2019 NHL mock draft (November edition with team standings)

MasterMatt25

Nov 19, 2014
Montreal
1. :panthersselects Kaapo Kakko, RW from TPS (Liiga)
2. :kingsselects Jack Hughes, C from USNDP (USHL)
3. :wingsselects Kirby Dach, C from Saskatoon (WHL)
4. :vegasselects Dylan Cozens, C from Lethbridge (WHL)
5. :bluesselects Bowen Byram, D from Vancouver (WHL)
6. :devilsselects Victor Soderstrom, D from Brynas (J20 SuperElit)
7. :canesselects Trevor Zegras, C from USNDP (USHL)
8. :coyotesselects Ryan Suzuki, C from Barrie (OHL)
9. :ducksselects Matthew Boldy, LW from USNDP (USHL)
10. :rangersselects Cam York, D from USNDP (USHL)
11. :avs (via OTT) selects Raphael Lavoie, C from Halifax (QMJHL)
12. :hawksselects Alex Turcotte, C from USNDP (USHL)
13. :flyersselects Vasili Podkolzin, RW from St. Petersburg (MHL)
14. :capsselects Arthur Kaliyev, RW from Hamilton (OHL)
15. :edmontonselects Peyton Krebs, LW from Kootenay (WHL)
16. :pensselects Matthew Robertson, D from Edmonton (WHL)
17. :sabresselects Anttoni Honka, D from JYP (Liiga)
18. :cbjselects Alex Newhook, C from Victoria (BCHL)
19. :starsselects Matvei Guskov, C from London (OHL)
20. :avs selects Cole Caufield, RW from USNDP (USHL)
21. :jetsselects Alex Vlasic, D from USNDP (USHL)
22. :habs selects Jakob Pelletier, LW from Moncton (QMJHL)
23. :islesselects Tobias Bjornfot, D from Djurgardens (J20 SuperElit)
24. :wildselects Albin Grewe, RW from Djurgardens (J20 SuperElit)
25. :nucksselects John Beecher, C from USNDP (USHL)
26. :bruinsselects Philip Broberg, D from AIK (Allsvenskan)
27. :sabres(via SJS) selects Pavel Dorofeyev, LW from Magnitogorsk (MHL)
28. :flamesselects Nolan Foote, LW from Kelowna (WHL)
29. :leafsselects Samuel Poulin, LW from Sherbrooke (QMJHL)
30. :nashvilleselects Josh Williams, RW from Medicine Hat (WHL)
31. :rangers(via TBL) selects Nathan Legare, RW from Rouyn-Noranda (QMJHL)

Reactions: ViktorBaeArvidsson

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
No way that Philip Broberg is there at #26 because the Isles would NEVER pass on him at #23. If they pick Top 10 they'll have a hard time passing on him then.

MasterMatt25

Nov 19, 2014
Montreal
No way that Philip Broberg is there at #26 because the Isles would NEVER pass on him at #23. If they pick Top 10 they'll have a hard time passing on him then.
I don't think Broberg should go in the first half of the draft. There are too many holes to his game, especially defensively. I think Bjornfot is a more complete defenseman than Broberg. Also unless you're a member of the Islanders organization, how do you if they'd draft him?

Last edited:

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
I like Cam York but don’t see the Rangers taking a skillful offensive lefty defenseman. We need defensive stalwarts, preferably on the right side. We also need scoring wingers. I don’t see us passing over a player like Podkolzin for York.

We have different opinions up and down the board but I was was happy to see someone with Soderstrom higher than I do! He’s really a no doubt top 10 player right now.

Reactions: MasterMatt25

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
I don't think Broberg should go in the first half of the draft. There are too many holes to his game, especially defensively. I think Bjornfot is a more complete defenseman than Broberg. Also unless you're a member of the Islanders organization, how do you if they'd draft him?

My math might be a little rusty but #23 is not in the Top half of a 31-team draft. It's all about everyone's opinions but there's plenty of other mock experts who have him in the Top 10 and his Hlinka performance was not a fluke. The Isles have PLENTY of well-rounded D-men in the system like Toews, Witherspoon and Vande Sompel, a LH Leddy replacement down the line is a paramount need.

MasterMatt25

Nov 19, 2014
Montreal
I like Cam York but don’t see the Rangers taking a skillful offensive lefty defenseman. We need defensive stalwarts, preferably on the right side. We also need scoring wingers. I don’t see us passing over a player like Podkolzin for York.

We have different opinions up and down the board but I was was happy to see someone with Soderstrom higher than I do! He’s really a no doubt top 10 player right now.
Understood. I think I had suggested Podkolzin at an earlier time but was told the Rangers have too many Russian prospects (?).
I love Soderstrom's game, he's very underrated.

My math might be a little rusty but #23 is not in the Top half of a 31-team draft. It's all about everyone's opinions but there's plenty of other mock experts who have him in the Top 10 and his Hlinka performance was not a fluke. The Isles have PLENTY of well-rounded D-men in the system like Toews, Witherspoon and Vande Sompel, a LH Leddy replacement down the line is a paramount need.
Since the regular seasons have started, I've seen him fall quite a bit in a few rankings. Right now he's similar to Merkley, some had him in the top 10, others even had him outside the 1st. He did have a great Ivan Hlinka, but you can't determine that one tournament is enough evidence that he's not a fluke, you need a larger sample. And in Allsvenskan, he hasn't played to the same standards. Yes he's a rookie in Sweden's 2nd best league playing with men, so that would show especially the first few games. And maybe I'm being too harsh on his ranking, but unless his play improves in the next few months, I can't put him above someone like Bjornfot. And Bjornfot is left handed and considered a very good puck mover

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
Sabres fan here. Do not want either of the picks. If draft goes this way then Newhook and either Foote or Williams.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Why you didn't put Lassi Thomson 17th overall instead of Honka.
What i have read about Honka in Finnish hockey boards his draft stock is dropping like a rock.

JYP has been total disgrace in SM liiga this autumn and Honka isn't played so well as expected.
Meanwhile Thomson is playing very well in Kelowna.

MasterMatt25

Nov 19, 2014
Montreal
Why you didn't put Lassi Thomson 17th overall instead of Honka.
What i have read about Honka in Finnish hockey boards his draft stock is dropping like a rock.

JYP has been total disgrace in SM liiga this autumn and Honka isn't played so well as expected.
Meanwhile Thomson is playing very well in Kelowna.
I think Honka has a higher ceiling, and especially as a 17 year in the main men's league, you can only do so much and I feel Honka has been solid considering the circumstances. Thomson will be bumped up in the next edition, especially if he keeps production going

Aug 3, 2005
Vancouver & OK Falls
Canucks fan here, wondering how on earth the Nucks would be drafting 25th, which ought to mean they made
the playoffs, which just plain isn't going to happen this year and probably next year as well.

It's likely I'm missing something. Please fill me in!

MasterMatt25

Nov 19, 2014
Montreal
Canucks fan here, wondering how on earth the Nucks would be drafting 25th, which ought to mean they made
the playoffs, which just plain isn't going to happen this year and probably next year as well.

It's likely I'm missing something. Please fill me in!
I made this list based on the standings from the date it was made. At the time Vancouver was towards the top of the standings

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad