2019 Off-Season Non-Management Thread - Canucks/Boeser talking 4-5 years, $7m AAV - Kypreos)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Because the last one is over 1k again.

Note: thread reserved for speculation about imminent horrible roster moves, not speculation about whatever mental illness or infirmity Benning possesses to want to make them.

Quick recap:
  • Gostisbehere: yes.
  • Zaitsev: no.
  • Lucic: f*** no.
  • Karlsson: is not coming here.
  • Panarin: is obviously not coming here.
  • Myers: probably will.
  • Ferland: stay away.
Continue.

Reactions: CanuckCity

Carnal

May 29, 2018
Because the last one is over 1k again.

Note: thread reserved for speculation about imminent horrible roster moves, not speculation about whatever mental illness or infirmity Benning possesses to want to make them.

Quick recap:
  • Gostisbehere: yes.
  • Zaitsev: no.
  • Lucic: **** no.
  • Karlsson: is not coming here.
  • Panarin: is obviously not coming here.
  • Myers: probably will.
  • Ferland: stay away.
Continue.
I think Gostisbehere is the only one on that list worth acquiring. Not sure what the ask would be, not like we have a lot to offer that's reasonable.

passive voice

Jun 16, 2009
Sorta surprised that, for all the noise around Lucic, there hasn’t been a peep about fellow local-gritty-winning-leader Andrew Ladd. NTC as opposed to NMC.

God I can’t believe this is where we’re at two years after drafting Petey.

Reactions: Regular David Bruce

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Wonder how much Ferland is going to ask for come July 1st?

I wouldn't mind throwing a 4x4 contract at him. He's a solid player who can play either wing and he would bring some much needed size and grit into our top 6. We don't really have a player with his skillset (JV, Im looking at you to come thru)

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Wonder how much Ferland is going to ask for come July 1st?

I wouldn't mind throwing a 4x4 contract at him. He's a solid player who can play either wing and he would bring some much needed size and grit into our top 6. We don't really have a player with his skillset (JV, Im looking at you to come thru)

He's likely to get $6M. Absolutely no interest in him.

FireBenningNow

Mar 6, 2002
Visit site
He's likely to get $6M. Absolutely no interest in him.
Agreed but would you rather have Ferland for 4-5 years @ 6 mill or Lucic for Little Things. I think I'd rather just bury Eriksson in Utica and sign Ferland...I do agree both options are far less than desirable...but we're dealing with Benning here, the bar is so low.

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
Absolutely no to Ferland. He had a career season in a UFA year. His style of play will lead to frequent time on the IR. He'll regress big time with whomever he signs with. Buy out candidate in a year or two.

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
Agreed but would you rather have Ferland for 4-5 years @ 6 mill or Lucic for Little Things. I think I'd rather just bury Eriksson in Utica and sign Ferland...I do agree both options are far less than desirable...but we're dealing with Benning here, the bar is so low.

There is no cap almost in asigning Ericsson to Utica. Having both would put us in cap hell and having no money to improve the defence.

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

FireBenningNow

Mar 6, 2002
Visit site
Absolutely no to Ferland. He had a career season in a UFA year. His style of play will lead to frequent time on the IR. He'll regress big time with whomever he signs with. Buy out candidate in a year or two.

I'm in total agreement, I do think he'll end up making at least one major mistake whether thats Lucic, Ferland, Myers etc. Buyout candidates for the next GM.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
I still feel like Panarin has tried to troll us.

Karlsson at YVR gives me a sliver of hope, although, gun to my head, it's very much a personal visit. Maybe a nature trip or something.

Ferland, Simmonds, Myers and Gardiner are all not who I hope we are looking at. That "second tier" rumour worries me.

Zaitsev and Lucic are examples of wht I'd want us to do, shouldn't strike out in free agency, but their fan bases here don't seem to understand how terrible they and their contracts are.

Ghost Bear is probably my favourite rumour. But that could also be a catastrophe.

A few guys in my lunch room at work are convinced were preparing to offer sheet Marner, then immediately resign Pettersson this time next year. I thought Lucic and Zaitsev fans were nuts...

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
There is no cap almost in asigning Ericsson to Utica. Having both would put us in cap hell and having no money to improve the defence.

We have cap, this is more about dropping someone off of our roster to let someone else into that spot. We have enough bleh players, so someone like MacEwen can earn that spot.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
I still feel like Panarin has tried to troll us.

Karlsson at YVR gives me a sliver of hope, although, gun to my head, it's very much a personal visit. Maybe a nature trip or something.

Ferland, Simmonds, Myers and Gardiner are all not who I hope we are looking at. That "second tier" rumour worries me.

Zaitsev and Lucic are examples of wht I'd want us to do, shouldn't strike out in free agency, but their fan bases here don't seem to understand how terrible they and their contracts are.

Ghost Bear is probably my favourite rumour. But that could also be a catastrophe.

A few guys in my lunch room at work are convinced were preparing to offer sheet Marner, then immediately resign Pettersson this time next year. I thought Lucic and Zaitsev fans were nuts...

h0CE33996

F A N

Aug 12, 2005

Did Ferland really have a career season? He actually had less goals and points than the previous season with a similarly strong start before getting injured.

Ferland is a good player, but he's not the physical beast that hit us in our last playoff series.

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
We have cap, this is more about dropping someone off of our roster to let someone else into that spot. We have enough bleh players, so someone like MacEwen can earn that spot.

I have no problem sending to Utica. I don't want to sign Ferland as we can't another as Eriksson will have a 5 million cap hit this year( and 4 million the next two years) if he plays in Utica. But you're right sending Eriksson to Utica and calling up MacEwan would be the best case scenario.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cogburn
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad