2019 Summer/Fall Prospect Poll: 1, Have we started the fire?

Who is the Sabres' #1 Prospect?

• Rasmus Asplund, C

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • William Borgen, D

• Oskari Laaksonen, D

• Mattias Samuelsson, D

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ruckus007

where to?
May 27, 2003
Huntington, WV
All prospects who fit the HF prospect criteria are included.

ELIGIBILITY
-In his Age-24 season with fewer than 65 NHL games for a skater (or 45 games for a goalie).

-If signed out of Europe or the NCAA at age 22 or older, fewer than 65 (skaters) or 45 (goalies) games within three years of signing.

-The following players' eligibility is based on the 22 and over rule: C.J. Smith (03/30/20), Lawrence Pilut (03/15/21), Andrew Oglevie (04/11/21), Victor Olofsson (04/24/21), Brandon Hickey (07/01/21), Casey Fitzgerald (03/26/22).

-Jonas Johansson will age out after this season.

-If I have made any mistakes with the list, let me know.

RULES
Each poll runs 24 hours and is public. Vote for your choice and nominate a prospect from the list below to replace that player on the subsequent poll.

If there is a tie in the Top 10, there will be a run-off and the losing prospect will be returned to the pool for the next vote. Outside the Top 10, the tie will hold, the two highest Adds will be added and we'll move on.

PROSPECT RANKINGS
In the past, we've also done skater-only and goalie-only threads, as well as aggregate-type of rankings. If someone is interested, they are welcome to inherit that responsibility.

Spring 2019 Top Prospects
1. Lawrence Pilut, D
2. Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen, G
3. Victor Olofsson, RW
4. Alexander Nylander, LW (trade/CHI)
5. Rasmus Asplund, C
6. William Borgen, D
7. Oskari Laaksonen, D
8. Mattias Samuelsson, D
9. C.J. Smith, LW
10. Marcus Davidsson, C
11. Matej Pekar, C
12. Jacob Bryson, D
13. Linus Weissbach, LW
14. Sean Malone, C (FA/AHL)
15. Danny O'Regan, C (FA/NYR)
16. Linus Lindstrand Cronholm, D
17. Casey Fitzgerald, D
18.(t) Andrew Oglevie, C
18.(t) Jack Dougherty, D (FA/AHL)
18.(t) Taylor Leier, LW (FA/AHL)

Eligible to be added
G: Jonas Johansson, Erik Portillo

D: Jacob Bryson, Ivan Chukarov,* Casey Fitzgerald, Brandon Hickey, Miska Kukkonen, Linus Lindstrand Cronholm, Philip Nyberg, Devante Stephens, William Worge Kreu

F: Christopher Brown,* Filip Cederqvist, Marcus Davidsson, Vasili Glotov, Aaron Huglen, Connor Hurley,* Brett Murray, Andrew Oglevie, Matej Pekar, Lukas Rousek, Arttu Ruotsalainen, C.J. Smith, Linus Weissbach, Maxwell Willman*

*rights held through 08/15/19 (maybe?)

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
Cozens. Add Bryson (I wanted to add Ruotsolainen, but does anyone really know what we have there?)

Now my real question that was probably answered in his draft thread... With Cozens, is it a hard O (as in "doze") or do you say it like "cousins"?

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
Cozens. Add Bryson (I wanted to add Ruotsolainen, but does anyone really know what we have there?)

Now my real question that was probably answered in his draft thread... With Cozens, is it a hard O (as in "doze") or do you say it like "cousins"?
I've only ever heard people pronounce it as "Cousins".

Reactions: Rasmi and Chainshot

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Having watched some Ilves, he looks like he has the ability to burrow inside to score and creates from other places in the offensive zone. And if that's not enough, you can model him out with his NHLe score.

Reactions: Rasmi

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Woohoo, something to do...

I'd say there's a tight grouping at the top: UPL, Cozens, Jokiharju; then another cluster.

Add Pekar.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Cozens as a winger I'm pretty optimistic about. Cozens as a centre though I'm unsure.

Still I think this is easily him, then you can debate between Joki/Olofsson/6K

Add Jacob Bryson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad