• Antoine Morand

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Josh Mahura

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Vote for who you think the best prospect is (using your own criteria of what you think makes someone the best prospect, eligibility is the hockeysfuture criteria). Polls will be up 48 hours, if they are close enough I'll make a tiebreaker poll.

Results so far:
1. Zegras (not ranked)
2. Steel (-1)
3. Terry (-1)
4. Comtois (+2)

Last years results
2017 results

Voted Lundestrom. If this one isn't close which I expect it won't be I will probably only leave it going for a day.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
This one won’t be close. The top 5 are easily definable. Number 6 should be interesting. Despite his struggles last year, probably going to go with Mahura due to upside.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
Lundestrom. He's going to be a solid player and has that intangibles thing going for him.

DigiDuck

More covfefe please.
Jan 11, 2019
Burbank
Lundy finally.

The next few should be good. When's the last time a Dman wasn't voted in the top 5? I'm stoked about our future forwards!

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Going with Lundestrom here only because I think he has a higher upside than Jones, even though Jones is more capable of playing in the NHL next year as an energy bottom 6 guy. While I think Lundestrom is going to need to be in a top 6/9 role to really succeed.

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
Going with Lundestrom here only because I think he has a higher upside than Jones, even though Jones is more capable of playing in the NHL next year as an energy bottom 6 guy. While I think Lundestrom is going to need to be in a top 6/9 role to really succeed.
Lundestrom was very capable last year as a fourth-line forward. He could be a good fourth line center again next year, except that's probably going to be very bad for his development. He's good enough defensively that I can say this with confidence.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
In reading the comments where posters are talking about the next tier of guys I think Mahura is getting slept on quite a bit. He was overwhelmed at the NHL level last season but had a great junior career and until the playoffs where I believe he was playing hurt he had a decent AHL year. If you compare his career trajectory to Guhle who come up through the same league as him - Mahura had a significantly better junior career, had almost identical per game numbers in his first AHL season and NHL stint as Guhle.

Obviously they’re different players - Guhle has much better skating ability and more size but Mahura is more cerebral, has a better first odd and offensive hockey IQ. I don’t see much that separates them although I probably prefer Guhle slightly because I think his size is going to be more of a benefit at the next level and gives him a slightly higher floor.

Reactions: Goose of Reason

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
In reading the comments where posters are talking about the next tier of guys I think Mahura is getting slept on quite a bit. He was overwhelmed at the NHL level last season but had a great junior career and until the playoffs where I believe he was playing hurt he had a decent AHL year. If you compare his career trajectory to Guhle who come up through the same league as him - Mahura had a significantly better junior career, had almost identical per game numbers in his first AHL season and NHL stint as Guhle.

Obviously they’re different players - Guhle has much better skating ability and more size but Mahura is more cerebral, has a better first odd and offensive hockey IQ. I don’t see much that separates them although I probably prefer Guhle slightly because I think his size is going to be more of a benefit at the next level and gives him a slightly higher floor.

I find myself still leaning towards Larsson over those two.

Reactions: UnfinishedBusiness

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I find myself still leaning towards Larsson over those two.

As do I but in terms of who is second among our dmen I think it’s really close between those two - there’s not much separating them. LaCombe is a wildcard who may end up the best of the lot but I don’t quite know how I rank him at the moment.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
If Lundestrom finds consistency he might be a better player than some players above him.
His SHL stint was great last year. Voting him but he needs to put a lot of things together to be successful at NHL.

Will consider Dostal for my next pick

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
I bet next vote is split between Tracey, Dostal and Jones...

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

I think mahura has most upside betweeen larsson him and guhle personally. I still think he can become a theodore type

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad