2020-2021 Roster Discussion -STAY ON TOPIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
If Hall is true to his words that he prefers to play for a contender (sacrificing a mill or two a season)... then Bruins have a shot.

I doubt that the Bruins could then resign/keep Debrusk. In this case, I'm hoping Bruins could entertain a trade idea with Oilers for Nurse. Debrusk and Vaaka for Nurse for example

Marchand Bergeron Pasta
Hall Krejci Kase
Bjork Coyle Stud
Frederic Kuraly Senyshyn
Kuhlman

Nurse McAvoy
Grz Carlo
Clifton Lauzon

Rask ??
Halak
Where there's a will there's a way. Question is, does Sweeney have the will?

remer

Oct 18, 2005
The Bruins definitely have gaps. They are going to need another top Centerman. Is that going to be Studnicka ? If so perhaps he needs to take on one of the lines. Maybe it’s time to move Krejci. It might be why he was so sad at the interview knowing is time is up. Perhaps Coyle is the second line Center.
Marchand Bergeron Pasta
DeBrusk Coyle Kase
Bjork Studnicka Senyshen
Ritchie Kuraly Wagner
Frederik, Kuhlman Lindholm
Trade Krejci for a top LD That can quarterback the power play.
Chara third pairing
Defence needs to get bigger.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Seen some great posts in regards to what I think happens but I am bored at work so here is what I think next year's lineup looks like.

Marchy - Bergy - Pasta - I would honestly like to split Pasta off this line. 5v5 We need more balanced scoring and this trio is deadly but mostly on PP.
- This is really my conundrum. I love the rest of our lineup but this line is very tough to figure out. We need improvement but not sure what can be done.
Bjork - Coyle - Studs - Line was pretty damn good against probable stanley cup winning team with no real practice time. Stick them together for all of next year and I think we got a gem.
Wagner - Kuraly - Kulhman - Think people harp on Kulhman too much. Probably cause Bruce put him higher in lineup than he should be so fans expect more. He is a solid 3rd/4th liner.

Gryz - McAvoy - Think it will be a good pairing. Makes it so McAvoy doesn't have to make up for Chara's lack of speed constantly. Can lay out someone and know Gryz has the skating to back him up.
Chara - Carlo - Twin towers. I would prefer Chara retires but the guy is a legend and does a lot of things still very well.
Clifton - Lauzon - Two younger guys who play fierce. Could develop some nice swagger.
Vaak/Zboril - given shots through out season due to injury etc.

Rask
Halak

So really DeBrusk, Kase, Ritchie, Krejci, is where Don needs to do some work. We need a reliable second line. Not blaming Krejci but it's been the biggest problem we have had since our 11' core. Give Krejci two reliable 5v5 scoring wingers and I think we compete for the cup again next year. Everyone needs to remember this team is very good even if every skater returns. Covid killed our chances. Just the way it goes. But for next season my biggest priority would be rebuilding the second line.
In complete la la land this is what I would like to see them do:

Marchand -Bergeron-Unicorn
Unicorn-Krejci-Pastrnak
Debrusk-Coyle-Studnicka
Wagner-Kuraly-Fredrick/Seny/vet guy with anger issues

Guy who can clear net/McAvoy
Grizz/Carlo
Chara/Vaak-Lauzon/Clifton

The unicorns being guys who can play in the centre of the offensive zone and can take care of themselves and their opponents along the boards. This teams top two lines need some help making opposing defenders and goaltenders mildly uncomfortable physically.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
The Bruins definitely have gaps. They are going to need another top Centerman. Is that going to be Studnicka ? If so perhaps he needs to take on one of the lines. Maybe it’s time to move Krejci. It might be why he was so sad at the interview knowing is time is up. Perhaps Coyle is the second line Center.
Marchand Bergeron Pasta
DeBrusk Coyle Kase
Bjork Studnicka Senyshen
Ritchie Kuraly Wagner
Frederik, Kuhlman Lindholm
Trade Krejci for a top LD That can quarterback the power play.
Chara third pairing
Defence needs to get bigger.

I kindly disagree remer

I hope we never see any of the Ritchie brothers in a Bruins uniform again
Unlikely Krejci is going anywhere. He has a NMC anyways. Just ride out his expiring contract
I think its time to trade a guy like Wagner. He is on a good deal. Good 4th line player that likes to hit. But provides little to nothing offensively. Not much of a threat in front of the net due to smaller size

I keep recycling this idea, but would like to see Frederic Kuraly Senyshyn as the 4th line next season

Could be a load to handle for opponents. Size/skating plus more scoring potential

JerseyBruin

May 29, 2019
I kindly disagree remer

Unlikely Krejci is going anywhere. He has a NMC anyways. Just ride out his expiring contract
I think its time to trade a guy like Wagner. He is on a good deal. Good 4th line player that likes to hit. But provides little to nothing offensively. Not much of a threat in front of the net due to smaller size

I keep recycling this idea, but would like to see Frederic Kuraly Senyshyn as the 4th line next season

Could be a load to handle for opponents. Size/skating plus more scoring potential

I think Krejci's NTC is limited to 10-12 teams he would agree to.

Reactions: Gordoff

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I think Krejci's NTC is limited to 10-12 teams he would agree to.

thanks. Yeah thats what I thought. But someone else stated he has a NMC

all in all not sure what is going to happen with that

For example Krejci/agent want to discuss about an extension. With Sweeney unsure/not willing to pay the price. That could spurn a request for trade

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
I kindly disagree remer

Actually, Krejci can be traded. He has a NTC rather than a NMC which is modified to fifteen teams.

Agree he is unlikely to be moved mostly because of his $7 m contract.

It seems that Sweeney and Bruce like Wagner, re-upping and extending his contract. I don’t think he would bring back much in a trade; maybe a third rounder.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
I
I hear you ND. Here are my concerns.

Rask ? what to do? ....if you dont have a bonafide number 1 anything else could be wheel spinning and time to look at things overall.

Krug? ..again what to do? .... sure he has his warts...but I dont want another decade of looking for a PMD.

Home town discount?...This isnt Hall's hometown and his agent will surely attempt to do his job, get Hall the biggest contract he can get.

Next, if Hall is seeking a winner in the next couple of years ...see Rask & Krug. As well as a roster of to me a lot of JAGs.

Lastly and maybe the one I'm most curious about is will the Bruins elect to spend to the maximum?
Delaware North has already lost nearly a year of income from all their arenas, amusement parks, movie theaters and airports.
Huge numbers.
If they are to also lose out into 2021 for however long how much do the expense/be willing to spend on the roster?

So, to me theres a lot of money riding on some big decisions.

Ooops - I completely misinterpreted your post. I thought what you were saying is for a player, a free agency decision only comes down to money. I should have known better, my apologies. Long week.

BradMarchandismydad

Nov 22, 2016
Boston
Krejci already stated that if he's not playing for the Bruins that he's returning to Czechia.

In regards to Dube, I'll pass. Kid can skate, but he's a liability. I watched him go -2 in a period vs. Dallas, both times he flubbed the puck leading to a breakaway and a 2 on 1. One of which was a short handed goal.

I'd rather have McAvoy and Krej QBing.

In regards to defense, I say we let the kids run with it this year and get some minutes. If we're really hurting come deadline, trade for a LD. Vaak, Lauzon, Zboril, and others are ready for try outs. Sign Chara for cheap and have him be 6th/7th. I can't think of a better defensive mentor both for his ex PP prowess and era of defensive dominance.

Number one issue absolutely has to be 2nd line wingers, and it can't be put off anymore. We're a joke around the league for being a one line team and it showed vs Tampa. Get Krejci some real freakin talent on his RW, none of this maybe he'll start playing good eventually if he takes less elbows to his dome, no more rotation of lumbering slow power forwards who wish they had half of the talent of peak Lucic.

Dish whatever you need to for a bonafide talent at wing, and it'll improve the depth chart in turn.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I'd like to see Pasta with Krejci on a more consistent basis.

That said, I was fairly happy with Kase. He didn't finish they way we'd like, but it's a small sample size. He created some chances and he got some, and he had the legs moving more games than a lot of players, namely his opposite wing. I'm not convinced he couldn't be a solid RW with Bergy/Marchand.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey

That said, I was fairly happy with Kase. He didn't finish they way we'd like, but it's a small sample size. He created some chances and he got some, and he had the legs moving more games than a lot of players, namely his opposite wing. I'm not convinced he couldn't be a solid RW with Bergy/Marchand.

Sign Dadanov for 2LW to play with Krejci and Kase. Move DeBrusk to third line with Coyle/Bjork.

Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
Dadanov - Krejci - Kase
DeBrusk - Coyle - Bjork

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006

They don’t mesh.

Reactions: JerseyBruin

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
2nd line:
? - Krejci - ?

3rd line:
DeBrusk - Coyle - Kase

4th line:
Nordstrom - Kuraly - ?

Wagner is too vanilla for me. He hustles but he hits like Shawn Thornton (not really effective).
Studnicka & Bjork? Both were just “okay”. I’d try to package one of them up with a draft pick for an upgrade at LW or left side defense. Losing Krug will hurt, but mostly the PP. I’m confident between Krejci Gryzlek & McAvoy the PP will operate with decent success. I’d go all in for a crack at the Cup in 20/21

Reactions: bbfan419

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I’d seriously consider Phil Kessel. 1 year left on his deal in Arizona. He’s had chemistry with Krejci in the past. Cap hit 6.8m (maybe Arizona can retain?).

DeBrusk Krejci Kessel

After the season, Krejci, Rask, Kessel, Chara off the books.
Some talent available via UFA 2022.

Nugent-Hopkins
Laine (RFA I think)
Saad
Stepan
Landeskog
Palmieri
Brodin
Gallagher

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
1st line should be etched in stone
Marshy-Bergy-Pasta

This is the 4th line I'd like to see
Kuraly-Frederic-Senyshyn

3rd line should be
Bjork-Coyle-Studnicka

2nd line needs to be reinvented
XXXX-Krejci-XXXXX

XXXXX-McAvoy
Chara-Carlo
Gryzz-Lauzon
Clifton

1. Krug walks
2. Moore traded for a 5th rounder
3. Debrusk, Wagner and Zboril for Nurse
4. Sign Taylor Hall
5. Kase +Ritchie for Anderson

Marshy-Bergy-Pasta
Hall-Krejci-Anderson
Bjork-Coyle-Studnicka
Kuraly-Frederic-Senyshyn
Lindholm/Blidh

Nurse-McAvoy
Chara-Carlo
Gryz/Vaak-Clifton/Lauzon

Rask
Halak

That's a cup worthy team! Size, speed, skill, toughness

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
would we have any support here for signing justin schultz if he is going to be 3 mill or less on a short term deal?

i honestly feel hes a better puck mover/rusher than torey krug... he is a right hand shot. could pairing him with chara give us a third pair that would be imo the best 3rd pair in the nhl?

rask goes... krug goes... got to find a way to trade krejci sadly... got to move moore... thats around 22 mill cap space
trade debrusk/lauzon for darnell nurse... convince taylor hall to sign... nurse/hall will cost us around 16 mill
got to sign grze... find ourselves a goalie... and possibly a center if we arent ready to play studnicka... and in very rough numbers have about 8 mill to get that done

our defense
nurse/mcavoy
grzelyck/carlo
chara/schultz
clifton

we can start testing mcavoy and see if hes a legit nhl star quality pp guy... also give grze more pp time... dealing lauzon would suck but vaakainen is the long term heir apparant to join nurse/grzelyck to round out the left side the next handful of years {also i want to see zboril play some before we just loose him on waivers too} Nurse isnt an elite puck mover/offense guy but if hes 3rd/4th on your team you will be in good shape.

up front we will have 2 elite lines after we make the deal for hall

hall/coyle/pastrnak {hall is an elite player... hes a recent hart trophy guy and he has played without a linemate of pastrnak's caliber his entire career}

marchand/bergeron/bjork {take the pressure off these guys to be the only offense... their defense will get back to where it was... easier checking to play against too... maybe you put studnicka with them for a year just to get the rub?}

ritchie/studnicka/kase {our 3rd/4th lines will prob flip-flop... give these guys time and they should start to produce some offense. if we need to find a center we have assets we can trade for one}

federic/kuraly/wagner {if federic isnt able to hold the job then we got lindholm we can slide in.. senyshyn is out of waiver options so i hope he makes the team... kuhlman will eventually be a 4th liner at some time in the near future imho... and theres a couple other providence kids that can play here... anton blidh... maybe lauko or steen can get a cup of coffee if we run into the need.}

adding nurse/hall/and then schultz to address the mobility/pp situation is doable if we have the cap room and we do. i say make it so

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
After today's comments, a bit of revision.

1] Z wants to stay, so (for me), Hooray!

2] It appears Torey's time in Boston is up. He's been leaving money on the table from the beginning. He deserves a big payday, and he's going to get it. But not in Boston. Farewell to a prototypical Bruin.

3] The B's should attempt to land an Alex Pietrangelo or top D via trade. That may not be possible, but please, don't go for a lukewarm, non-impact player. Boston doesn't need another John Moore.

All the rest of my blather stands (at least to me!).

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Or keep Rask

BTW, Halek (and I guess Sweeney) seemed to affirm that Rask will be back next season, which is great news. However polarizing he's been, Tuukka is still an elite goaltender the Bruins desperately need. They have very little in the cupboard, and would be unlikely to find it through trade.

Two more years of excellent goaltending can keep the B's in the playoffs, instead of falling off a cliff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad