2019 Traverse City Prospect Tournament (Sept. 6-10)

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
What are the other prospect tournaments this year?

When do they start?

Thanks

This is the only real tournament. These are the other events:

Anaheim Rookie Faceoff – Anaheim, Arizona, Colorado, Los Angeles, San Jose, Vegas
Belleville Rookie Showcase – Montreal, Ottawa, Winnipeg
Buffalo Prospects Challenge – Boston, Buffalo, New Jersey, Pittsburgh
Nashville Prospects Showcase – Carolina, Nashville, Tampa Bay, Washington
Traverse City Prospects Tournament – Chicago, Columbus, Dallas, Detroit, Minnesota, NY Rangers, St. Louis, Toronto
Young Guns Battle of Alberta (Red Deer, AB) – Calgary, Edmonton

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
This is the only real tournament. These are the other events:

Anaheim Rookie Faceoff – Anaheim, Arizona, Colorado, Los Angeles, San Jose, Vegas (9/7 - 9/10)
Belleville Rookie Showcase – Montreal, Ottawa, Winnipeg (9/6 - 9/9)
Buffalo Prospects Challenge – Boston, Buffalo, New Jersey, Pittsburgh (9/6 - 9/9)
Nashville Prospects Showcase – Carolina, Nashville, Tampa Bay, Washington (9/7 - 9/10)
Traverse City Prospects Tournament – Chicago, Columbus, Dallas, Detroit, Minnesota, NY Rangers, St. Louis, Toronto (9/6 - 9/10)
Young Guns Battle of Alberta (Red Deer, AB) – Calgary, Edmonton (9/7)

Just added the dates of these events. Please let me know if I made a mistake anywhere.

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
That NYR team should have to walk home if they don't win this. Best forward (maybe the 2 best forwards), best/most NHL ready defender, best goalie.

Hey hockey games are back!

BPD

Jul 7, 2009
New York City
That NYR team should have to walk home if they don't win this. Best forward (maybe the 2 best forwards), best/most NHL ready defender, best goalie.

Should be REALLY interesting to see if we get a Kakko-Henriksson-Kravtsov line at some point.

Their prospect center depth is either all in the NHL, in the NCAA, or named Karl Henriksson; if there's a weak spot, it's there.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
That's a pretty solid roster

The high end of that roster can compete with anyone. Zadina Veleno Hirose on a line with Seider and Lindstrom ( too bad McIsaac is hurt) could even give the rangers top line a good go I think. I would bet on the rangers but any given night that line could win the match up. Where Detroit will hirt is the depth. A lot of free agent invites filling out the roster

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
Not even a fan of the team, but I think that Klim's going to have a big tournament and hopefully a big year. I saw him and he's looking HUGE. He looked decent at the prospect camp, but not as big, though I only saw on ice. I know everyone's talking Kyrou as a possible player this year for the Blues, but Kostin is an absolute animal. If he added it the right way, he's going to be a force.

If you look, I was touting Hintz before, at, and after this tournament last year.

Wouldn't be surprised if Kostin has a big tournament and he carries it through he has a similar trajectory. Maybe he doesn't start, but he finishes the year.

Reactions: TheGoldenGod

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
Not even a fan of the team, but I think that Klim's going to have a big tournament and hopefully a big year. I saw him and he's looking HUGE. He looked decent at the prospect camp, but not as big, though I only saw on ice. I know everyone's talking Kyrou as a possible player this year for the Blues, but Kostin is an absolute animal. If he added it the right way, he's going to be a force.

If you look, I was touting Hintz before, at, and after this tournament last year.

Wouldn't be surprised if Kostin has a big tournament and he carries it through he has a similar trajectory. Maybe he doesn't start, but he finishes the year.
I'm with ya.

For people who don't know, Klim's the definition of a man-child. To me, his physical build is similar to a young Tom Wilson. Powerful player who's not shy when it comes to using his weight or even dropping the gloves. The skill/talent/physical tools are there, but his consistency and play away from the puck still need work. He's spent the last 2 seasons adjusting to the new life and playing style in North America, but I still think patience is key with this kid. It's pretty crazy to think that he just turned 20. He also got hurt and missed a year of development before coming to the States so that's something to keep in mind as well. He has yet to play an NHL game, but I do agree we'll see him at some point this season. If he's able to settle into a role and figure out how to play within a system, he'll be a very effective player for them. He has the physicality and skating ability that St Louis likes to go along with that skill.

Last edited:

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Reactions: Dempsey

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011

Well, not anymore. At least for 1 game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad