• Jackson Perbix

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006

11Justin93

Sep 27, 2011
I get that Morand had a disappointing year, but damn. I don't see how either LaCombe or McLaughlin are more highly touted. Granted, I haven't much of those two.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
This is a deep prospect pool, holy ****

Yep. There’s a chance we may still have a recent 2nd rounder still on the board at 15. Sherwood isn’t even going to make the top 15 and he’s already had a decent amount of nhl time.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Went with LaCombe albeit I think he`s a long term project. McLaughlin would be next, trusting other fans about him

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
said by most fans of their teams prospect pools...
The Ducks have a reputation as being one of the best drafting teams in the league, though.

Not sure that it should be granted a lot of credence, as I'm not entirely sold on the accuracy of the methodology, but there was a guy that was doing statistical research on drafting across the league on the prospect boards. Over the last ten years, we ranked first.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Last year we will most likely have a lot of graduates, could look much thinner. But we should still be decent with Tracey, LaCombe and Dostal with a potential hype rise. Plus Zegras should still be there. We just probably won`t be so deep.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
LaCombe, Sherwood, McLaughlin

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
The Ducks have a reputation as being one of the best drafting teams in the league, though.

Not sure that it should be granted a lot of credence, as I'm not entirely sold on the accuracy of the methodology, but there was a guy that was doing statistical research on drafting across the league on the prospect boards. Over the last ten years, we ranked first.
Past draft success where we were able to draft/develop decent to solid NHLers (not a lot of elite talents tho) doesn't mean that the guys we draft now are guaranteed NHLers or that our prospect pool is incredibly deep, no more than any other fan could say. Especially when you start getting to these guys where it's all a roll of the dice that any of them actually develop into anything. It'd be great if we continue to draft quality NHLers, but we should be a little more realistic about someone who is our 13th "best" prospect; or even guys after our top 5.

Reactions: Kalv

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Past draft success where we were able to draft/develop decent to solid NHLers (not a lot of elite talents tho) doesn't mean that the guys we draft now are guaranteed NHLers or that our prospect pool is incredibly deep, no more than any other fan could say. Especially when you start getting to these guys where it's all a roll of the dice that any of them actually develop into anything. It'd be great if we continue to draft quality NHLers, but we should be a little more realistic about someone who is our 13th "best" prospect; or even guys after our top 5.
It's a prospect pool. There's no such thing as guarantees in any of these prospect pools. That doesn't mean that we don't have a larger group of players with higher probability of success than other prospect pools. That we can't speculate about a trend that has held for a long time has nothing to do with you being realistic. You're just being pedantic.

This also isn't our thirteenth best prospect. It's a poll about what the consensus of this board thinks is our thirteenth prospect.

Reactions: Kalv

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
All but 11 votes are for McLaughlin or LaCombe if it closes with any more than 2 votes separating them do people want another tiebreaker or are they happy for me to call it? There’s not as much of a spread as with the other close polls.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
All but 11 votes are for McLaughlin or LaCombe if it closes with any more than 2 votes separating them do people want another tiebreaker or are they happy for me to call it? There’s not as much of a spread as with the other close polls.
I think you should just call it then

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
It's a prospect pool. There's no such thing as guarantees in any of these prospect pools. That doesn't mean that we don't have a larger group of players with higher probability of success than other prospect pools. That we can't speculate about a trend that has held for a long time has nothing to do with you being realistic. You're just being pedantic.

This also isn't our thirteenth best prospect. It's a poll about what the consensus of this board thinks is our thirteenth prospect.
Fair enough on the first part. I’m just tired of the hyperbole I see on here a lot with our prospects.

Also I don’t get your second paragraph. The title of this post is vote for the best prospect with a list of them. How is that not us rating our team’s best prospects in order? I’m not getting it.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Also I don’t get your second paragraph. The title of this post is vote for the best prospect with a list of them. How is that not us rating our team’s best prospects in order? I’m not getting it.
As you know, the collective wisdom of this board has been historically inaccurate when voting on these things. What we have available at thirteen is probably not what should be available at thirteen. There are likely players still without rankings that are substantially better than the people ranked ahead of him. Keep in mind, I'm not talking down the road. I'm talking about them being better, right now. So, someone fawning over a player or two here could easily be right in doing so.

Reactions: JabbaJabba

Vinegar Strokes

Dirty Ducks
Oct 26, 2006
San DIego
Terry is the only legit player. He needs to buff up and stay aggressive.

Wait...are you actually trying to say that Terry is the only legit player we have in our prospect pool?

If you are, that might be the most ridiculous claim I’ve read on these boards in the 13 years I’ve been here.

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
Wait...are you actually trying to say that Terry is the only legit player we have in our prospect pool?

If you are, that might be the most ridiculous claim I’ve read on these boards in the 13 years I’ve been here.
Not to give him an out as I do doubt this is what he was saying, but he might have just been referring to the 2015 draft, which outside of Terry is shaping up to be pretty bad. The jury's still out on Larsson (I'll say personally that I'm concerned by his slow development arc even with the fact that he's still fairly young), but even with him out of the picture, no one else is showing much potential. Nattinen bombed. Gates... not too high on him at all. Sideroff bombed. Ruggiero is the dark horse as he had a decent last year of college, but I'm not high on him, either. Metcalf... no.

Of course, Terry is not the only legit prospect in our entire pool and like the 3rd or 4th best one we have... just trying to explain the ludicrous nature of the claim he made.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Not to give him an out as I do doubt this is what he was saying, but he might have just been referring to the 2015 draft, which outside of Terry is shaping up to be pretty bad. The jury's still out on Larsson (I'll say personally that I'm concerned by his slow development arc even with the fact that he's still fairly young), but even with him out of the picture, no one else is showing much potential. Nattinen bombed. Gates... not too high on him at all. Sideroff bombed. Ruggiero is the dark horse as he had a decent last year of college, but I'm not high on him, either. Metcalf... no.

Of course, Terry is not the only legit prospect in our entire pool and like the 3rd or 4th best one we have... just trying to explain the ludicrous nature of the claim he made.
Yeah i'm not a fan of the Ducks 2015 & 2013 drafts. 2013 netted only 1 NHL player in that of Shea Theodore.
Other franchises might say 2013 + 2015 was a success based on how other franchises don't draft as well.

Reactions: eternalbedhead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad