Value of: 2019 UFA Forward Class

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
Just wondering what kind of contracts you expect these guys to command this summer.

eDOFfWj.png

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
Panarin 7x11M
Duchene 7x8.5M
Pavelski 5x7.5M
Skinner 7x8M
Nyquist 5x5.75M
Dzingel 5x5.5M
Hayes 6x6M
Nelson 6x5.5M
Williams 2x3.5M
Lee 6x6M
Thornton 1x4M
Connoly 3x3.5M
Zuccarello 4x6M
Ferland 5x5M

Reactions: ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
I just did it crazy how many 26 and 27 year olds their are. They have multiple prime years remaining. They will get PAID.

Domenic Pazzia

Mar 30, 2019
A lot of talent there. Would love to see the Bruins grab Panarin or Skinner to play with DeBrusk and Krejci but financially it doesn't make sense

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Power forward Anders Lee wants 7/8 yrs on his new deal. Lou wants fewer.

7-8 is a lot of term for a physical player, taking a beating in front of the net.
Which teams would give Lee 7 yrs this July?

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
This summer is going to have the most mistakes in it yet as players in the past who were bad, now with some decent one the money handed out is going to be frankly ridiculous

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I'm curious what posters here think Hayes would get. Hawks, the team that got screwed by him running off to free agency after his College years were finished, are somehow linked to this kid.

Buccigross tweeted a post about him on April 1st saying that he'd be a future Hawks center, which most of us just laughed off as a somewhat cruel April Fools joke. But the Hawks official podcast tweeted out a picture of Hayes (with no Hawk in sight in the image, nor any other player easily visible) with a quote "this is probably the first time ever we've had this much money to spend" from Stan Bowman right next to the photo of Hayes.

Anything under $7m per and 6 years seems reasonable, no?

Edit: Does seem the podcast tweet was referencing Buccigross' tweet, so it's more that someone who does the official Hawks podcast putting weight on what Buccigross' wrote, and not an additional source suggesting he's coming here.

Last edited:

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
I think a few of these guys will be overlove by 500k-1.5M and I hope Calgary stays away

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I think Montreal does. We need a power forward who can score
I love his leadership .Everything I am reading about how he deals with teammates.
Gotta say though,7- 8 yrs is too many for me when you consider what a physical game he plays,taking a beating in front of the net.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
I love his leadership .Everything I am reading about how he deals with teammates.
Gotta say though,7- 8 yrs is too many for me when you consider what a physical game he plays,taking a beating in front of the net.

not saying it is the best plan, im just saying i can see them doing it and i wouldn't be upset either. You cant give 8. 7 is the max for every team but the isles

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I just did it crazy how many 26 and 27 year olds their are. They have multiple prime years remaining. They will get PAID.
Some are 26 as of the current date. Will be 27 when the season starts. No differnce to me if a guy is born in feb or August when they are in their late 20’s.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I'm curious what posters here think Hayes would get. Hawks, the team that got screwed by him running off to free agency after his College years were finished, are somehow linked to this kid.

Buccigross tweeted a post about him on April 1st saying that he'd be a future Hawks center, which most of us just laughed off as a somewhat cruel April Fools joke. But the Hawks official podcast tweeted out a picture of Hayes (with no Hawk in sight in the image, nor any other player easily visible) with a quote "this is probably the first time ever we've had this much money to spend" from Stan Bowman right next to the photo of Hayes.

Anything under $7m per and 6 years seems reasonable, no?

Edit: Does seem the podcast tweet was referencing Buccigross' tweet, so it's more that someone who does the official Hawks podcast putting weight on what Buccigross' wrote, and not an additional source suggesting he's coming here.
Hawks have to prepare for the DCat and Strome extensions which would kick in the following year. If they repeat this year’s performance it will cost them $15 million plus.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Hawks have to prepare for the DCat and Strome extensions which would kick in the following year. If they repeat this year’s performance it will cost them $15 million plus.
We'll have Crow's cap hit coming off the books and can easily trade a Murphy or Saad (also could trade AA, but that'd be harder).

Though with Hawks getting 3rd overall, could see them taking a center (hello Mr. Turcotte!) and that would have an effect on us signing Hayes.

Still, we have the room and with Bowman getting his top 3 pick, management will look to start a quick turnaround, which would require spending some of the cap space we have available.

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
If he makes it to UFA, I would love for the NYI to offer Jeff Skinner a big contract. NYI needs a goal scorer desperately and SE NY isn't that far away from Toronto if that's important to Jeff.

7 years x 8-9M per

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
I think the Leafs would look at Tanev, Maroon and Wilson off that list to play on their 4th line for cheap. May have to wait past July 1st to see who misses out on day #1 and offer them a lighter deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad