Music: 2019 Rock & Roll HOF: Embrace recycling

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Nope its not. If the argument against Foreigner is they didn't influence future acts then by that standard the Monkees should have been in HOF long ago

And why is Meatloaf not in HOF?

He has the success , longevity and influence checkmarks down easily

Also as mentioned earlier if Sade would also be hit across board based on the reasoning being brought up to deny other groups and thus should have been HOF long ago

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
What do Sade and Rock & Roll have in common?
Don't get me wrong, I love her music, but R&R it ain't.
Should be called the music Hall of Fame period.

Reactions: Babe Ruth

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Stevie Nicks is already in with Mac--not sure her solo stuff gets her in

it is funny to have Lappard change their collective comments from "Who the f*** cares" to "It is a n honor"

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
not sure if the Zombies belong there--a group like Nazareth has had more influence then them--GNR openly admits their influence in how they wrote music and approached to organizing albums--each side 4 rockers and 1 ballad. One of Naz' axemen was hired to produce appetite but it did not work out. While Naz love the rock and roll life style--they were nothing but business in the studio..GNR--not so much

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
When I was in Cleveland I didn't even go to the RRHOF because tickets were expensive and the website said no photography was allowed so I said f*** it.

Reactions: Babe Ruth

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Atleast Def Leppard has confirmed that original guitarist Pete Willis who they fired will be inducted. There was some speculation that they might Mark Evans him. For those who do not recognize the name--Evans played with ACDC for about 5 years and 4 albums and when the band went in the hall--his name appeared on it and he was sent a letter of invitation by the hall to attend--the band did not like it and forced the hall to drop his name and rescind the invitation

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
Stevie Nicks is already in with Mac--not sure her solo stuff gets her in

it is funny to have Lappard change their collective comments from "Who the **** cares" to "It is a n honor"

Used to like Stevie Nicks once upon a time. Not so much now after hearing her say that she'll never again appear on stage with Lindsay Buckingham.

:jets

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad