• Twarynski, Carson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Westfalt, Marcus

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
We'll see with JOB. This is a huge year for him. I'm just way more optimistic he can put it together, compared to Rubtsov.

I think JOB has a certain dynamic flavor and skill level Rubtsov doesn't approach.

I don't see the correlation here. Cates has been somewhat of a homerun pick. He's done everything you could possibly want out of a prospect. His progress has been clear and steady.
Fair points. The correlation I was making was just a projection of the value to the NHL club. They both project to be valuable depth pieces. I think I made the case in a previous one of these that I see Rubstov as like what Laughton was ideally going to become originally. 3C who can be relied on defensively with some skill that works well with good wingers.

There is no correlation to how they both reached that projection. Cates has been on a steady climb based on where he was drafted and Rubstov has floundered from the original expectations. To that degree I have no problem with Cates ahead based on that trajectory. Ultimately they're both valuable for their smarts and defensive play, decent size, and PK strength. I like the way Cates plays that role a little better so far, but I see Rubstov at C.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad