2019 Stanley Cup Favourite #8

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Who outside of HFboards has claimed the Leafs aren't contenders?
Hmm I recall you disputing the majority that called the Oilers legit contenders before the start of last year.

Now I know that not everyone is as intelligent as you, but guess what? TSN, SN, etc. Are wrong sometimes.

Don't be surprised if the Leafs don't steamroll every team this year which is what you're expecting.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Leafs should also be #8.

Love STL's depth. They don't have an amazing #1C but thats a lot of depth up front and good building blocks on the blue line. Goaltending concerning...

I voted STL, but kinda wish I went SJ. Splitting hairs.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
In what world is St-Louis #8? What have they ever won? Their goalie still sucks. I don't get it.

2008 Detroit
2009 Pit
2010 Chicago

All proved you could win without a top 10 goalie and that they can put up meh to mediocre numbers if the team infront is good enough and still win. As long as Allen doesnt **** the bed every game then his team would have a pretty solid chance to go far

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
I don’t see it with St. Louis. A team needs to be at least elite at 2/3 of forwards, defence, and goaltending. They are arguably elite at D and that’s it. No true franchise #1C and questionable goaltending will hamper them. I can see them making the playoffs but going no further than round 2. Went with San Jose.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
2008 Detroit
2009 Pit
2010 Chicago

All proved you could win without a top 10 goalie and that they can put up meh to mediocre numbers if the team infront is good enough and still win. As long as Allen doesnt **** the bed every game then his team would have a pretty solid chance to go far
Yes but the rest of the Blues team really doesn't even come close to matching just how great the 3 teams you listed. Like not even remotely close.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Some concerns I've seen brought up about the Blues are valid(Allen, Yeo) but others just seem to be underrating their group of skaters. Again I think many just don't seem to understand that they relied on basically 4 top 6 forwards last year and really didn't have a 3rd line. Allen also posted his worst statistical season in front of a team that had a lot of holes. Every single one of those holes has been filled so his #'s should see a decent uptick even if you're like me and still not a fan of him. Skater group is just too damn good to be rating any lower than 8 here.

For those of you saying they shouldn't be at no8 please list the actual roster you think is better.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
I don’t see it with St. Louis. A team needs to be at least elite at 2/3 of forwards, defence, and goaltending. They are arguably elite at D and that’s it. No true franchise #1C and questionable goaltending will hamper them. I can see them making the playoffs but going no further than round 2. Went with San Jose.

Center is not even remotely close to being a weakness for the Blues anymore. I keep seeing this over and over again but with ROR eating up all the toughest minutes, Schenn and Bozak don't have to be world beaters and the Blues still have Robert Thomas so I'm not sure why this keeps getting repeated. You can go on all day about how there's not an elite center there but this group hasn't even hit the ice together yet and there's a distinct possibility they end up with a pair of 70 pt guys at the position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad