Avatars: 2020-21 HFSJ Avatars Trading/Marketplace thread

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
If you're looking to actually get your own pack of avatars, or even want to know just what the heck all of this is about, you're best served to start in the other thread:

Avatars: - 2020-21 HFSJ Series 1 Collectible Trading Avatars (main claims/distribution/info thread)

This thread will be for posters who have avatars and want to engage in some trading and acquisitions around them

For the most part I'm not going to be maintaining a close eye on what happens for trades and deals unless there's a dispute that requires mod intervention. I trust you guys/gals to be able to handle most of this on your own since it should be a silly, frivolous, low-stakes thing. that said there are going to be a few ground rules/guidelines:

1) Since I obviously cant enforce anything strictly given that this pretty much falls outside of the range of HF's site rules, I'm trusting you all to be on the honor system about fulfilling trade obligations and results. That means if you trade away an avatar I trust that you won't simply choose to keep using it given that you retain the original image/link. If you offer up some sort of goods/service to someone in a trade, I trust you to deliver on that promise as agreed. I can't strictly sanction or punish anyone for failing to do so in terms of site rules, but if I do find that anyone has tried to "cheat" this system I may bar them from future participation in avatar distributions or other projects where possible.

2) Keep in mind that HF is not a marketplace and while we have allowed ticket exchange threads, they come with restrictions to avoid undue problems for site ownership. With that in mind, please be careful about exchanging any goods/services of real-world monetary value in a trade. It sounds crazy to say this, but I remember the old days of avatar "drafts" where people traded beers at a game or honest to goodness tickets to Sharks/Cuda games in order to secure avatars they wanted. I'm not against that happening here, but remember to abide by the rules of ticket exchange if game tickets are changing hands in a deal (or the promise of game tickets in the future on account of Corona)

3) It's best to conduct actual exchanges of avatar via PM unless you want to risk people poaching your stuff. If you post an avatar link publicly and someone else swipes it for use without a trade in place, sorry but I won't be offering compensation/restitution.

4) If you've made trades and your pack preview image is out of date but you still want to offer up any of those avatars for a deal, let me know and I may, time permitting, make you an updated preview graphic to represent your new holdings. These things do take time to assemble though so I will not be doing it frequently and I may have to put restrictions on such requests if it gets out of hand and I no longer have the time to handle all of them.

5) Remember, this is silly fun. Treat it like that. Don't get worked up over anything and don't make a big deal out of any bad circumstances. I made this project with the intent of everyone getting enjoyment out of it. If the opposite happens that's kind of a problem.

If anyone wishes to set up a "trade shop" post, let me know in here and I can append a directory of trade shops to the bottom of this or the next post with links so people can find them more easily. Otherwise you're free to use and post in this thread for trading purposes however you want.

Reactions: Sandisfan

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
0HKWJH.jpg

Off-Limits: None
Not looking to trade but will consider:Tristen Robins, Joachim Blichfeld, white Couture
Looking to trade: Everything else
Wants: Anything Joe Thornton, Melker Karlsson if he exists, Ryan Merkley, Jonathan Dahlen, Alexi Melnichuk, Ivan Chekhovich.

Last edited:

NiWa

Nov 27, 2003
Ireland
Original Pack - Before trades
0H4bxq.jpg
0H3yio.jpg
Packs updated (after trades)
Pack #65 "The Past & Present" vs Pack #20 "The Future"
4TcTjw4.jpg
5YzfASO.jpg

Not avail: Ehrhoff (Draft Gems), Hertl (Common), Chekhovich (Common), Sheng Peng (Common).
All others could be traded.

Looking for (of revealed so far):
  • Young Guns: Bordeleau, Chekhovich, Hatakka, Knyazev, Knyzhov, Leonard, Merkley, Robins.
  • Top Of The Class: Meier, Merkley
  • Base set: Blichfeld, Donato, Doug Wilson JR, Ferraro, Karlsson, Knyzhov, Leonard, Meier.
Log - Packs received: #65 (initial), #20 (WJC predictor winnings, 3rd place)
Log - Trades
  • Sheng Peng: Gifted Sheng Peng to him.
  • DicDonya: His DG-Ehrhoff for my TotC-Couture
  • KarlssonsGroin: His Olympic-Goc + YG-Melnichuk for my Classic-Marleau + WJCPP-Toskala
  • Slocal:
    1) His YG-Chmelevski for TotC-Goc [It was the very first avatar trade in the HFSJ Series 1.]
    2) His Sig-Simek + YG-Wiesblatt + C-Couture for my Olympic-Goc + YG-Chmelevski + C-Simek​
  • hohosaregood: His Sig-Chmelevski + C-Chekhovich for my Olympic-Murray + C-Korenar

Last edited:

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
0H3OL0.jpg

0H3793.jpg

0HK2ok.jpg

0H3wPi.jpg

Off-limits: Ricci, Simek, Whitney, EK65
Will think about it: Merkley, Cheechoo
Looking for: Murray, Clowe, Nolan, Nabokov, Ricci, other early 2000s guys (uncommon or higher)

Gone, gone, gone: Chmelevski, Finn, Pavelski

Last edited:

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
0H4bxq.jpg

Looking to keep Kevin Labanc, Tomas Hertl , Sheng Peng.
Rest are up for trade.

Interested IF available (of revealed so far):
* Young Guns: Tristen Robins, Thomas Bordeleau, Ivan Chekhovich, Sashsa Chmelevski
* Top Of The Class: Timo Meier, Ryan Merkley
* Signature Sharks: Sasha Chmelevski
* Base set: Ferraro, Timo Meier, Bergmann, Chekhovich, Chmelevski, Melnichuk

Interested in unrevealed (if exists):
* Christian Ehrhoff

Others up for discussion. :)
Wanna do your rare Murray for my rare chmelevski?

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
Here's what was in my pack:

0H4N07.jpg

Not super attached to any of these in particular, so willing to trade whatever.
Except the one I'm using (Ibragimov).

Interested in a Timo or Doug Murray. If there's a Marco Sturm out there I'd be hecka interested in that.

Last edited:

BillR10

Nov 16, 2008
0H3u9x.jpg

Currently available - Braun and all commons not named Nabby

Looking for - Korky, Melnichuk and some 90s Sharks

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Looking to acquire one Mario Ferraro! If anyone is willing to deal one i'm interested.
I saw the real Mario Ferraro at the Amazon store in Santana row on Thursday. I didn’t say anything, but I got the impression that he doesn’t expect to be recognized.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
These avis make me wish that there was a system on the sitr to cycle avis like cycling wallpapers on windows.

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
Tf97 and I traded his Hertl for my Jumbo. Just posting for record keeping sake.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00