GDT: 2020-21 season game 23 LA Kings vs St. Louis Blues @6:00pm 3/6/21

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
I've mentioned this before but the first point he got in the AHL he immediately whipped around and started barking at the visiting bench and thumping his chest. He wouldn't tell me what he said when I asked him about it but I think he's definitely got... chutzpah, passion, balls whatever you wanna call it.

Without being a prick.

Allison's ahole attitude was more of how he treated other players, specifically rookies. He hated rookies more than Bill Parcells.

Allison played on 4 different teams and you really never heard people say good things about him, always left places on bad terms. He was another in along line of me first players that we have suffered through in LA, such as Khristich, Smyth and Avery. I heard a couple of things he did to young players that were just downright awful. That is what is so great about having Brown and Kopitar play for the Kings the last 15+ years. They showed on the bench a few games ago and Brown was talking to JAD about something and you could just tell how much of a leader he was. Same thing with Kopitar you can genuinely see how happy he is when a younger player makes a play, such as on Luff's goal last night. 11 and 23 in addition to being fantastic players on the ice completely changed the entire culture of this franchise and the results speak for themselves. I will fly out and probably legit cry when each one has their jersey retired.

Last edited:

Docgonzo

Triple Crown Line
Jan 9, 2010
Chino, Ca
Allison's ahole attitude was more of how he treated other players, specifically rookies. He hated rookies more than Bill Parcells.

Allison played on 4 different teams and you really never heard people say good things about him, always left places on bad terms. He was another in along line of me first players that we have suffered through in LA, such as Khristich, Smyth and Avery. I heard a couple of things he did to young players that were just downright awful. That is what is so great about having Brown and Kopitar play for the Kings the last 15+ years. They showed on the bench a few games ago and Brown was talking to JAD about something and you could just tell how much of a leader he was. Same thing with Kopitar you can genuinely see how happy he is when a younger player makes a play, such as on Luff's goal last night. 11 and 23 in addition to being fantastic players on the ice completely changed the entire culture of this franchise and the results speak for themselves. I will fly out and probably legit cry when each one has their jersey retired.

Attachments

• 33F66443-C074-47CA-869B-29C9021EB96B.png
    33F66443-C074-47CA-869B-29C9021EB96B.png
    582.1 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown

Even Bob Miller called Jason Allison a strange person. And I do recall Allison raising a stink when Andy Murray was planning on having guys like Mike Cammalleri and Alexander Frolov in the top six.

Reactions: Rumpelstiltskin

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
All a desperate come from behind win after being down 3-0 at home in the 1st period to stop a 4 game losing streak does is keep the team in the conversation. But at least they're still in the conversation. 6 of the next 8 games are against the top 3 teams in the division. To make those 6 matter though, they have to take care of the Ducks. If you assume the 2 against Vegas will be difficult to get points in, and break even against Col/StL, they almost have to get 4pts against Anaheim. 2 SO wins would be fine.
Tmac has the Kings playing pretty good team defense, but I just don't think they can score enough goals to stay in the mix for a playoff spot down the stretch.

Sparky206

Nov 13, 2019

Listen to Luffs interview after the game, he talks about Kopitar and how much he helps him off the ice and in training and how he checks in on him. Classy stuff from a guy whos done it all to one of the guys struggling to get much ice time this year.

Sparky206

Nov 13, 2019
Yet some experts on here tell us he's a terrible leader.
I think you can extend that type of leadership to Jeff Carter. Vilardi's improvement this year game to game has been remarkable. Sure their line lacks chemisty and hasn't gelled all that well but since Carter has been stapled to Vilardi his individual play and confidence has gone to another level and I think a lot of that confidence can be attributed to getting to play next to a veteran like Carter who can talk him through the last shift, what worked what didn't ect. Vilardi's shown flashes from the beginning, but now hes consistently taking on the opposition with stick handling and creating space for others and I can't help but think a lot of that would come from encouraging advice from Vets telling him to use his strengths when he gets the chance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad