2020/21 HF Keeper Pool (CLOSED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Rosters have been updated, double check your rosters for accuracy! I am inputting them in over the next couple of days into the hockey pool website. Dont worry if not done by seasons start, all stats will be retroactive to Day 1 of the season, but I should have it done.

Also the 2022 Draft pics are loaded into your rosters so they can now be traded. READ NEXT POST BEFORE YOU GO CRAZY TRADING PLAYERS FOR PICS

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
NOTE FOR NEXT SEASON!

1. Rosters will not go beyond 34 players. You need to have the roster spots in order to draft players, this means you may have to drop players you do not want to, so keep an eye on your available roster spots and number of draft picks. For teams in it to win it, you may not care about draft picks. But if you trade a whack of players for 10 draft pics and have only 2 slots available you will have to drop 8 players first! So be careful out there! This is a talent levelling tool, and helps disperse prospects to the weaker teams that need prospects more.

2. SALARY CAP. As discussed last year the pool was started 4 years ago not with the intent to be a keeper pool but that is how it evolved and so to distribute talent out more evenly that I was introducing the cap after the current season we are in to help level talent.

I am not sure what the cap limits will be but have been playing around with $102 million for 34 players, which is $3M per player and a lower limit of $68 million which is an average of $2M per player.

I am going to be adding each teams current salary to their rosters over the next few weeks so everyone can see where they are at.

Would like your thoughts on cap limits.

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020
NOTE FOR NEXT SEASON!

1. Rosters will not go beyond 34 players. You need to have the roster spots in order to draft players, this means you may have to drop players you do not want to, so keep an eye on your available roster spots and number of draft picks. For teams in it to win it, you may not care about draft picks. But if you trade a whack of players for 10 draft pics and have only 2 slots available you will have to drop 8 players first! So be careful out there! This is a talent levelling tool, and helps disperse prospects to the weaker teams that need prospects more.

2. SALARY CAP. As discussed last year the pool was started 4 years ago not with the intent to be a keeper pool but that is how it evolved and so to distribute talent out more evenly that I was introducing the cap after the current season we are in to help level talent.

I am not sure what the cap limits will be but have been playing around with $102 million for 34 players, which is $3M per player and a lower limit of $68 million which is an average of $2M per player.

I am going to be adding each teams current salary to their rosters over the next few weeks so everyone can see where they are at.

Would like your thoughts on cap limits.

A quick look at my one team has me at about $145m for the year. Dropping 40m should be fun!

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
A quick look at my one team has me at about $145m for the year. Dropping 40m should be fun!

Boston is about the same....there are a few teams that will be way below the floor so I am thinking maybe a higher cap and lower floor in year one and then by year two all teams would be at the lower cap.

Cap numbers I rationalized at the $82 million NHL cap plus about $1m per additional player to 34 players.

Should it be higher? Lower?

Reactions: m0pe

hidek91

Jan 13, 2014
Warsaw, PL
I think that introducing the salary cap is a good idea, however what is the point of introducing the floor? It would only affect the weakest teams, forcing them to fill the spots by bad contracts.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I think that introducing the salary cap is a good idea, however what is the point of introducing the floor? It would only affect the weakest teams, forcing them to fill the spots by bad contracts.

Yeah I guess it was to emulate what they do in the NHL. I am not 100% on putting it in, and want feedback, thanks!

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
OK all rosters are now loaded into the hockeydraft.ca website.

PM me for the new login and password and doublecheck your rosters.

If you see players not there it is because many of the recently drafted players who will not be playing this year are not loaded into their database. Players who are not loaded into their database will be marked with an asterisk * in your roster list.

Almost time for hockey!!!

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Gents, sad to say DaBeast has left the league, I have PMd him many times without response and gave until today to hear if he was in or not, no reply, so sorry to say it appears he doesn't want to continue on, was great to have him for the last 4 years.

So the new Florida GM is SJSharks39 effective immediately! Welcome aboard!

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Just signing in, I’ll go through it all after the games tonight!! These all count for tonight so don’t worry!

Reactions: Gecklund
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad