2020-21 Affiliates: [/End Springfield Thunderbirds, +Utica Comets] (AHL) & ECHL

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
I figured I'd go ahead and create this thread, now that the organization is in offseason mode. With the 2020-21 season we enter our new AHL affiliation with the Springfield Thunderbirds. We have yet to announce an ECHL affiliate but I'll update if/when we do.

slideshow-STL-e9ca519d71.JPG

Here's a link to the Thunderbirds roster page for an idea of who we have in the system for the AHL roster: Team | Springfield Thunderbirds

And of course the team's Twitter: https://twitter.com/thunderbirdsahl

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Currently the AHL has plans for a December start. This a predictable development if they can't play with fans since the AHL and other minor leagues rely heavily on ticket revenue.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
The blue in the logos almost match.
I think that illustrates just one way the Blues and Tbirds will be a great fit. Although there's a bit more distance to cover for call ups, their division also has many more close opponents and will mean more time for prospects on the ice rather than on the bus.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
This kind of got lost in the conversation of Pietrangelo and Krug today. But it looks like we found our veteran AHL Hofer backup/ in case Husso struggles goalie.

Reactions: Blueston

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
That’s been posted for months.

As of this moment, I’d guess their lineup would be something like this:

McKenzie-Anas-Poganski
Walker-de la Rose-Toropchenko
Stevens-Alexandrov-McGing
Polei/Joshua-Kaspick-Laferriere/Cameron

Mikkola-Perunovich
Walman-Santini
Tucker-Reinke
UFA

Gillies
Fitzpatrick/Hofer/UFA

Obviously the Blues offseason isn’t finished, but I’d expect them to sign a few more D for the AHL because one of Gunnar/Dunn will likely get traded. Wouldn’t be shocked to see one or two more forward signings either.

I also expect Kostin to have a solid camp and make the Blues over DLR.

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
If it's a regular spot in the lineup, Kostin would likely beat out DLR. But I'd wager the Blues would rather have DLR as the spare forward not playing than have Kostin in that role.

Oh 100% agreed. I wouldn’t want Kostin up if he wasn’t playing in at least 75% of the games. My ideal opening night fwd group as currently constructed would be

Sanford-O’Reilly-Perron
Schwartz-Schenn-Kyrou
Kostin-Thomas-Bozak
Blais-Barbashev-Sundqvist
Clifford, MacEachern

LTIR: Tarasenko, Steen

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
That’s been posted for months.

As of this moment, I’d guess their lineup would be something like this:

McKenzie-Anas-Poganski
Walker-de la Rose-Toropchenko
Stevens-Alexandrov-McGing
Polei/Joshua-Kaspick-Laferriere/Cameron

Mikkola-Perunovich
Walman-Santini
Tucker-Reinke
UFA

Gillies
Fitzpatrick/Hofer/UFA

Obviously the Blues offseason isn’t finished, but I’d expect them to sign a few more D for the AHL because one of Gunnar/Dunn will likely get traded. Wouldn’t be shocked to see one or two more forward signings either.

I also expect Kostin to have a solid camp and make the Blues over DLR.

De la Rose will definatly be the 13th/14th forward. I do expect the Blues to start Kostin in the AHL, but he will end up in the NHL later in the season. Same goes with Perunovich.

Walker - Anas - Kostin
McKenzie - Alexandrov - Poganski
McGing - Stevens - Laferriere
Polei - Kaspick - Toropchenko

Perunovich - Santini
Walman - Reinke
Tucker - AHL free agent

Hofer
Gillies

Cameron and Fitzpatrick to the ECHL.

Reactions: mk80

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I see DLR and Clifford as being the spare forwards. But I’ll be very disappointed if Kostin isn’t well ahead of both in the organizational depth chart.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
interesting roster...will be exciting to see so many of our draft picks in one spot. they need to add a few defensemen, with only 5 listed...but they've got good size and grit up front. wonder if the loans to the KHL of Kostin and Toropchenko end at the start of the AHL season or not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad