2019 Trade Deadline Rumors, Speculation, and Minor Trades Thread

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
So how late after 4 do trades get announced/processed? It's been a few years since my team was involved in a big deadline trade :P

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Hard to believe Cashman will strike out. Something will happen.

It's not...he's stubborn. Great GM but the fatal flaw is his absolute refusal to go a cent above market value. Even Sandy Alderson for all the nonsense that happened here did so in 2015 when the time came. For all the good he's done for the Yankees they have one WS since 2000, nearly two decades and the teams that won before he just inherited.

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
Matthew Boyd to me is someone that a team looking for quality pitcher should go after

Finally seems to have put it all together and will be under team control for years. Tigers have very little talent on roster and wont be contending anytime soon so for them cashing out on Boyd would be smart while he would provide good middle of rotation stability to team going forward

Boyd is someone I would target as a White Sox fan to bring stability and veteran presence to a pitching staff filled with youth going forward and guys who cant be relied on because of health (Mr Rodon)
Boyd has been improving since last summer, therefore I believe in him as well. Since he is rather old and will not be a free agent before fall 2022, I would guess a contender could sign him to a relatively affordable contract as well (similar to Merrifield's perhaps).

However, I don't see the Tigers and the White Sox being good trade partners on this, apart from being division rivals. Chicago might be ahead with their rebuild, but since Detroit's main prospects all gather in AA and AAA at the moment, the Tigers will likely try and begin their own phase of contention in 2021 (with "only" Cabrera's salary as dead money in the books).

Gruß,
BSHH

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
One of the main reasons the Mets were thought to definitely Wheeler is that he is due for a 18M QO.
Cant see the Wilpons doing that. Even if they traded him you have
Degrom, Thor, Stroman and Matz 1-4. That is pretty good. If the Mets were really going for it why didn’t they upgrade that stank ass bullpen

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
One of the main reasons the Mets were thought to definitely Wheeler is that he is due for a 18M QO.
Cant see the Wilpons doing that. Even if they traded him you have
Degrom, Thor, Stroman and Matz 1-4. That is pretty good. If the Mets were really going for it why didn’t they upgrade that stank ass bullpen

The sad part is I could not only see them doing the QO but him taking it, and it being an excuse not to spend next offseason. Or to do another hilariously stupid Cano-like trade where you kick the bill down the road by giving up a Familia-type contract for an even stupider one like Joey Votto or Pujols.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad