Confirmed Signing with Link: 2019 Prospect Thread

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
Confusing signing. Those are extremely mediocre 20 year old numbers. Must like his intangibles or something.
I was a little surprised about that tone, too. They signed Hagel from the same team earlier this year (But he has 90+ points) so maybe they seem some chemistry there. A quick googling says that he's a good skater who can play all three forward positions and has some penalty killing ability.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I was a little surprised about that tone, too. They signed Hagel from the same team earlier this year (But he has 90+ points) so maybe they seem some chemistry there. A quick googling says that he's a good skater who can play all three forward positions and has some penalty killing ability.

It really baffled me. We (Oilers) have Evan Polei in our system, who had a 33-29-62 20 year old year, but we scooped him on an AHL deal. Someone in the Hawks organization must have pushed really hard for this kid.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
It really baffled me. We (Oilers) have Evan Polei in our system, who had a 33-29-62 20 year old year, but we scooped him on an AHL deal. Someone in the Hawks organization must have pushed really hard for this kid.
Look beyond the numbers. As has been already mentioned he's team captain, can skate and can play three positions so that must collectively count for something. Those things are just as important as points in today's NHL.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Look beyond the numbers. As has been already mentioned he's team captain, can skate and can play three positions so that must collectively count for something. Those things are just as important as points in today's NHL.

He’s rolling with an NHLE of 18 points as a 20 year old. Granted he just cost them a contract but usually when you see undrafted 20 year olds get offered a contract it’s because their production is otherworldly. Particularly this early in the game. Just think it’s curious, that’s all.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
He’s rolling with an NHLE of 18 points as a 20 year old. Granted he just cost them a contract but usually when you see undrafted 20 year olds get offered a contract it’s because their production is otherworldly. Particularly this early in the game. Just think it’s curious, that’s all.
Maybe it just comes down to the fact that when it comes to scouting guys get missed. I listen to folks like Brian Burke talk about the work of a scout and wonder how many players fall through the cracks. It sounds like a lot.

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
I didn't realize Michigan's season is over already. I wonder if there are plans to give him some NHL games this season?
He’s definitely playing this season (UNLESS the minor injury he suffered last week blocking a shot ends up being worse than initially believed which is unlikely as he played through it Saturday). The real question is how many games he plays because if he plays more than 10 then Vancouver will have to protect him in the upcoming expansion draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad