2) Jeremy Swayman (36.6%)
3) Urho Vaakanainen (40.4%)
4) John Beecher (45.2%)
5) Jakub Zboril (42.9%)

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Frederic for me on this one (had him at #5 actually). The next 3 will be interesting as I have (in no order) Lauko, Vladar & Achan as the next 3.

Reactions: Dr Hook

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
Frederic rounds out the second tier of prospects here (Studnicka is the first tier).

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Im probably going to go Achan, Vladar and Lauko.

I was thinking Vladar as well as he seems like on the group of likely next men up and for me, ranking a prospect has to include how close they are to the NHL. I know some like to think of it as pure potential and that's cool too., I get it completely. I am almost feeling Wolff and Hughes in my top ten because of their ages and experience also.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Lauko to me is the most exciting of the remaining prospects, great speed and goes to the net hard. Frederic I think is going to be a 4th line tough guy with maybe a bit of offense, Lauko is the much better prospect.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Im probably going to go Achan, Vladar and Lauko.

Achan is a tough one for me. Vladar looks like he could be a solid NHL goalie. Maybe not a true #1 work horse, but I think more teams are going to a closer split. Lauko is my under tne radar guy and has been one of my favorite 3 prospects since last year.

Vladar has proven the most in pro hockey
Luako has the higher ceiling (imo)
Achan has the higher floor.

Its a tough call between the 3 and I could make an argument for all 3 lol

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Was a tough pick for me between Frederic and Lauko. Frederic closer to nhl and higher floor, but I felt like Lauko has the better chance of becoming a top 6 forward. Something I don’t see in Frederics future. Had to weight ceiling vs floor here. Gave Lauko the nod.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

Deuce17

Mar 2, 2019
Suffield, CT
Ahcan seems to have a lot of intangibles to go along with his talent potential. Lauko may be more of an unscratched lotto ticket in that he can be a 25 goal a year 2LW or a highly skilled career AHL’er whose game never quite matured.

Maybe I’m way off based but Vladar wouldn’t even be in my top 20. Imo he’s clearly our 3rd best tendy prospect and I’d be shocked if he somehow turned into a serviceable NHL backup

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Ahcan seems to have a lot of intangibles to go along with his talent potential. Lauko may be more of an unscratched lotto ticket in that he can be a 25 goal a year 2LW or a highly skilled career AHL’er whose game never quite matured.

Maybe I’m way off based but Vladar wouldn’t even be in my top 20. Imo he’s clearly our 3rd best tendy prospect and I’d be shocked if he somehow turned into a serviceable NHL backup

A lot depends on how you grade out prospects. Some put more value in NHL readiness, which Vladar has over Swayman/Keyser. Some value upside, or floor. I will say though no matter how someone looks at it, I don't see how Vladar isn't in anyone's top 20 prospects for the Bruins. He was one of the best goalies in the AHL last year and he's only 2 years older than Swayman/Keyser.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
A lot depends on how you grade out prospects. Some put more value in NHL readiness, which Vladar has over Swayman/Keyser. Some value upside, or floor. I will say though no matter how someone looks at it, I don't see how Vladar isn't in anyone's top 20 prospects for the Bruins. He was one of the best goalies in the AHL last year and he's only 2 years older than Swayman/Keyser.
The problem is, Swayman had almost 30% more work each of the last three seasons. In Hockey East.

Vladar needs to show last season was not an aberration and is, in fact, his true talent level.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Do folks think Lauko has the hockey sense to play in the top 6 really? I guess DeBrusk pulls it off, although DeBrusk has more skills.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Do folks think Lauko has the hockey sense to play in the top 6 really? I guess DeBrusk pulls it off, although DeBrusk has more skills.
At this point not enough data to make a judgment either way,kid barely played last season

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Well he (Vlader) did lead the AHL in SP% and GAA last year. To put that into perspective, the guy being hailed as the next great Ranger goaltender and their starter moving forward (Shesterkin) was 2nd in both categories.

While I'm not ready to anoint Vlader as the future of Boston Bruins goaltending, if he is like you say "clearly" the 3rd best goaltending prospect in the Bruins organization than they are in great shape at that position.

Oh my pick for this poll is Vlader. If anything I think he's a bit underrated around here.

Reactions: Saxon Eric

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
The problem is, Swayman had almost 30% more work each of the last three seasons. In Hockey East.

Vladar needs to show last season was not an aberration and is, in fact, his true talent level.

While true, the AHL is a much tougher league where the talent is a lot better top to bottom. Valadar also has what 4yr in pro hockey? Thats a huge benefit. He's 2yr older than Swayman but has 4yrs of pro level development time. Not many 19yr olds are playing pro hockey. Most would have been in juniors/NCAA till 20-21yr old then getting their first taste.

Don't get me wrong, Swayman is the better prospect and I've been on the Swayman train since we drafted him. Vladar is no slouch though, he spent his first few years in the pros while many developments are playing lower levels.

Reactions: Saxon Eric

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
While true, the AHL is a much tougher league where the talent is a lot better top to bottom. Valadar also has what 4yr in pro hockey? Thats a huge benefit. He's 2yr older than Swayman but has 4yrs of pro level development time. Not many 19yr olds are playing pro hockey. Most would have been in juniors/NCAA till 20-21yr old then getting their first taste.

Don't get me wrong, Swayman is the better prospect and I've been on the Swayman train since we drafted him. Vladar is no slouch though, he spent his first few years in the pros while many developments are playing lower levels.
Oh, sure. I was just using Swayman as an example of a guy with a short(ish) season workload who still played more than 25 games.

I think the big thing with Vladar is that we really don't have a good snapshot of what he actually is, mostly due to low workload and inconsistent results. Do those 25 games last season indicate a leap towards consistently good goaltending? We all certainly hope so, and it's nothing if not a step in the right direction.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad