24. Lycksell, Olle - 47%
25. Twarynski, Carson - 58%

Prospect Info: - 2020-21 Flyers Prospects - Top 25 SKATERS, #24

Last edited:
Reactions: Beef Invictus

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
No clue on any of these guys but I thought Twarnyski looked alright in the scrimmage the other day.

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
Laberge is the most talented of the players, but I can't ever see him playing for the Flyers. Hasn't been the same since that injury.

Strome, I don't think his skating improved enough. I haven't seen a ton of him since his was drafted, but nothing I've seen tells me he'll be an NHL'er.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Twenty-five players, all with legitimate NHL shots.
We've declined in quality at the top of the list, but our depth is outstanding.

I am interested to see how Laberge does this year.

He was surprisingly solid in the AHL in 2019-20. Better than Ratcliffe for example... and a lot of the AHL vets. Dont expect him to be an actual NHLer at this point... but still hope he can carve out a good pro career.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Laberge should be past his injuries at this point, he wouldn't be the first player to get healthy and surprise.

Reactions: Appleyard

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Laberege wasn't even an impact player at the ECHL level. Shooting 20% in the AHL shouldn't change opinions. He likely doesn't get a QO after the season.

Reactions: landsbergfan

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Laberege wasn't even an impact player at the ECHL level. Shooting 20% in the AHL shouldn't change opinions. He likely doesn't get a QO after the season.

Not an NHL prospect but not just his shot %. Got a lot of scoring chances and high danger chances given number of games played. And not as bad a relative stats as several other Phantoms. He was decent.

I mean, I think he likely just ends up as a solid AHL middle sixer and if he is smart should probably go to say DEL or something next year... better money than an AHL deal if can have a decent AHL season and procure a spot on a team that he will get PP time, and a league like that might suit him and could springboard to SHL, NLA or KHL where the money is.

Reactions: Rebels57

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Didn't they sign him to an ELC immediately after he was drafted to help him and his family because of a series of tough health conditions? ... like multiple cases of cancer and tough breaks.
And then he got bumped in the head, likely multiple concussions. I wonder how much of his downslide can be attributed to his physical condition and how much is depression because so many bad things going on around him. I feel with this poor guy.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Didn't they sign him to an ELC immediately after he was drafted to help him and his family because of a series of tough health conditions? ... like multiple cases of cancer and tough breaks.
And then he got bumped in the head, likely multiple concussions. I wonder how much of his downslide can be attributed to his physical condition and how much is depression because so many bad things going on around him. I feel with this poor guy.

Yeah, that's why I wouldn't give up on him just yet.
It's not costing them anything to give him another season to turn it around, at worst, he'll be a solid AHL forward.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
It's four years now. It's not coming. If you wanna hope on a Victoriaville winger, it's Serdyuk and even he has faded quickly (unfortunately).

Not an NHL prospect but not just his shot %. Got a lot of scoring chances and high danger chances given number of games played. And not as bad a relative stats as several other Phantoms. He was decent.

I mean, I think he likely just ends up as a solid AHL middle sixer and if he is smart should probably go to say DEL or something next year... better money than an AHL deal if can have a decent AHL season and procure a spot on a team that he will get PP time, and a league like that might suit him and could springboard to SHL, NLA or KHL where the money is.

I'll take the under. He just coasts out there. Zero intensity off the puck. He'll flash the skill once in a while that made him a high pick, but pretty much makes no positive impact on the game outside of that. Agree about Europe. Could see him having success in a third tier or lower European league where the ice is bigger and he'll get room to create. He'll need to improve A LOT to get more than a cup of coffee in one of the top leagues as an import though. Again he was a 0.5 PPG guy in the ECHL as a second round pick.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I though Serdyuk's production was a mirage, nothing in his description sounds like a NHL player.
Same with McClennon, painfully small without Caufield or Brincat level skills has no place in the NHL.
Laberge at least has a PF body, but if he plays like Vorobyev (look ma, no hits), he'll end up in Europe.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
It's four years now. It's not coming. If you wanna hope on a Victoriaville winger, it's Serdyuk and even he has faded quickly (unfortunately).

I'll take the under. He just coasts out there. Zero intensity off the puck. He'll flash the skill once in a while that made him a high pick, but pretty much makes no positive impact on the game outside of that. Agree about Europe. Could see him having success in a third tier or lower European league where the ice is bigger and he'll get room to create. He'll need to improve A LOT to get more than a cup of coffee in one of the top leagues as an import though. Again he was a 0.5 PPG guy in the ECHL as a second round pick.

Might go the Gerry Fitzgerald route.

Get an Allsvenskan deal for 1 year. Best "show me" landing spot really. Some great little teams with passionate fanbases, and in a great country to live in. Plus deals are better financially than most 2nd tiers.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
1. Frost, Morgan - 80%
2. York, Cam - 71%
3. Zamula, Yegor - 48%
4. Brink, Bobby - 73%
5. Foerster, Tyson - 53%
6. Andrae, Emil - 40%
7. Laczynski, Tanner - 46%
8. Allison, Wade - 37%
9. Millman, Mason - 36%
10. Cates, Noah - 32%
11. Ratcliffe, Isaac - 22%
12. O'Brien' Jay - 52% RUNOFF
13. Hogberg, Linus - 32%
14. Rubtsov, German - 41%
15. Kase, David - 35%
16. Desnoyers, Elliot - 42%
17. Bunnaman, Connor - 43%
18. McClennon, Connor - 23%
19. Wylie, Wyatte - 43%
20. Wisdom, Zayde - 38%
21. Sushko, Maxim - 41%
22. Attard, Ronnie - 28%
23. St. Ivany, Jack - 37%
24. Lycksell, Olle - 47%
25. Twarynski, Carson - 58%

Prospect Info: - 2020-21 Flyers Prospects - Top 25 SKATERS, #24

only 2 months later, but how far you think wisdom has climbed with his start in the AHL?
loved that guy in the draft, he just felt like a player that was going to make it. anyone else
making big jump? also a big fan of ronnie attard, looks like another good pick.

Reactions: SanBlom

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
only 2 months later, but how far you think wisdom has climbed with his start in the AHL?
loved that guy in the draft, he just felt like a player that was going to make it. anyone else
making big jump? also a big fan of ronnie attard, looks like another good pick.

Aside from Wisdom and Attard, Desnoyers is primed to jump up in the rankings. Ratcliffe and Rubtsov biggest fallers.

David St Hubbins

Well, you're not as confused as he is.
Jan 24, 2016
Deskfront, facing WSW
Always wished that Ratliffe could be an echo of Leclaire. That may have been a stretch but there is no good reason Ruby turned to dust. He took a 3rd line floor and drive it though the ice, cleared the arena, passed the parking lot, and disrupted the continental plates on the way to surfacing in Siberia.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Aside from Wisdom and Attard, Desnoyers is primed to jump up in the rankings. Ratcliffe and Rubtsov biggest fallers.

how far up would you say wisdom has jumped? i saw some of him last week, it's crazy
how well he's adjusted to pro hockey so quickly.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Has Fletcher whiffed on any draft pick in the top #150 so far?
Even McClennon (#165) looks solid so far. And Brodznski ain't bad for #196.

Maybe it was the scouts, not Hextall, responsible for the good drafting since 2014, though he deserve the credit for putting that staff together. Fletcher/Flahr have been smart enough to follow the dictum: "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Fletcher certainly deserves credit for trading two 7th rd picks to target Wisdom and Desnoyers.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
I am guessing for the 2021-22 vote at least our top 5 is pretty much a lock to remain the same?

That's not depressing at all from either a prospect development standpoint or a 2021 draft standpoint.

Reactions: Pantokrator

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad