Red Sox/MLB 2019 Playoffs V - Lowell Spinners would lose Red Sox connection under radical MLB plan

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
9D8B0958-4A7C-484A-9C60-B8B5BE82F3F1.png
He’s getting traded.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Cubs lose

They blow this to Brewers who lost Yelich for season you wonder if Theo bails to Sox

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

If Betts doesn’t want to be here no matter what he’s offered his best spot if he gets the dollars are Cardinals

It’s a franchise killer if he goes to me

It’s fantasy land thinking you are going to get even 50 cents on the dollar

Betts
Devers
Bogearts

iconic home grown

I follow the prospects and especially major league rosters and I don’t see a great return

Cards would offer something like Bader and a prospect

Bottom line

Sox would be f***ed

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
If Betts doesn’t want to be here no matter what he’s offered his best spot if he gets the dollars are Cardinals

It’s a franchise killer if he goes to me

It’s fantasy land thinking you are going to get even 50 cents on the dollar

Betts
Devers
Bogearts

iconic home grown

I follow the prospects and especially major league rosters and I don’t see a great return

Cards would offer something like Bader and a prospect

Bottom line

Sox would be ****ed
Got to get Dylan Carlson from St. Louis in that deal minimum. From LA Gavin Lux and/or Dustin May. Atlanta Ian Anderson and Christian Pache. Although I like Drew Waters better than Pache.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Mookie in St. Louis would be a sight to see. After the first 0-4 game there I'd love to see that twitter account that just collects the awful things Cardinal fans post.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Used to be able to play CF at a good level but if he can’t do that anymore then he’s toast as far as ever making it back to the bigs goes

Not enough power for the corners, not enough speed to offset that
I wonder how much of it is him not getting the game or losing a step and how much of it is just a guy who knows that no matter what he does he'll never play in the MLB again just half-assing it.

Like if I knew I was getting $100 million over the next 3 or 4 years and that I was going to be stuck in Pawtucket regardless of whether I hit 70 homeruns or 7, would I really be busting ass and going full speed? I guess it depends on the bond you have with your teammates and the fans there, but I suspect it's a little of each in the end. His lack of motivation probably is causing him to lose some skills that he's not keeping sharp, and things not being easy anymore because of that loss doesn't inspire him to try any harder/

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I wonder how much of it is him not getting the game or losing a step and how much of it is just a guy who knows that no matter what he does he'll never play in the MLB again just half-assing it.

Like if I knew I was getting $100 million over the next 3 or 4 years and that I was going to be stuck in Pawtucket regardless of whether I hit 70 homeruns or 7, would I really be busting ass and going full speed? I guess it depends on the bond you have with your teammates and the fans there, but I suspect it's a little of each in the end. His lack of motivation probably is causing him to lose some skills that he's not keeping sharp, and things not being easy anymore because of that loss doesn't inspire him to try any harder/

I don’t think it’s motivation, the guy pretty clearly wants to be a big leaguer imo

People think of him as a prospect for some reason but he’d be one of the older players on the Red Sox. Speed is the first tool that goes. He’s just older. He’s 32 at the absolute youngest. People that age decline often. That’s all it is imo

Tough to feel bad for him because of the money he made, but I get the frustration he felt the last few years

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I have become interested in art recently. I call this...”merciful end”

3D735084-218E-48D9-A2F3-C9F9261FDB16.png

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
They should shut down Porcello for the rest of the year. Let him end on a good memory here

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

So the smear campaign continues? Sounds like par for the course by this ownership group. Only these guys would hire a dude who is well known to deal prospects for current MLB players to put his team over the top and win a World Series, and then complain when he does just that. It would be like hiring a drug addict to watch the pharmacy in a hospital and then getting mad when the addict steals all the drugs.

Why can't they simply say we hired DD to do a job and win a title, which he accomplished, but we now want to move in a different direction, and be done with it? Why the need to try and win the PR game after the fact? DD isn't out there ripping on the team for firing him. He took it and moved on, yet the team keeps floating these things out there through the paper their owner also owns, and it's shameful. It's the main reason why I dislike this ownership group so much, despite the crazy success.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
So the smear campaign continues? Sounds like par for the course by this ownership group. Only these guys would hire a dude who is well known to deal prospects for current MLB players to put his team over the top and win a World Series, and then complain when he does just that. It would be like hiring a drug addict to watch the pharmacy in a hospital and then getting mad when the addict steals all the drugs.

Why can't they simply say we hired DD to do a job and win a title, which he accomplished, but we now want to move in a different direction, and be done with it? Why the need to try and win the PR game after the fact? DD isn't out there ripping on the team for firing him. He took it and moved on, yet the team keeps floating these things out there through the paper their owner also owns, and it's shameful. It's the main reason why I dislike this ownership group so much, despite the crazy success.

Yup, I can hear Mookie didn’t wanna be here until my ears bleed and I won’t believe it because of this ownership

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Farm system is in decent shape tbh, much better than it was last year

Tons of talent in the lower minors with some solid breakout guys like Thaddeus Ward this year

Reactions: N o o d l e s
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->