• Strome, Matthew

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Westfalt, Marcus

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I'll go with Hogberg again, he's showing an additional dimension to his game, while others have higher upsides, his floor is a 3rd pair starting NHL defenseman, and he's got 2nd pair potential. Someone like JOB is too hard to predict, Desnoyers is off to a great start but is it for real, and so on.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Not sure I'd have Lycksell before Kase and Desnoyers, he's been OK but nothing special in the SHL hasn't stepped up this year at age 21.

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
In no particular order, here is my list of people above the "pick a name out of a hat time"
Rubstov, JOB, Hogberg, Lycksell, Kase, Desnoyers

The talent level of these players listed is so, so similar. Hence, to me anyway, pick a name out of a hat time.

Reactions: Appleyard

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Hence, to me anyway, pick a name out of a hat time.

tenor.gif

tumblr_mbi8kkbWxU1re3xqwo1_500.gif

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Rubtsov has shown nothing. At this point he is barely a prospect. He's almost definitely a bust.

He is playing in the top six on a KHL team and shutting down the best players in the league every night. His D game is not an issue at all. He is a good PKer. Good on the boards. And has a lot of skill.

Will he ever be more than a bottom sixer? Probably not. Frustratingly so. He has the tools. But a very defensive mindset. He thinks defense 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

Ratcliffe was worse than him in the AHL last year. Put up less production, playing easier minutes, while being a worse defensive player at a less important position. And he cant PK well. And his IQ seems lacking. And he struggles with short area skating.

And he is only half year younger basically. And has LOTS of issues to figure out. Heck, he is less physical and worse on the boards than Rubtsov despite being a lot bigger... is half the defensive player, and has worse hands and vision.

If Rubtsov had been a 3rd or 4th rounder and was playing "fine/well" in the KHL like he is people would probably be higher on him.

If Rubtsov is barely a prospect what does that say about Ratcliffe right now? He needs improvements in a lot of areas of his game. Big year for him coming up. Because right now he is a sub-par AHLer who was outplayed by basically every other forward prospect last year including Pascal Laberge.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad