Rumor: 2020-21 Trade Rumours and FA Part VIII: Intra-Playoff Edition?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
What arguments don't hold much merit? Dude has 5 points in 15 playoff games and was invisible in most of them. He constantly wilts away when the pressure amps up.

And no, Nate does not rub teammates the same way Matt does.
Mackinnon does. To quite an extreme.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
One Center wasn’t changing the series. Nemeth and Graves blunders were not during a cycle, nemeth was all alone and Graves was pinching.
You’re legitimately only looking at the goals against.

what about the extra goals that would’ve come from the Center breaking up more cycles and generating more offense.

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
You’re legitimately only looking at the goals against.

what about the extra goals that would’ve come from the Center breaking up more cycles and generating more offense.

yeah it would have helped.. the post I originally replied to said we’d still be playing if we had another Center. Foolish to think so as our dcore was putrid.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
yeah it would have helped.. the post I originally replied to said we’d still be playing if we had another Center. Foolish to think so as our dcore was putrid.
It’s so hard to say. Who’s to say that Kadri wouldn’t have helped score an extra goal in game 3 to put the Avs up 2 and take a 3-0 lead.

this was a close series. It’s foolish to think that an important player like a capable 2C wouldn’t have made any difference.

A 2C may help mitigate some of the mistakes the dmen made, either by adding more offence, helping out on faceoffs, helping to keep the puck out of the defensive zone more often, etc.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
My idea of a perfect off season.

Attachments

• 7E38965B-38F5-460B-89AD-E037984BB4F8.jpeg
    7E38965B-38F5-460B-89AD-E037984BB4F8.jpeg
    43.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 214FC613-B45C-450A-80A8-355874BE587A.jpeg
    214FC613-B45C-450A-80A8-355874BE587A.jpeg
    107.7 KB · Views: 16
Reactions: LurkerMcgee

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012

Look at how abysmal the 3 centers beyond MacK played. Mack was the only center with a positive goal differential, positive chances for, corsi for, etc. The Compher/Jost duo were abysmal getting out shot, chanced, scored, etc. PEB held water on goals, but fell short everywhere else. Having another center to turn positive while push Jost to compete against Roy instead of Karlsson would have made a huge positive difference.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Go big for Danault or maybe someone via trade. If/when that fails, keep Kadri and bring in Stastny as the 3C.

Mackinnon
Kadri
Stastny
Jost

Peter Peckerwood

Aug 6, 2020
9764 Jeopardy Lane
Does anyone think Eichel wants to play 2nd fiddle to anyone? I don't feel like he would.
How would Mack feel with multiple people making more than one him and dies that impact his next contract negotiations?

I'm not convinced Danault can be a 2C here. I get what people are talking about as far as him just feeding his wingers, but if he's not a scoring threat himself....

We need out ELCs so much right now. We can't really deal much from that pool of players.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Does anyone think Eichel wants to play 2nd fiddle to anyone? I don't feel like he would.
How would Mack feel with multiple people making more than one him and dies that impact his next contract negotiations?

I'm not convinced Danault can be a 2C here. I get what people are talking about as far as him just feeding his wingers, but if he's not a scoring threat himself....

We need out ELCs so much right now. We can't really deal much from that pool of players.
Bowers not doing much hurts.

Reactions: LTC Pain

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

I don’t think Mack is affected by money much. I don’t think Eichel, Makar, and Mikko making more than him would bother him. All the dude wants to do is win. But I do think not being the guy would have an affect on him. I could see the same for Eichel.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
The only way we would be in on Tkachuk is if we let Landeskog go. It's not going to happen, so stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad