Vote for 9 please

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
They might end up making me look foolish, but I'm just not sold that last year wasn't just a Cinderella run. Almost everyone had career years, which I can't see happening again, and that defense (on paper) just doesn't inspire me.
Honestly at this stage I see pretty big holes in every team. And I’ve given up betting against them after losing so many times.

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
They might end up making me look foolish, but I'm just not sold that last year wasn't just a Cinderella run. Almost everyone had career years, which I can't see happening again, and that defense (on paper) just doesn't inspire me.

It may very well have been a true Cinderella run that won’t be repeated, but for me it’s hard to imagine them being a complete fluke. Nobody in the West could stop them from getting to the finals and I think they deserve to be voted among the top contenders this coming season. Plus they did add Stastny and have arguably the top coach in the league. I guess we will see what they’re truly made of after their inaugural season.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
It may very well have been a true Cinderella run that won’t be repeated, but for me it’s hard to imagine them being a complete fluke. Nobody in the West could stop them from getting to the finals and I think they deserve to be voted among the top contenders this coming season. Plus they did add Stastny and have arguably the top coach in the league. I guess we will see what they’re truly made of after their inaugural season.

A lot of the bolded had to do with Fleury literally having one of the greatest playoff runs (through 3 rounds) in modern history. When his play dropped in the Caps series, Las Vegas as a team also ended up looking like an easy win for Washington.

IMO, it's hard to separate their team success from how much of it was due to Fleury's unreal performance. So unless he has a repeat of that next year, I think they're more of a middle of the pack team than a true contender.

(As of today. If they acquire Erik Karlsson prior to the season, things obviously change. In case any smart ass decides to bump this if that happens)

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Looking at the list of teams left really made me realize there are a ton of just mediocre teams in this league.

Went Sharks.
I keep seeing people say this and don’t understand how it’s any different than any other years. What, are you expecting half the league to be a powerhouse?

Reactions: 278 others

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I keep seeing people say this and don’t understand how it’s any different than any other years. What, are you expecting half the league to be a powerhouse?

What I mean is if we’re trying to pick teams that are legitimate Cup threats, I think this game is over already.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad