12. O'Brien' Jay - 52% RUNOFF
13. Hogberg, Linus - 32%
14. Rubtsov, German - 41%
15. Kase, David - 35%

Prospect Info: - 2020-21 Flyers Prospects - Top 30 SKATERS, #15

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
A toss-up between Desnoyers and McClennon for me.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
A toss-up between Desnoyers and McClennon for me.
Let me be on the McClennon island alone Ted.

2016: Top scoring 13 year old in Canada's top u15 "Prep" league. Tripled the next closest. Was 4th overall in scoring.
2017: Led the league in scoring by 20 points as a 14 year old.
2018: Top scoring 15 year old (edged out Kent Johnson) in the u18 league. Was 4th overall in scoring.
2019: Top scorer at the u17 World Hockey Challenge (a true best-on-best tournament). Was 3rd in 16 year old scoring in the WHL (behind Sourdif and Jarvis).
2020: Second highest 17 year old scorer in the WHL (behind Jarvis).

He and Jake Neighbours crossed paths (playing on the same Bantam team) and Jake has never outproduced McClennon at any level. Neighbours went in the first round for some reason.

I don't want to make him out to be a superstar because there's a chance he's just an undersized scorer without the dynamic skating to be an effective NHLer, but guys with his extensive track record tend to find a way. And it's not like he was the oldest kid in his age group either. He's a summer birthday and now the second youngest player in the system.

Last edited:

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018

2016: Top scoring 13 year old in Canada's top u15 "Prep" league. Tripled the next closest. Was 4th overall in scoring.
2018: Top scoring 15 year old (edged out Kent Johnson) in the u18 league. Was 4th overall in scoring.
2019: Top scorer at the u17 World Hockey Challenge (a true best-on-best tournament). Was 3rd in 16 year old scoring in the WHL (behind Sourdif and Jarvis).

He and Jake Neighbours crossed paths (playing on the same Bantam team) and Jake has never outproduced McClennon at any level. Neighbours went in the first round for some reason.

I don't want to make him out to be a superstar because there's a chance he's just an undersized scorer without the dynamic skating to be an effective NHLer, but guys with his extensive track record tend to find a way. And it's not like he was the oldest kid in his age group either. He's a summer birthday and now the second youngest player in the system.

We’re trapped on this island together Gilligan.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

I love when you share this kind of info...I assume few of us knew any of this. Well done.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

To me he's down on the list, same with Wisdom, simply because we can't see him in action this year against better competition/bigger role. He's an "unknown unknown."

His lack of size, combined with a lack of elite speed, makes him an extreme outlier, without the track record that Brink had going into the draft. Age 16 and 17 WHL performance was "OK," but not eye opening. Brink on the other hand was dominant in the USHL and his cameos on the USDP and WJC-18 affirmed that performance.

That raises the suspicion that he was a top performer at an age before his peers hit their growth spurt, but playing against older, more physically mature competition he has slide back to earth.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
re: The Vote

Rubtsov could remember to play offense again and make this statement look foolish, but I don't know how anyone could have any confidence he's actually a better prospect than Desnoyers right now. Desnoyers does a lot of the things off-puck that make Rubtsov valuable, but he actually shows a pulse offensively. I don't see him being much more than a solid 4th liner atm, but I don't have much confidence Rubtsov is much more than that either and he's almost 4 years older and approaching his second contract.

Bunnaman was pretty solid in his second call-up and probably deserved to play over Thompson because of it, but do we have any confidence he's more than a 12th forward? His performance in the NHL didn't exactly line up with his AHL performance. I think he rode the coattails of Raffl and NAK...which is more than Thompson can say I guess. :dunno:

I love when you share this kind of info...I assume few of us knew any of this. Well done.
5'8 157.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Bunnaman was pretty solid in his second call-up and probably deserved to play over Thompson because of it, but do we have any confidence he's more than a 12th forward? His performance in the NHL didn't exactly line up with his AHL performance. I think he rode the coattails of Raffl and NAK...which is more than Thompson can say I guess.

Please just get on board and roll with it. Not with the vote, but just in general. It's all I have left - the rest of my dreams are covered in fleas and f***ing drool.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
HOP%2Bpresidential%2BSimon%2Bw.jpg

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Well, it'll get a bit thin by #26.

Of course, 6-7 years ago, it was a bit thin by #11.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad