Prospect Info: 2020/2021 World Juniors Tournament Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
As a Canadian, unfortunate loss for Canada. The US pretty much played a perfect game. Hats off to the US team!

Guhle with a big coverage mistake on Turcotte on the 1st goal, and puck luck (that Canada hasn't had at all in this game) for the 2nd. And that's all it took. Pretty much a perfect defensive performance by the States.

Furthermore, Zegras showed up, Cozens was pretty much invisible.

Also, don't know if anyone noticed, but what a smart play by Moynihan at the end of the game there with the empty net. Faked the clear and simply turned around and dumped it calmly on the boards to clear the zone and create the empty net chance. Great play. I've liked his defensive play in the tournament. Congrats to him!

Last edited:
Reactions: My3Sons and Guadana

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
I'm so glad I get to hate on Braden Schneider for a long time. f***ing tool of a player and a complete schmuck

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Congrats to the US on the win, perfectly played game. Canada's stars didn't show up to this one, barely did anything all game.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Also, real proud of Mercer. One hell of a tourny. Thankfully, our other prospects also performed well. We'll get to see some, if not most, of them back next year I suppose.

Reactions: Guadana

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Also, real proud of Mercer. One hell of a tourny. Thankfully, our other prospects also performed well. We'll get to see some, if not most, of them back next year I suppose.
I thought he had a pretty strong game, contributed to some of Canada's best chances. Despite generating good chances, I don't think he touched the ice in the last 4 minutes.

Reactions: Devs3cups

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
As a Canadian, unfortunate loss for Canada. the US pretty much played a perfect game. Hats off the the US team!

Guhle with a big coverage mistake on Turcotte on the 1st goal, and puck luck (that Canada hasn't had at all in this game) for the 2nd. And that's all it took. Pretty much a perfect defensive performance by the States.

Furthermore, Zegras showed up, Cozens was pretty much invisible.

Also, don't know if anyone noticed, but what a smart play by Moynihan at the end of the game there with the empty net. Faked the clear and simply turned around and dumped it calmly on the boards to clear the zone and create the empty net chance. Great play. I've liked his defensive play in the tournament. Congrats to him!
I wouldn't say perfect, but that backcheck, dayam.

Reactions: Devs3cups

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
I thought he had a pretty strong game, contributed to some of Canada's best chances. Despite generating good chances, I don't think he touched the ice in the last 4 minutes.

Indeed, he's weirdly had a weird treatment all tournament, even though he was one of Canada's most efficient players.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
I watched on Russian iptv. True to Russia, they cut out before the medal ceremony. Who got tourney mvp honors?

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Even though they won, Caufield was pretty invisible. He’ll be pretty dependent on how good his center is in the NHL.

As are most « pure shooters ». He's also really really small. He has a lot of skill though.

Also, for laughs and giggles I always go to see his stats playing with Hughes as his center 2 years ago in the USNDP: 72 goals and Hughes 78 assists lol

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
He was one of their best forwards all tournament in less TOI than most of their "top guns" if I recall correctly.

Reactions: Blender

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
Even though they won, Caufield was pretty invisible. He’ll be pretty dependent on how good his center is in the NHL.
I think you are mistaking Caufield with Kailyev. If the analogy is that the snipers need a good center to be effective in the NHL than we should be nervous about Holtz shouldnt we...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad