Patriots/NFL 2019 Season III - Preseason - Cut Down Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
https://weei.radio.com/blogs/ryan-h...n-returning-highlights-positive-news-practice

FOXBORO -- The Patriots returned to the practice field Monday at Gillette Stadium and with that came some good news.

It was headlined by Julian Edelman returning after being on NFI since training camp opened with a thumb injury. The wide receiver was in pads and appeared ready to participate in full. In addition, after suffering injuries last week and missing last Thursday in Nashville, Maurice Harris, Phillip Dorsett and N'Keal Harry all returned. It's unclear how much they will do, since training camp access is over, but all three were on the field in pads.

Other wide receivers -- Josh Gordon, Demaryius Thomas and Cameron Meredith -- were present, but not in uniform indicating they are still on NFI (Gordon) and PUP (Meredith and Thomas).

In addition, tight end Matt LaCosse was back after suffering an ankle injury against the Lions and missing all last week.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Ryan Allen released.
Allen was great and may end up in the Patriots HoF some day. Punting is underrated, and he did a tremendous job at assuring us good field position for the last 6 years. And his Superbowl performance last year kept the Rams off the board for a long time - if he averaged ten fewer yards on all those punts, the Rams could've gotten into FG range on a couple of those drives and the game would've been a lot closer.

I do understand Belichick's reasoning. Bailey seems just as strong legged and as a rookie comes with a comparatively smaller contract. Plus he can also handle kickoffs if they want to give Gost a break (and he's been so inconsistent on FGs recently that you might want to rest that leg).

Allen will get picked up, and I wish him all the best in the future (unless he goes to the Jets or Dolphins).

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Jimmy G with a terrible interception his first series vs Denver, would have thrown a pick-6 on his second series but the linebacker dropped a throw right in the numbers.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

hn45V8hBhRIpW.gif

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
The thing about Antonio Brown is that considering everything we know about head injuries and all the bad press that the league has gotten over being incredibly slow to take responsibility for them, he looks like an absolute troglodyte by dying on this hill.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
The thing about Antonio Brown is that considering everything we know about head injuries and all the bad press that the league has gotten over being incredibly slow to take responsibility for them, he looks like an absolute troglodyte by dying on this hill.

He does.. but why doesn't the NFL give him a waiver to sign and let him wear his helmet? He'd be barred from any future legal action relating to head injuries.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Thomas activated from PUP.

That's an interesting development.

This might force them to make cuts earlier than they wanted. If Thomas could've been stashed away for a few more weeks or into the regular season, they could've carried another guy like Berrios who might get cut now. Still not sold on Thomas actually making the team after the surgery he had at his age.

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005
Patriots Unfiltered Q&A: Pass catchers receiving attention

Do you see Josh Gordon as a starter, with him and [Julian] Edelman in two-WR sets and N’Keal Harry with them in three-WR sets? I think this would be a great receiving combo which would offer the Patriots real diverse and dangerous options, especially with [James] White out of the backfield. And if he is, how do you see the receiver position shaking out? Gordon, Edelman, Harry, [Phillip] Dorsett (and Matthew Slater) making the team, leaving [Maurice] Harris, [rookie Jakobi] Meyers, [Braxton] Berrios, [Demaryius] Thomas, and [Dontrelle] Inman to fight it out for one or two spots?

*Released WR Dontrelle Inman

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
doooooont caaaaaaaare. Tough to get riled up at this point. Would be like getting mad at somebody saying the sun is green. Like whatever man, have fun on Mars.

All time “best” QB’s don’t go sub-.500 in their prime, idc if they are playing with 5 year olds

Kellermans a woman-slapping maroon

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

I'm not sure how old you are, but I am so happy I was able to watch the NFL at one point where all these things didn't exist. I grew up watching the Niners win four bowls, and marveled at Joe Montana's greatness, and any time anyone mentioned him as a player it was positive....as it should be...

Now, forget it. How does someone come out and honestly think this? The sad part is I guess is the Patriots and Brady have made it look so easy and so common that people that aren't from the 60's or 70's really believe this is easy.

This will never be done again in the NFL. There will never be another two decades like this. It will be more likely the Patriots win no Superbowls from say 2025-2075 then any team ever repeat this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia