• San Jose

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
So Stanley Cup champion Washington Capitals take 4th place in our rankings. Can they repeat? We will see!

Anyways looks like the Preds are the clear fave to take 5. Boston a outside shot here...

1 Tampa Bay 56% https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/2019-stanley-cup-favourite-1.2518569/
2 Winnipeg 36% https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/2019-stanley-cup-favourite-2.2519437/
3 Pittsburgh 39% https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/2019-nhl-stanley-cup-favourite-3.2520087/
4 Washington 49% https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/2019-stanley-cup-favourite-4.2520405/

Human

cynic
Jan 22, 2011
Bandwagon
I missed this poll. I mean I guess with Tampa, the perennial contender/choker, I'm not that surprised it was voted as the favorite. But the Jets? LoL!!!

The Capitals should be #1, because they have the same team and they are the Cups winners. Pretty easy...

edit: This one is between the Predators and the Knights. Voted for the Preds.

Last edited:

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
I missed this poll. I mean I guess with Tampa, the perennial contender/choker, I'm not that surprised it was voted as the favorite. But the Jets? LoL!!!

The Capitals should be #1, because they have the same team and they are the Cups winners. Pretty easy...

edit: This one is between the Predators and the Knights. Voted for the Preds.

You gonna be ok?

Fear

Nov 17, 2014
Inconsistent goaltending is the only thing holding Nashville back from #2 in my books

dr robbie

Let's Go Pens!
Feb 21, 2012
Pittsburgh
I must have missed the first few rounds. How are the Jets higher than the Caps? Not trying to sound rude or anything, just honestly wondering the thought process there.

Reactions: Garthinater

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Putting Nashville and the Blues lineups side by side, Ill take the Blues

M2Beezy

Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Putting Nashville and the Blues lineups side by side, Ill take the Blues
Nashville is a deep playoff team who was in the cup finals and destined last year but had poor goaltending. Stlouis doesnt even make the playoffs anymore. Yeah take the blues over Nashville :laugh:

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Nashville is a deep playoff team who was in the cup finals and destined last year but had poor goaltending. Stlouis doesnt even make the playoffs anymore. Yeah take the blues over Nashville :laugh:

ROR, Perron, Maroon, Bozak, Fabbri and superstud rookies Kyrou and Thomas all say hello

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Tarasenko, Schwartz, Schenn, Pietrangelo, Parayko, Dunn all say hi too.

But I was merely talking about the new players due to the poster comparing the 2017 Preds to the 2017 Blues.

M2Beezy

Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Tarasenko, Schwartz, Schenn, Pietrangelo, Parayko, Dunn all say hi too.

But I was merely talking about the new players due to the poster comparing the 2017 Preds to the 2017 Blues.
Yeah well means nothing if they STILL cant get it done. Everything may look nice on paper but doesnt always work out that way. Remember a couple a years ago EVERYONE was talking about the best d in the world in Calgary and they ended up sucking. So Blues and their fans keep telling the world every year is different there the best blah blah blah and every year they choke, fail, suck, implode, disappoint... what ever you wanna call it.

So to rank them as a cup fave anywhere near the top 10 is beyond laughable :biglaugh:

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Yeah well means nothing if they STILL cant get it done. Everything may look nice on paper but doesnt always work out that way. Remember a couple a years ago EVERYONE was talking about the best d in the world in Calgary and they ended up sucking. So Blues and their fans keep telling the world every year is different there the best blah blah blah and every year they choke, fail, suck, implode, disappoint... what ever you wanna call it.

So to rank them as a cup fave anywhere near the top 10 is beyond laughable :biglaugh:

They definitely have to show it on the ice, but to compare last years team to this years team is like night and day. And last years team had 94 pts and missed the playoffs by 1 pt on the last game of the year. Lets not act like it was a bottom feeder. A lot of things went wrong last year. It happens. That’s why they re-loaded. This years team looks like the most talented team the Blues have had post lock out. They are easily top 10.

Reactions: LetsGoBLUES91

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
ROR, Perron, Maroon, Bozak, Fabbri and superstud rookies Kyrou and Thomas all say hello
Tbf Maroon is meh and Kyrou probably won’t make the team. But yes the blues are massively improved. They are a contender if Allen doesn’t suck.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Tbf Maroon is meh and Kyrou probably won’t make the team. But yes the blues are massively improved. They are a contender if Allen doesn’t suck.

I wouldn’t discount Kyrou making the team. I’m envisioning a Schwartz - Schenn - Kyrou line. I also don’t think Maroon will be meh this year at all. I like him on this line Maroon - ROR - Tarasenko. I think his size and net presence will be huge on this team. He’ll be really energetic playing in his home town too. He sounds ultra excited to be home.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
This isn't chel. Team chemistry actually needs to develop. May happen for the Blues, may not. Lots of wildcards.
They are not even close to Nashville on this list.

We'll see. Lots of people's opinion on the Blues is based on last year where they had no 3rd line even before tons of injuries. Not only have they overwhelmingly fixed last year's depth issues they also upgraded their top 6 as well. Of course Nashville will get the nod here based on recent results but the Blues are a team poised to come back into the contender group in a big way and are easily able to challenge Nashville now in a way they couldn't last year.

Reactions: LetsGoBLUES91

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
They definitely have to show it on the ice, but to compare last years team to this years team is like night and day. And last years team had 94 pts and missed the playoffs by 1 pt on the last game of the year. Lets not act like it was a bottom feeder. A lot of things went wrong last year. It happens. That’s why they re-loaded. This years team looks like the most talented team the Blues have had post lock out. They are easily top 10.

Don't bother. He's literally insane. He makes these every offseason specifically for this reason.

The fact that he thinks the Blues being close to the top 10 is laughable tells you what you need to know about his state of mind.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad