Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wylie, Wyatte

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
Usually, yeah. I just really like his chances, and couldn't pass on a possible legit main roster body. Plus, a much, much needed incoming PK option. Millman has so many more hills to climb to be an NHL regular.

Fair enough, our opinions on them seem very similar. I think I weigh the "path to the NHL" issue a lot less then most people. Not saying that's right or wrong, I just try to ignore that aspect as it seems it reflects more on the organization then the prospect themselves.

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
***If you’re playing regularly with your teams best players, it’s easier to rack up points. When you’re regularly playing with bottom of the lineup players, it’s gonna be harder to rack up points.***

- Solovyov was given the former, Millman the latter

- Quality of Teammates has a strong relationship with point production . It’s one of the most important bits of context I look for when evaluating prospects in particular.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
Noah Cates.

I think his probability of becoming an NHL regular is higher than anyone else on the board by a decent margin. I could be wrong, but it felt like no prospect left was worth gambling on, versus the relative safety of Cates.

Cates is a big, smart, versatile player with PK value, good hands in tight, and few warts. A pretty ideal support or complimentary-style winger for the bottom six. Sign me up.

Millman was tempting in this spot. He's a toolsy, ascending talent, and plays a more premium position. It was a tough call, but I took the more conservative route. I just really like the odds for Cates to "make it."
I respect it. I recognize the safety in the projection of Cates, but I like Millmans potential.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Fair enough, our opinions on them seem very similar. I think I weigh the "path to the NHL" issue a lot less then most people. Not saying that's right or wrong, I just try to ignore that aspect as it seems it reflects more on the organization then the prospect themselves.

I should clarify. I don't weigh a players individual path within the organization into my rankings or vote. When stating that Millman has many more hills to climb, I meant as a player in general.

Cates is approaching ready-made status. Very few question marks. Just plop him into the lineup and he likely won't totally sink.

A defenseman's path will almost always be a bumpier ride to the league. That's all. Not a endictment on anything specific to Millman. I like him. He's a totally justifiable vote.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
I should clarify. I don't weigh a players individual path within the organization into my rankings or vote. When stating that Millman has many more hills to climb, I meant as a player in general.

Cates is approaching ready-made status. Very few question marks. Just plop him into the lineup and he likely won't totally sink.

A defenseman's path will almost always be a bumpier ride to the league. That's all. Not a endictment on anything specific to Millman. I like him. He's a totally justifiable vote.

Ahhh okay I gotcha. I misinterpreted your other post.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Why I expect at some point to see one of the LHD prospects to be packaged for a RHD after the ED.
Provorov, Sanheim, Ghost, York, Zamula, Andrae, Millman, obviously not all will be in the organization in a few years.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Personally, I find it hard how to justify picking an unknown lottery ticket like Millman over proven talent like Hogberg... especially at a point in the rankings where we are basically talking bottom-6 and 3rd pairing upside. Linus Hogberg is the prototypical cheap, steady bottom pairing D and after 4 seasons of SHL, he might not even be that far away from playing.

Last edited:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Hogberg is interesting, since he's showing a real knack for offense this year, albeit at a lower level at 22 years old. This also reflects a SHL reality, a less than uber talent will struggle to get those PP and top teammate PT when he's 20-21 years old. Hogberg has 4 seasons of SHL play, but now he's getting a chance to expand his game.

Millman exceeded expectations at 18, but in the CHL, Hogberg is three years older, but spent those years in a man's league and showed he could hold his own. So you have to give Millman the edge on upside, but Hogberg the edge on showing that he's close to NHL ready.

Similar to Allison v Tanner, Laczynski is a more certain bet, as is Cates, but Allison has more upside as a potential 20+ goal scoring PF.

The nice thing is these are all credible projections to the NHL, unlike say 5-6 years ago,
Laughton, Hagg, Ghost, Morin, Stolarz, Sanheim, Alt, Leier, NAK, Alderson
Laughton heads list of Flyers' top 10 prospects
Provorov, Sanheim, Laughton, Morin, Ghost, Hagg, Cousins, Alt, Nak, Friedman, Stolarz, TK, Parks, Leier, Fazleev, Lindblom, Vasiliev, Wilcox, Marody, Kase
https://www.hockeysfuture.com/artic...ia-flyers-top-20-prospects-list-new-champion/

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
boooooooooo

iu

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
I actually think i am going Hogberg next , he is preforming quite well against much stiffer comp .

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I actually think i am going Hogberg next , he is preforming quite well against much stiffer comp .

Appleyard can clarify, but I think Allsvenskan is in between the AHL and the ECHL in terms of competition.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Appleyard can clarify, but I think Allsvenskan is in between the AHL and the ECHL in terms of competition.

A lot closer to the AHL than ECHL...

Allsvenskan is usually at ~75% of the translation factor the AHL has.
ECHL... yeh... like at ~35% of the translation factor the AHL has.

but yeh, between them.

Allsvenskan is probably - in terms of level - right around DEL level/a bit better than NCAA.

This year it is a bit stronger than usual.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad