2020-21 Affiliates: [/End Springfield Thunderbirds, +Utica Comets] (AHL) & ECHL

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Another Comets season ticket holder. Can somebody inform me if you have any news on Scott Perunovich. He has been on every list I have seen prior to today. He is listed by EliteProspects as a Comet. The Comets released their camp roster today and Perunovich is not on it (See post #40 above). Is this an error by the Comets management team (wouldn't be the first) or has something happened. He is the player I have most looked forward to watching.

Somebody please lower my blood pressure, LOL

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Another Comets season ticket holder. Can somebody inform me if you have any news on Scott Perunovich. He has been on every list I have seen prior to today. He is listed by EliteProspects as a Comet. The Comets released their camp roster today and Perunovich is not on it (See post #40 above). Is this an error by the Comets management team (wouldn't be the first) or has something happened. He is the player I have most looked forward to watching.

Somebody please lower my blood pressure, LOL
He apparently is injured, although I've no clue what is wrong with him. Reportedly he will be joining Comets once healthy.

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
The Comets training camp roster.

Robby Jackson and Josh Wesley also on the roster. We signed both to AHL deals last year and after we lost the Rampage we will simply move them to Utica. Both mostly played in the ECHL last year. Robby Jackson has the skills to make the team, however, this Utica roster is quite 'LW-heavy', so he could go ECHL again? Josh Wesley is the son of Glen Wesley, who is a development coach with the Blues (which is probably the reason Josh has an AHL contract - he's a plug).

Reactions: Blueston

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I think in a normal year, we’d see Perunovich get a handful of NHL games at some point this season. I rather doubt that happens now, although I bet he is called up after the roster limits expire at the end of the season, like a Black Ace or taxi squad possibly. I think heavy AHL usage is the best thing for his development and that’s obvious to all interested parties. Won’t be surprised if he is in position to challenge for a roster spot out of camp next season.

Reactions: Vladys Gumption

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
I see nobody is seriously following the prospects. LOL
The team is 6-2-0-1. Hasn't played a game since March 10 due to COVID issues in AHL Rochester discovered after the M arch 10th game. 1 Comet tested positive a day or so later. Rochester, Syracuse and Utica play each other almost exclusively this season. Utica was to play each of them 14 times. Since Utica played Rochester on the 10th and Syracuse before Utica, the teams have been in limbo with the Comets postponing 5 games.

My reason for coming back to you is I have a question. Why is Polei playing for AHL Cleveland when all of the other AHL guys signed by St.Louis are in Utica with the exception of the couple European guys loaned to teams in their homeland? His stats look like he is a tough guy. Am I correct? What's the scoop?

Stupendous Yappi

Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
The team is 6-2-0-1. Hasn't played a game since March 10 due to COVID issues in AHL Rochester discovered after the M arch 10th game. 1 Comet tested positive a day or so later. Rochester, Syracuse and Utica play each other almost exclusively this season. Utica was to play each of them 14 times. Since Utica played Rochester on the 10th and Syracuse before Utica, the teams have been in limbo with the Comets postponing 5 games.

My reason for coming back to you is I have a question. Why is Polei playing for AHL Cleveland when all of the other AHL guys signed by St.Louis are in Utica with the exception of the couple European guys loaned to teams in their homeland? His stats look like he is a tough guy. Am I correct? What's the scoop?
I’ll be surprised if anyone here has the answer to your question. We don’t really have any Blues media reporting on the minor league prospects or what’s going on with the team since San Antonio ended. About the only thing I’ve seen is some interviews with KHL coaches on Klim Kostin.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX

My recollection is we had a set number of slots available for us in Utica and had to find space for other guys.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007

We seriously follow the prospects in the Blues Prospects 2020-2021 thread.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
My recollection is we had a set number of slots available for us in Utica and had to find space for other guys.

That makes sense, but with the number of injuries in both NHL cities the quotas were way too short. As it was St.Louis acquired many more vets top help out with the prospects than Vancouver. Vancouver acquired 0 AHL/NHL experienced players. They sent down Baertschi who would count as the only one. St. Louis went out and acquired Sam Anas, Jon Gillies, Steve Santini, and Curtis McKenzie.

The Comets have played 9 games and in the last 3 they played 1 with a total of 12 forwards and 2 with only 11 forwards. Have to believe the Canucks GM Jim Benning is responsible for the quota breakdowns between the 2 teams since the Comets are the Canucks farm and the Blues were accepted as co-sponsors of the Utica Comets.

Stupendous Yappi

Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Apparently the 14 day quarantine is being decreased to 7. I wonder if that might make it more realistic for some player movement between leagues.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad