Line Combos: 2020-21 Line Up

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Draft Rossi/Lundell and give whichever one a year before making the Hawks. I have no idea what the hell type of guys who'll be available in the 2nd round or later. Just pick the guy who's dropping.

Sign nobody of any real significance outside of some of our RFAs. If we can find a Carpenter type signing, cool. A cheap guy who fills a role well, even a small role, is a positive. But don't go for any big names.

If you can, trade Saad and Strome for futures.

Gerrard Gallant for the coaching position. Keep Brookbank in the organizaton in some role; I like the guy.

Roll with something like this

Kubalik Toews Caggiula
DeBrincat Dach Kane
Nylander Kurashev Kampf
Smith Carpenter Shaw/Barratt

Keith Boqvist
Maatta Murphy
DeHaan Mitchell
One of Carlsson/Gilbert/4K

Crow
One of Lankinen/Delia/Subban

echlfreak

Aug 1, 2003
Draft:
1-Lundell/Holtz/Rossi
2-Petersen
3-Colangelo
3-Commesso

Coach:
Gallant

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Bowman stays because.

Gerard Gallant Hired as coach.
Jeremy Colliton back to rockford.

Trade Brandon Saad for 2020 first and 2021 second
Trade Dylan Strome for 2020 first and 2021 Third
Trade Olli Maatta for 2020 third round and 4 round picks.
Trade Drake Caggiula for 2021 Third round pick.
Trade D Nick Seeler for 2021 7th round pick.
Trade for D Adam Clandening. 6 round pick.

Buyout Zach Smith.

Extend Dominik Kubalik 4 years $13.0 million $3.25 aav
Resign Crawford 2 years $9.0 million
$4.5 avg.
Extend Slater Koekkoek 1 year $1.2 million

Qualify Matthew Highmore,
Alexandre Fortin and Kevin Lankinan

Let go of Anton Wedin, Joseph Cramarossa, Jacob Nilsson, Joni
Tuulola, Ian McCoshen, TJ Brennan
Malcolm Subban

Sign to Entry Level Deals

Lw Maxim Shalunov 1 year $925k
C Evan Barrett 3 years $925k aav
Rw Andrei Artybarmaykan 3 years $925k aav
Rw Michael Teply 3 years (contract slides for a year if not up for more then 9 games)
Rw Mathias From (taking a chance)
D Ian Mitchell 3 years $925k aav
D Ryan Shea 2 years $925k aav
D Alex Regula ( Already signed)
G Ivan Nalimov 1 year $925k
G Alex Gravel 3 years ELC

Free agency

C Derek Grant 2 years $5.0 million
$2.5 aav
C/Lw Johan Larsson 2 years $4.0 million $2.0 aav

Oh yeah we won the tank boys
Lafrenierre is ours

Lines

Lafrenierre/Toews/Kubalik
Cat/Dach/Kane
Shalunov/Grant/Nylander
Larsson/Kampf/Carpenter
Shaw?

Keith/Boqvist
Murphy/Mitchell
De Hann/Seabrook (Question Marks no doubt)
Koekkoek

Crawford
Competition (Delia,Lankinan,Nalimov)

Rockford

Lw Brandon Hagel
Lw John Quennville (Waivers)
Lw Alexandre Fortin
Lw Tim Soderlund
Lw Dylan McLaughlin
C Matthew Highmore (Waivers)
C Phillip Kurashev
C Evan Barrett
C Reese Johnson
C Mikael Hakkareinan
Rw Dylan Sikura (Waivers)
Rw Anndrei Artybarmaykan
Rw Michael Teply
Rw Mackenzie Entwhistle
Rw Mathias From
D Dennis Gilbert
D Adam Clandening (Waivers)
D Lucas Carlsson
D Nicolas Beaudin
D Ryan Shea
D Alex Regula
D Chad Krys
G Lankinan (No waivers)
G Nalimov (Escape Clause)
G Tompkins (Echl ?)
G Gravel (ECHL)

Last edited:

echlfreak

Aug 1, 2003
Holtz-Toews-Kane
DeBrincat-Dach-Saad
In a rebuild get the top picks into game situations right away

Mix and match
Carpenter, Cag, Smith, Nylander, Shaw, Kampf

Keith-Boqvist
Maata-Murphy
DeHann-Mitchell
Seabs

Crow
Subban/Delia/Lankinen

No to Barratt in the line up he needs 2-4 years in the AHL

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
If we stay at #7... Holtz (my guy Stutzle will be long gone) but @hawksfan50 has me slowly getting on the Rossi bandwagon.

Pray like hell my guy Stranges slips to us in the late 2nd round (wish we had our original 2nd round pick)n

Extend my guy Kubalik, Strome (no signficant UFAs I would sign personally).

I'd trade Smith (for anything), Caggiula (love the guy but he just can't stay healthy) and either de Haan or Maatta (I doubt anyone touches de Haan right now or even Shaw) I personally would hate dealing Saad but I know it's probably best for the future (I wouldn't like it however).

Gallant if we're talking NHL coach. Rocky Thompson if they decide to go for a up and coming AHL coach.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Draft:
(win 2nd overall pick)
1 Quinton Byfield
2 Jean Luc Foudy
3 Michal Gut
3 Yegor Guskov G

Trade:
NYI-CHI - Dylan Strome, Olli Maatta, and Alex Nylander for Nick Leddy, Josh Ho Sang, and Ilya Sorokin
BOS/CHI - Brandon Saad for 2021 1st, & Anders Bjork
NJD/CHI – Zach Smith and 2021 2nd, for 3rd in 2020

Sign Mike Hoffman 5 years 6.5mil
Sign Ho Sang for 1yr 725k
Sign Kubalik 3yrs 3mil
Sign Cagguila 2yrs 2.5mil
Sign Gallant to coach
Sign Ross Mahoney as GM

Kubalik Toews Kane
Debrincat Dach Hoffman
Bjork Byfield Cagguila
Kampf Carpenter Shaw
Ho Sang

Keith Boqvist
Leddy Murphy
DeHaan Mitchell
Seabrook

Crawford
Sorokin

1.5mil in cap space on a 84mil Cap

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Draft:
(win 2nd overall pick)
1 Quinton Byfield
2 Jean Luc Foudy
3 Michal Gut
3 Yegor Guskov G

Trade:
NYI-CHI - Dylan Strome, Olli Maatta, and Alex Nylander for Nick Leddy, Josh Ho Sang, and Ilya Sorokin
BOS/CHI - Brandon Saad for 2021 1st, & Anders Bjork
NJD/CHI – Zach Smith and 2021 2nd, for 3rd in 2020

Sign Mike Hoffman 5 years 6.5mil
Sign Ho Sang for 1yr 725k
Sign Kubalik 3yrs 3mil
Sign Cagguila 2yrs 2.5mil
Sign Gallant to coach
Sign Ross Mahoney as GM

Kubalik Toews Kane
Debrincat Dach Hoffman
Bjork Byfield Cagguila
Kampf Carpenter Shaw
Ho Sang

Keith Boqvist
Leddy Murphy
DeHaan Mitchell
Seabrook

Crawford
Sorokin

1.5mil in cap space on a 84mil Cap
for me Mike Hoffman comes with too much baggage > his wife.

what has happen with Subban ??

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I'm not sure about the forwards, but how about running the defense the way Boston runs it's D?

Chara-McAvoy
Krug-Carlo
Grzelcyk-Lauzon

Keith-Mitchell
de Haan/Maatta-Boqvist
Beaudin-Murphy

Chara, Carlo, Lauzon, and McAvoy are their penalty killers, for the Hawks that would be Keith, de Haan/Maatta, Murphy, and Mitchell.

Krug is the top PP option with McAvoy and Grzelcyk on the second unit. For the Hawks it would be Boqvist on the top with Beaudin and Mitchell on the second unit.

Basically, all our young defensemen need to reach the similar potential of Boston's guys anyway in order for the Hawks to be competitive anyway. Mitchell needs to be the two-way stud that Musto believes he'll be, Boqvist needs to be an offensive stud that isn't a liability defensively, and Beaudin basically needs to be what Grzelcyk is.

I don't mind giving Mitchell more 5v5 time than Boqvist next year. He's older and in theory should be better to handling it for now. If Boqvist gets Krug-style ice time, it's not giving him the Jokiharju treatment.

Reactions: Cowch

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Possible Vhicago #1 goalie for 2020/21 and beyond:

.Crawford (if extended)

.Lehner (if signed as ufa)

.Markstrom (if he is let govs ufa and we sign him).

.Khudobin(if he goes to ufa and we sign him)

.Greiss (also maybe going to ufa..so again big goalie Market for for ufas is possible).

Point about Ctawforx is that while he has been making great saves go en pirous Hawks defense,the fact is be still was not a wall good enough to win many games...plus his age
Plus his concussion history = big risk and uncertain ROI.

Now the more goalies go to ufa the more processed will be driven down...so.maybe you woukdnprefer 1 of those ufas with better save% than C?

However we know coming tobthe Hawks they too probably cannot be good enough walls to wi g give the atrocious Hawks team defense
That puts gialiesvin constant high danger and in a shooting g gallery.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I'm not sure about the forwards, but how about running the defense the way Boston runs it's D?

Chara-McAvoy
Krug-Carlo
Grzelcyk-Lauzon

Keith-Mitchell
de Haan/Maatta-Boqvist
Beaudin-Murphy

Chara, Carlo, Lauzon, and McAvoy are their penalty killers, for the Hawks that would be Keith, de Haan/Maatta, Murphy, and Mitchell.

Krug is the top PP option with McAvoy and Grzelcyk on the second unit. For the Hawks it would be Boqvist on the top with Beaudin and Mitchell on the second unit.

Basically, all our young defensemen need to reach the similar potential of Boston's guys anyway in order for the Hawks to be competitive anyway. Mitchell needs to be the two-way stud that Musto believes he'll be, Boqvist needs to be an offensive stud that isn't a liability defensively, and Beaudin basically needs to be what Grzelcyk is.

I don't mind giving Mitchell more 5v5 time than Boqvist next year. He's older and in theory should be better to handling it for now. If Boqvist gets Krug-style ice time, it's not giving him the Jokiharju treatment.
Having Beaudin ready would be great. Him and Murphy would be a very reliable pairing. Keith-Mitchell/de Haan-Boqvist or Keith-Boqvist/de Haan-Mitchell gives us a top 4 that isn't embarrassing. Been too long since we've seen that. Seabs as a 7thD is probably tolerable. He'll have a lot more rest in between games and get a lot less playing time overall.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary

Chara-McAvoy
Krug-Carlo
Grzelcyk-Lauzon

Keith-Mitchell
de Haan/Maatta-Boqvist
Beaudin-Murphy

Keith - Mitchell
De Haan/Maatta - Boqvist
Carlsson - Murphy

I could get behind that. It really just depends how ready our young guys are. Those Boston kids were marinated for the most part, and physically competitive, strong, ready.
We are seeing signs of Boqvist needing some more time, Mitchell could need some time to adjust too.

But yeah i hope we will see pairs of balance between vets and youth, offense and defense.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
This is my crack at it...Assumes that the Hawks take Alexander Holtz with 7th pick. Buyout Smith, LTIR Seabrook, extend Crawford, Strome, Kubalik and Caggiula, no trades and Shaw/CdH return...2.5% cap ceiling increase, so ~$2m

FORWARDS (13)
Right wing: Dominik Kubalik ($3,000,000) - Patrick Kane ($10,500,000) - Andrew Shaw ($3,900,000) - Alexander Nylander ($863,333)
Centre: Jonathan Toews ($10,500,000) - Kirby Dach ($925,000) - Dylan Strome ($4,000,000) - Ryan Carpenter ($1,000,000)
Left wing: Alexander Holtz ($925,000) - Brandon Saad ($6,000,000) - Alex DeBrincat ($6,400,000) - Drake Caggiula ($2,000,000) - David Kämpf ($1,000,000)
DEFENSE (7)
Right: Adam Boqvist ($894,167) - Ian Mitchell ($925,000) - Connor Murphy ($3,850,000)
Left: Duncan Keith ($5,538,462) - Calvin De Haan ($4,550,000) - Olli Määttä ($4,083,333) - Lucas Carlsson ($792,500)
GOALTENDER (2)
Corey Crawford ($4,500,000) - Collin Delia ($1,000,000)
BUYOUTS (1)
Zack Smith ($1,083,333)
DETAILS
Roster Size: 22
Salary Cap: $83,500,000
Cap Hit: $78,230,128
Cap Space: $5,269,872

Chicago Blackhawks - 2020 - 2021 - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Reactions: ColdSteel2

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Hire Gallant

If no lotto win, draft Askarov

Trade Saad for mid 1st to draft Wallinder

Trade Strome+ for 2 early 2nds to draft Tuch and Stranges

Let Crawford walk, an all time favorite but he needs to play too much to get in the groove and there are age/injury concerns.

Sign Lehner 6.8M x 4 years, NMC first 2 years, 10 team no trade year 3, no restrictions year 4 to make room for Askarov to start

Sign Khodobin 4.2M x 2 years, very underrated goalie, plays great sporadically or in stretches of starts

Sign Kubalik long term, 4M x 3 years, walks him to UFA

Resign Cagguila, 1.8M x 1 year

Sign Reaves to a similar deal to what Maroon got, will help implement Gallant’s play style

Sign a cheap bottom 6er looking to rebound, chose Karlsson

Trade Smith + Calgary 3rd for a late round pick

013B8C28-3A89-498B-B6FE-DA6D453C891F.png
BDA11C89-FD12-4F15-8D67-D83749B03A3B.png
BD133F13-25BD-4F1A-8A96-A3C3BA7DF9CC.png
45AA4107-B1A5-4589-8755-9A4F4F046F34.png

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
11mil committed to our goalies? No thank you.

The reasoning there is the core seems pissed about losing and going nowhere and it’s the only way this team makes the postseason IMO. Need to throw them a bone. Khudobin is gone in 2 years, maybe Lehner too, then they go super cheap in goal with Askarov once the young players need raises.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Reaves and Sikura on the 3rd line and that team is supposed to make the playoffs?

This is a tank roster. He wants the team to be completely torn down and rebuilt. Although it's a tank roster with Lehner and Khudobin... and he talks about them making the playoffs.

None of it makes sense.

Remove Saad and Strome, replace them with Reaves and Sikura... and somehow make the post season.

The current team is better than this, and had Lehner, and isn't making the playoffs.

:facepalm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad