Prospect Info: 2019 top prospects #11

Best prospect

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Mahura for me... but could also see Groulx and Mcclaughlin getting a good portion of votes, crazy that Larsson dropped 6(not crazy as undeserved, just crazy in general)

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
I'll do the unorthodox and go Sherwood. I thought about it for a while, and honestly while Sherwood won't ever be anything more than a bottom six role player, I feel like he definitely has a lot to give and can already be trusted to contribute fairly reliably. LaCombe's potential excites me, and I'd probably have gone for him was he more of a known quantity, but since he's not really there yet (and in my eyes is more of a question mark than Tracey is) Sherwood's my pick.

Mahura's stock plummeted in my eyes last season. He was given a chance and just didn't really live up to it. If he gets his development trajectory in shape and learns NHL level play properly, he's definitely one of our more intriguing prospects, but for as long as he's struggling with that I don't have him high on my chart.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
mahura even though he lost confidence last year

DigiDuck

More covfefe please.
Jan 11, 2019
Burbank
Mahura. Our forward corps is looking good for the future. Need some D-men who can get the puck up to them and also create in the offensive end. Hoping he bounces back with SD. Look how Steel and Terry did once they got acclimated to the pro game, so holding out the same hope if he can stay healthy.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Mahura for me... but could also see Groulx and Mcclaughlin getting a good portion of votes, crazy that Larsson dropped 6(not crazy as undeserved, just crazy in general)

Think it says more about our prospect pool than Larsson. Mahura is going to have a similar drop, we’ve just got a lot more mid to top end talent than we did last year.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I really like LaCombe the more I read on him, but he`s just too much of an unknown commodity as of now. He got cut from the USA (very stacked) camp but some plays we saw on Twitter were very promising. He is the prospect I think will be in top 5 next year (we will have a lot of graduates anyway). But like I said - too much unknown in him, will be interesting to see how he develops in University of Minnesota, should be good, he obviously need some bulking up. He might need 3 years in NCAA

I also like Benoit, who was surprisingly having a steady season in a quite stacked Gulls defense. He had the most games played of them all. He is certainly someone to keep an eye on, he`s younger than Terry, for cmparison.

But will go with Mahura. He had a dissapointing year, where he was almost outscored by Benoit, who is a younger player and a stay at home guy. But, ugh, riding on a past hype and that I heard Mahura was fighting off injuries.

Yeah, add Janicke. Solid USA camp showing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad