2019 Spring Prospect Rankings Poll: # 3

Who is the Sabres #3 Prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ruckus007

where to?
May 27, 2003
Huntington, WV
All prospects who fit the HF prospect criteria are included.

ELIGIBILITY
-In his Age-24 season with fewer than 65 NHL games for a skater (or 45 games for a goalie).

-If signed out of Europe or the NCAA at age 22 or older, fewer than 65 (skaters) or 45 (goalies) games within three years of signing.

-The following players' eligibility is based on the 22 and over rule: C.J. Smith (03/30/20), Lawrence Pilut (03/15/21), Andrew Oglevie (04/11/21), Victor Olofsson (04/24/21), Brandon Hickey (07/01/21)

-Danny O'Regan and Taylor Leier will age out after this season.

-If I have made any mistakes with the list, let me know.

RULES
Each poll runs 24 hours and is public. Vote for your choice and nominate a prospect from the list below to replace that player on the subsequent poll.

If there is a tie in the Top 10, there will be a run-off and the losing prospect will be returned to the pool for the next vote. Outside the Top 10, the tie will hold, the two highest Adds will be added and we'll move on.

PROSPECT RANKINGS
In the past, we've also done skater-only and goalie-only threads, as well as aggregate-type of rankings. If someone is interested, they are welcome to inherit that responsibility.

Spring 2019, Top 20
1. Lawrence Pilut, D (+7): 44 of 102 votes (43.1%). Runner up, Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen (29 votes)
2. Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen, G (+11): 40 of 78 votes (51.3%). Runner up, Victor Olofsson (24 votes)

Eligible to be added
G: Jonas Johansson

D: Ivan Chukarov, Jack Dougherty, Casey Fitzgerald, Brandon Hickey, Miska Kukkonen, Linus Lindstrand Cronholm, Brycen Martin, Philip Nyberg, Devante Stephens, William Worge Kreu

F: Christopher Brown, Eric Cornel, Vasili Glotov, Connor Hurley, Taylor Leier, Sean Malone, Brett Murray, Andrew Oglevie, Danny O'Regan, Linus Weissbach, Maxwell Willman

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
VO. Add Miska Kukkonen.

Do the Sabres even own Connor Hurley's rights? He signed an ECHL deal. Not too far behind Estaphan or Golotov in scoring.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Going Laaksonen here on upside. He's not as close to NHL-ready as Olofsson or Asplund, but I think he's got the highest ceiling. Add Weissbach.

Reactions: Freeeeedom

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
Gimme nylander over olofsson all day, he has more tools in the box, time will tell if he develops them

Reactions: Tatanka

Tsyolin

Amerks Enthusiast
May 26, 2018
DC
CJ Smith for sure. As previously stated, he's a more complete player than Olofsson is right now despite lacking the flashy shot. He's the best forward on the Amerks.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Can’t deny Olof here. Translated from the shl to the ahl seamlessly. Nylander probably still has a higher ceiling, but man, that shot on the pp will do work

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
He's still listed in the In the System page on sabres.com. I though he was on the CapFriendly reserve list page too but that doesn't look like it's the case.

I suggest we run a poll to determine if we wan't to continue to have Hurley available or not. :naughty:
It's pretty incredible that there's a Darcy pick that's now playing in the ECHL and might still be Sabres property.

kp2575

Ray's Pocket Square
Feb 11, 2015
PDX
He's still listed in the In the System page on sabres.com. I though he was on the CapFriendly reserve list page too but that doesn't look like it's the case.

I suggest we run a poll to determine if we wan't to continue to have Hurley available or not. :naughty:

I tweeted at Cap Friendly to take him down. He signed with the ECHL team in the PHX organization, they no longer own his rights.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
I tweeted at Cap Friendly to take him down. He signed with the ECHL team in the PHX organization, they no longer own his rights.
We don't really know whether they still hold his rights or not. The fact that he signed an ECHL contract with another organization is not evidence either way, however.

kp2575

Ray's Pocket Square
Feb 11, 2015
PDX
We don't really know whether they still hold his rights or not. The fact that he signed an ECHL contract with another organization is not evidence either way, however.

"Buffalo fans should be familiar with the process of a player leaving college early, given the situation with Cal Petersen just last summer. Petersen left Notre Dame after just three years with an intention to turn pro, and thus was granted his unrestricted free agency 30 days after informing the Central Registry of his decision. That only works for players who are at least four years out from their draft year, but since Petersen—like Hurley—played a year in the USHL before heading to college he was eligible for free agency before the usual August 15th threshold. The goaltender eventually signed with the Los Angeles Kings on July 1st, 2017."

Wouldn't he be a UFA then? He's no longer a student and it's been four years?

allsilverdreams

Jan 17, 2011
VO by a Country mile.
Nylander then Asplund.
Add the golie that was just injured in Rochester, Johanson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad