• Wisdom, Zayde

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wylie, Wyatte

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
Going with york cus he has huge upside and he is from my neighborhood of orange county! Got to represent! His banners are all around the local rink! LETS GO YORK

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I had York and Brink back to back in the draft, in that order. I don't think either has done anything to stand out above the other 1 year later. Perhaps Brink has shown more skill development in his skating. It's plausible he has more upside; it's also plausible that York's super high floor, while still having a good ceiling, is more valuable. I think York has less obstacles for usage maximizing, which is an angle I pessimistically look at more and more. But Brink flashes special abilities a bit more; whereas York is just hyper efficient.

I also think Zamula is in this tier and shouldn't be forgotten. With Ginning of course.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Went Brink, but already second guessing myself. Probably should have went York.
tenor.gif

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
York over Brink until Brink does something special.

York has a very high floor, and being super efficient is far more valuable than advertised, it ain't sexy, it just wins games.

Being a flashy offensive player will get you a lot more highlight film, but unless you're at least decent on defense, your highlights will have more value than your overall play. Brink is going to score, but he has to skate and play both ends.

Zamula is also efficient, but to me, until he shows he can fill out that frame and remain effective, not sure there are many top 4 D-men who are 6'3 185. Love his poise, but he's not a speed merchant and will have to deal with contact.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I went with Zamula over York.

For one, I havent seen nearly as much of York.

For two, Zamula has just exuded confidence every time i've seen him play. Combined with his size and overall skill package, I just cant see him not being a hit for us.

Nabrules

Nov 5, 2018
I went with Zamula over York.

For one, I havent seen nearly as much of York.

For two, Zamula has just exuded confidence every time i've seen him play. Combined with his size and overall skill package, I just cant see him not being a hit for us.

aka the 4 wj games

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
There's no question that Zamula is mentally ready for the NHL, just watching him in TC you can see how poised and under control he was at 19.
But physically it's a huge jump from CHL/WJC play to NHL play, and another jump to NHL playoff play.

Zamula is not a swift, agile waterbug who can avoid contact and would be sheltered by a HC looking to use his offensive skills. He's a smart puck moving defenseman who has to handle the defensive side of the game, and that implies a fair amount of contact, in the corners, along the boards, in front of the net. He's not going to be an offensive force who relies on his defensive oriented partner to do his dirty work.

He doesn't have to be a beast like Myers, he does have to be able to hold his own, and unless he suddenly fills out, I think he may be 2-3 years away - and until then I don't think he can handle a 100 game load.

That's why I think York has the edge, his body is more suited for the NHL game where a compact defenseman who knows how to use leverage can compensate for lack of size.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
There's no question that Zamula is mentally ready for the NHL, just watching him in TC you can see how poised and under control he was at 19.
But physically it's a huge jump from CHL/WJC play to NHL play, and another jump to NHL playoff play.

Zamula is not a swift, agile waterbug who can avoid contact and would be sheltered by a HC looking to use his offensive skills. He's a smart puck moving defenseman who has to handle the defensive side of the game, and that implies a fair amount of contact, in the corners, along the boards, in front of the net. He's not going to be an offensive force who relies on his defensive oriented partner to do his dirty work.

He doesn't have to be a beast like Myers, he does have to be able to hold his own, and unless he suddenly fills out, I think he may be 2-3 years away - and until then I don't think he can handle a 100 game load.

That's why I think York has the edge, his body is more suited for the NHL game where a compact defenseman who knows how to use leverage can compensate for lack of size.

Zamula is currently 1" taller and 5 lbs lighter than John Klingberg. Thats assuming he hasnt added any weight the last 6 months.

Your obsession over "filling out" is the worst kind of broken record.

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
Went with Zamula. He should be a bottom pairing guy already, like myers was 2 seasons ago. And i see his ceiling as a borderline 1 dman.

2nd fact: this league and franchise loves huge bodies. So he will get more chances than York or brink

Reactions: Rebels57

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Zamula is currently 1" taller and 5 lbs lighter than John Klingberg. Thats assuming he hasnt added any weight the last 6 months.

Your obsession over "filling out" is the worst kind of broken record.

Klingberg is a better skater than Zamula, and he's a huge outlier, reportedly 6'0 157 lbs when drafted, bulked up to 180?
Not sure of his height either, 6'1 to 6'3 have been listed, weight 177 to 190 lbs.

EP has Zamula at 6'3 176, Flyers TC roster 6'3 172.
So to be equivalent to Klingberg, Zamula needs to add another 10-15 lbs (6'3 185-190).
To be equivalent to Sanheim, who is also a better skater, he would need to add 30 lbs.

Zamula is a smooth skater, but he's no speed demon, he's not going rely on his skating but his IQ, poise and stick, and he'll have to deal with contact more than a "waterbug" defenseman who plays primarily an offensive role.

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
I’m voting for whoever has the best musculature for #3.

Biceps, triceps, & even abs baby. Don’t forget quads and glutes!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad