13. Hogberg, Linus - 32%
14. Rubtsov, German - 41%
15. Kase, David - 35%
16. Desnoyers, Elliot - 42%
17. Bunnaman, Connor - 43%

Prospect Info: - 2020-21 Flyers Prospects - Top 30 SKATERS, #17

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
At this point I'd have to go Wisdom or Wylie.

Since we have zero data for Wisdom right now (big question with draft picks is that jump they usually take in their post draft season, since they get drafted off projections based on past performance, the ones that make the jump tend to be better than their draft spot), I have to go with Wylie off his steady progression since drafted.

I'd feel more confident in Wylie if he had some AHL games to show last season wasn't merely an overage CHL artifact, but you have to go with what you know, and he's done what you'd want to see.

I can't get excited about McClennon yet, he's painfully small, though his late birthday holds out hope he can fill out and maybe add an inch or two, but given that lack of size, you really want to see him dominate offensively, which he didn't do at 17. I can't even see him as a NHL player unless he starts putting up 100+ points in the CHL b/c what else is he going to bring to the table?

Last edited:

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
Afteruch needed rest and time to train and get right physically this is a make or break year for laberge. He's always been talented and I think he's going to be in the mix of things. He gets my vote by being closest to the lineup

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Laberge has pretty much the same odds of an NHL career as some on this board.

Also, maybe the Flyers should cross Victoriaville off of future scouting road trips. Serdyuk was great in his draft year, great start to his D+1, core muscle injury, and seemingly hasn't recovered. A shame. He looked like a great 6th round target in the mold of McClennon.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I think we are officially in the slop tier haha

I think Sushko and Lycksell are on track to be NHL level guys... even if as 4th liners.

McClennon has a loooooot of talent.
Wisdom has the skill-set to make it.
Attard has some major issues but has a lot of skills that are NHL level. Same with St. Ivany. I dont believe wholly in either but would not shock me if played some NHL.
I dont personally think Wylie will make it... but might.

Heck, Sushko, Lycksell, Wisdom, Wylie, Attard and McClennon would all be in the teams top ~8-9 prospects ~10 years ago ahahahaha.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
I went with Sushko because he’s at least shown a bit at the AHL level and has a bit more upside than Twarynski. That being said, you can pretty much throw a dart at the board at this point. There is a very good chance that not a single remaining prospect will ever be an NHL regular

Reactions: orangey

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I think Sushko and Lycksell are on track to be NHL level guys... even if as 4th liners.

Attard has some major issues but has a lot of skills that are NHL level. Same with St. Ivany. I dont believe wholly in either but would not shock me if played some NHL.

Heck, Sushko, Lycksell, Wisdom, Wylie, Attard and McClennon would all be in the teams top ~8-9 prospects ~10 years ago ahahahaha.

10 years ago? Try 6 years ago!

Laughton, Hagg, Ghost, Morin, Stolarz, Sanheim, Alt, Leier, NAK, Alderson

Laughton heads list of Flyers' top 10 prospects

Laughton, Morin, Ghost, Sanheim, Hagg, Alt, NAK, Cousins, Friedman, Stolarz, Parks, Leier, Wilcox, Vasiliev, Fazleev, Lindblom, Akeson, Alderson, Noebels, Pettersson

https://www.hockeysfuture.com/artic...rospect-philadelphia-flyers-2014-fall-top-20/

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

Laughton, Morin, Ghost, Sanheim, Hagg, Alt, NAK, Cousins, Friedman, Stolarz, Parks, Leier, Wilcox, Vasiliev, Fazleev, Lindblom, Akeson, Alderson, Noebels, Pettersson

Laughton remains top prospect in Philadelphia Flyers' 2014 Fall Top 20 - Hockey's Future

And it had been that way since the late 80s. That's not an exaggeration. Constant Dark Ages for prospect depth.

Reactions: captainpaxil

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

Laughton remains top prospect in Philadelphia Flyers' 2014 Fall Top 20 - Hockey's Future

I mean... that list is pretty poor even for the time ahaha in terms of order.

None of the guys left would have been over:

Laughton, Morin, Ghost, Sanheim, Hagg and Cousins at the time really. Maybe ~2 make the top 10.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
This is AFTER Hextall's first draft, and the guys we're dissing now would easily be competing for slots 8-10!
Though Lindblom shows how easy it is to overlook a late round pick before they get a chance to show their stuff, like Desnoyers this year.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
This is AFTER Hextall's first draft, and the guys we're dissing now would easily be competing for slots 8-10!
Though Lindblom shows how easy it is to overlook a late round pick before they get a chance to show their stuff, like Desnoyers this year.

Lindblom was a 1st round talent though... even in draft year was ranked top 60 by a lot of people... crazy he fell that far!

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I think Lindblom fell for the same reason Desnoyers and Wisdom fell, it's just harder to judge players who lack obvious skills like speed or a great shot, and depend on IQ, toughness and motor. Some exceed expectations (Stone for example, who was a 6th rd pick for same reason Lindblom fell to the 5th), some end up on the 4th line for their career.

I think the most important think Hextall did was to strengthen the scouting group (and Fletcher is smart enough to recognize a good thing and not mess it up), there's little value in amassing a stockpile of draft picks if you can't take advantage of them.

Reactions: IronMarshal

IronMarshal

Mar 7, 2002
Langhorne, PA
Visit site
I went with Attard. I like his size, plus shot, decent skating, physical play, and right handedness. He is the kind of prospect that will take some time, 2 -3 years college 2-3 AHL, then he is ready. Kind of reminds me of Chris Therrien a little. As a #6 RHD, that is not too bad. I think his upside is better than St. Ivany, Wylie, and Ginning. I think Sushko and Twarensky both can play in the NHL in reserve/checking roles. Not sure if Lyksell will translate into a bottom 6 role, and the top 6 is just too competitive. I am pretty sure Wisdom can become a bottom sixer and may be better than Twar, and Sushko. I know McClennon is really talented, just not sure if skating and size will hold up at the NHL level. Given our present pool, there is a good chance none of these guys will make it as regulars on the Flyers, but may make it elsewhere and may be part of a trade package. I think Attard has the best shot of eventually sticking given the circumstances of who is in front of them.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries

Yeah I was half joking. Though I do think we are at the point where guys either have one or two high end skills but also big flaws or are more well rounded but without any particular standout skill so like you said could be 4th liner, depth types if everything works out. Somebody else mentioned throwing a dart at a board at this point and that's pretty much how I feel. Anyone becoming even a bottom 6 regular out of this group would be a pleasant surprise.

Reactions: Appleyard

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad