Prospect Info: 2019 Top prospects #17 tiebreaker

Best prospect

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Drew vs Benoit vs Thrun

Vote for whoever you think is the best prospect.

I went for Thrun. I feel like it's close enough between him and Benoit but there is a big gap between those two and Drew.

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
I loved the Thrun draft pick, so I'm going with him here again. But I don't think it can be understated how much of a dark horse Benoit and Drew both are. They're hardly surefire NHLers at this point (Drew at least -- I wouldn't be surprised to see Benoit draw in for a game or two this season) but they're pretty good prospects in their own right. Maybe not as top-four defensemen -- they don't have Thrun's ceiling -- but nonetheless, they have a chance to establish an NHL career as solid 5s (Benoit) and 6s. (Drew)

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I loved the Thrun draft pick, so I'm going with him here again. But I don't think it can be understated how much of a dark horse Benoit and Drew both are. They're hardly surefire NHLers at this point (Drew at least -- I wouldn't be surprised to see Benoit draw in for a game or two this season) but they're pretty good prospects in their own right. Maybe not as top-four defensemen -- they don't have Thrun's ceiling -- but nonetheless, they have a chance to establish an NHL career as solid 5s (Benoit) and 6s. (Drew)

Yeah Drew has got a lot of raw tools which intrigue me but think he will have a tougher time puttting it altogether than the other two. Benoit just seems like a bit of a late bloomer but was so solid in his own end for the Gulls, I think he could have a solid few years/career as a very good defensive third pairing guy. I also liked Thruns upside by a fair bit compared to the others which is why I went with him.

Reactions: eternalbedhead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad