2019 Spring Prospect Rankings Poll: # 1

Who is the Sabres #1 Prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ruckus007

where to?
May 27, 2003
Huntington, WV
All prospects who fit the HF prospect criteria are included.

ELIGIBILITY
-In his Age-24 season with fewer than 65 NHL games for a skater (or 45 games for a goalie).

-If signed out of Europe or the NCAA at age 22 or older, fewer than 65 (skaters) or 45 (goalies) games within three years of signing.

-The following players' eligibility is based on the 22 and over rule: C.J. Smith (03/30/20), Lawrence Pilut (03/15/21), Andrew Oglevie (04/11/21), Victor Olofsson (04/24/21), Brandon Hickey (07/01/21)

-Danny O'Regan and Taylor Leier will age out after this season.

-If I have made any mistakes with the list, let me know.

RULES
Each poll runs 24 hours and is public. Vote for your choice and nominate a prospect from the list below to replace that player on the subsequent poll.

If there is a tie in the Top 10, there will be a run-off and the losing prospect will be returned to the pool for the next vote. Outside the Top 10, the tie will hold, the two highest Adds will be added and we'll move on.

PROSPECT RANKINGS
In the past, we've also done skater-only and goalie-only threads, as well as aggregate-type of rankings. If someone is interested, they are welcome to inherit that responsibility.

Summer 2018, Top 25
1. Rasmus Dahlin, D (graduated)
2. Casey Mittelstadt, C (graduated)
3. Brendan Guhle, D (trade/ANA)
4. Alexander Nylander, LW
5. Rasmus Asplund, C

6. Tage Thompson, C (graduated)
7. Victor Olofsson, RW
8. Lawrence Pilut, D
9. Mattias Samuelsson, D
10. Marcus Davidsson, C
11. Will Borgen, D
12. Oskari Laaksonen, D
13. Ukka-Pekka Luukkonen, G
14. C.J. Smith, LW
15. Matej Pekar, C

16. Casey Nelson, D (graduated)
17. Nicholas Baptiste, RW (trade/NSH)
18. Justin Bailey, RW (trade/PHI)
19. Danny O'Regan, C
20. Sean Malone, C
21. Andrew Oglevie, C
22. Casey Fitzgerald, D
23. Linus Weissbach, LW
24. Brandon Hickey, D
25. Jacob Bryson, D

Eligible to be added
G: Jonas Johansson

D: Jacob Bryson, Ivan Chukarov, Jack Dougherty, Casey Fitzgerald, Brandon Hickey, Miska Kukkonen, Linus Lindstrand Cronholm, Brycen Martin, Philip Nyberg, Devante Stephens, William Worge Kreu

F: Christopher Brown, Eric Cornel, Vasili Glotov, Connor Hurley, Taylor Leier, Sean Malone, Brett Murray, Andrew Oglevie, Danny O'Regan, Matej Pekar, Linus Weissbach, Maxwell Willman

Did I wait until Mittelstadt and Dahlin officially hit the cutoff this weekend? Probably....

Reactions: Reddawg

Thorton02

Feb 6, 2009
Wow. I didn't realize our prospect pool was this bad. With no 2nd round pick this year, Botts better hit some home runs with those 2 firsts.

Duddy

Everyday is
Dec 24, 2005
Wow. I didn't realize our prospect pool was this bad. With no 2nd round pick this year, Botts better hit some home runs with those 2 firsts.
You can't have a great pool of prospects when all your first rounders are straight to the NHL guys. We lack a sexy name up front, but overall a solid pool with a lot of potential. Grab some forwards at this draft and we are set.

Reactions: joshjull and Rasmi

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
Voted UPL. Highest upside of the group and has had about as good of a year as you could have reasonably hoped for.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
Just my opinion but I can't get behind voting a goalie as #1 prospect especially when he has yet to play above juniors. He's carrying that team and he has a good chance to become a starting NHL goalie but goalie development is far too unpredictable.

Meanwhile on the list is a defenseman that has shown to be top pairing in SHL, AHL, and top 4 in NHL.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Pilut for being NHL ready and a good bet, UPL for upside. Those two are definitely the top tier. Honestly, Bryson and Weissback might be right there.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
I'm sure he will also look to add college talent after the NCAA championship is over.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad