TSN: 2019 Spengler Cup

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Spengler Cup anyone??

Here's the roster.....

https://www.tsn.ca/canada-names-201...0pep4dWMEU0JBefvLML7Cr2Q-tG_KTGybGwMqMBykb0ws

Screenshot 2018-12-21 23.52.46.png

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
I always try to watch as much of this tournament as I can during the break although I know so few of the players there are always a name or two on the different teams that I recognize. Canada has done well the last few years but the unis though... different.

Reactions: Back in Black

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
LOVE the Spengler - a highly underrated tournament IMO. The truth is that it is higher caliber hockey than the World Juniors, but the World Juniors has the hype due to a small handful of future NHL stars participating. The truth is that most of the players on even Canada's World Junior roster will end up having exactly the kind of career that the guys on our Spengler roster did.

Some definite Sens flavour on the Spengler roster also with DiDominico and Weircioch there. Looking forward to it...

hawthy

Mar 31, 2010
Ottawa
I can never get into this. Club teams, versus countries, with club teams having nationalities already represented on competing teams on account of already playing for the club team, etc. I just can't invest myself into something that really doesn't represent much of substance....that I know of. Correct me if I'm wrong. Talent wise, yeah, it may be better than WJC, but the key ingredient in international tournaments, to me, is best-on-best. WJC is best-on-best of international junior talent. Obviously when NHLers go to the Olympics, that is the pinnacle of international ice hockey competition, but its intrigue is cut from the same cloth as WJC: best-on-best.

Reactions: DrEasy

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Nice to see Zach Fucale bouncing back. He has had a bit of a rough ride in his pro career so far. He's still only 23, young for a goalie, so you never know. I think Vegas owns his rights now IIRC...

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
The KalPa goalie was solid. That's the type of guy you should go after as an organization for depth. Not a Condon or anything

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad