Red Sox/MLB 2019 Playoffs V - Lowell Spinners would lose Red Sox connection under radical MLB plan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
I get that it's a nice story, but Jesus Christ these owners are milking the **** out of this. To the point where it comes off as a complete marketing ploy and makes me angry.

Nothing is ever organic, it's always a planned out event...I didn't think the PA announcer was ever going to wrap it up...

Reactions: LSCII

tonino2424

Sep 28, 2005
Do you guys think Betts will be traded or re-signed? For the knowledgeable baseball ppl on this site, which teams have the best prospects / MLB players we could acquire in return. If you could provide team names and players that would be great.

Thx

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Do you guys think Betts will be traded or re-signed? For the knowledgeable baseball ppl on this site, which teams have the best prospects / MLB players we could acquire in return. If you could provide team names and players that would be great.

Thx

Traded. I also think that this team will be systematically dismantled by the new GM and the focus will be on drafting homegrown, more cost effective talent than throwing money at high priced UFAs. The every day core of Betts, JDM, XB, and Devers will be reduced to Xander and Devers while they retool and try to rebuild the pool of prospects.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Joe West hates Sweet Caroline

upload_2019-9-19_16-22-5.png

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

Thx

betts to the mets for Syndergaard and Conforto. He signs 10/375 mil extension. 2025 he hits a slow roller down the first base line thru Triston Casas legs game 7 WS and the new Mookie matches the old Mookie.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston

Thx
I think he stays and JBJ gets traded.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Traded. I also think that this team will be systematically dismantled by the new GM and the focus will be on drafting homegrown, more cost effective talent than throwing money at high priced UFAs. The every day core of Betts, JDM, XB, and Devers will be reduced to Xander and Devers while they retool and try to rebuild the pool of prospects.

Feels like this is where we're headed, doesn't it? Sucks because Betts is exactly the type of player that you should do whatever it takes to keep. The only hope that I have is that ownership is so concerned over the PR ****storm if they trade him or let him leave that they're forced to write him a blank check.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Feels like this is where we're headed, doesn't it? Sucks because Betts is exactly the type of player that you should do whatever it takes to keep. The only hope that I have is that ownership is so concerned over the PR ****storm if they trade him or let him leave that they're forced to write him a blank check.

How many other good hitters do we have? Most cost controlled. Not paying Betts means you can keep JDM keep the expensive rotation add to the bullpen etc etc. I kinda think he’s going to rot for months in free agency if he wants more than we are offering and we can get him in a year. Get a good young starter and sign him as a FA.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Saddest part is that he’s still living in his apartment in Boston because he still has dreams of playing for the Sox and commutes to Pawtucket every day.

Such a bizarre situation. Not talented enough to justify the luxury tax penalty. Too talented to have been toiling away in AAA. Would’ve made a nice bench OF in the NL imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad