a feeling the top 2 teams in the Pacific will be Vegas and Seattle, and Vegas will easily win the President's trophy this season due to that shitty division.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
That should help with the Landeksog negotiation.

While they’re not direct comparables, two high-end UFA LW’s have signed:

Nugent-Hopkins: $5.125M X 8 years

Hall: $6M X 4 years

How much more will Landy want? The way the market is looking hopefully they can get him signed long term under $7M AAV.
If Landeskog wants term then something at 8 years x $6.75m would be a reasonable landing spot.

Belgican

Mar 8, 2002
Visit site
MacK and Mikko will be 34, 33 in 8 years and the only forward they have that might be a star top 6 guy in 8 years and young is Newhook. While Avs D should still be good in 8 years with Makar, Byram, Sakic will have to work some kind of magic and make some trades for top 6 forwards without giving up anyone from that d core to keep the team contender in 8 years. I don't think that's gonna happen. Every contender's window closes once few of their core players are over 30, and pretty much all of them have core players who they gave long term contract to and who are not aging well

Okay but I was saying I don’t understand Sakic wouldn’t try to still contend in 5 years, not in 8 years.

MacK will be 30, Rantanen 29, Makar 27, Girard 28, Byram 25

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
Just a honest question, does Kraken have exclusive rights to sign UFA’s or also exclusive rights to talk to them ?

They have exclusive rights to talk to and sign UFAs. Other teams can only talk to their own UFAs until 1 PM tomorrow when they can sign them, but they can't negotiate with other team's UFAs until the 28th.

Now can they negotiate with them through Seattle and do a sign and trade? I think so.

Reactions: Belgican

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Looking more and more like Landeskog is as money hungry as possible in his situation. It's all about maximizing his value, everything else is secondary.

It honestly blows my mind that Gabriel Landeskog of all UFAs went full money hungry. He would have been my first pick as a 'take less to help the team' guy.

AHahahahahha

Well... there goes my Grubauer to Edmonton prediction...

Reactions: Bill Peckerskull

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Anyone else getting a little nervous we haven't gotten the 'Seattle couldn't get a deal done with Landeskog' tweet yet?

I know Friedman said last night there wasn't much talks, but I'd like confirmation.

Reactions: Perratrooper

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
They have exclusive rights to talk to and sign UFAs. Other teams can only talk to their own UFAs until 1 PM tomorrow when they can sign them, but they can't negotiate with other team's UFAs until the 28th.

Now can they negotiate with them through Seattle and do a sign and trade? I think so.
Also, if Seattle agrees with a UFA, he's supposed to count as their selection in the Expansion Draft, but they can circumvent that by not signing them till the 28th, and taking another player in the draft.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Anyone else getting a little nervous we haven't gotten the 'Seattle couldn't get a deal done with Landeskog' tweet yet?

I know Friedman said last night there wasn't much talks, but I'd like confirmation.

He’s walking out tonight wearing the C on a Kraken jersey.

Reactions: Avs_19

Bender

Sep 25, 2002

They can't if BOS protected Hall and BOS can continue to negotiate but can't announce it until after ED

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Okay but I was saying I don’t understand Sakic wouldn’t try to still contend in 5 years, not in 8 years.

MacK will be 30, Rantanen 29, Makar 27, Girard 28, Byram 25
If they give Landeskog 8 year deal, it shouldn't hurt them in 5 years. As you said, MacK and Mikko will still be young and Landeskog will be 33, and thats completely fine. The 7th and 8th years of that contract will probably start looking bad depending on the AAV, but again, who cares as long as the Avs win a cup between now and 2029

Belgican

Mar 8, 2002
Visit site
If they give Landeskog 8 year deal, it shouldn't hurt them in 5 years. As you said, MacK and Mikko will still be young and Landeskog will be 33, and thats completely fine. The 7th and 8th years of that contract will probably start looking bad depending on the AAV, but again, who cares as long as the Avs win a cup between now and 2029
As you said it would look bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad