2019 NHL Entry Draft

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Some additional info on Porco for you.

I had him ranked 24th among OHL'ers
OHL Prospects: My Final Top 50 OHL Players for the 2019 NHL Entry Draft - Part 3: 30-11

Thank you for posting this. I like that Dallas took a chance on skill instead of safe plays for the most part this draft.

Like this part of the report:

There's a lot of former Spirit Tye Felhaber in Porco, at least in terms of comparing them in their NHL draft years. Sometimes they put it all together like Felhaber. And sometimes they don't. Porco is the very definition of a high risk, high reward selection later in the draft

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Very surprised that Brinkman went so late. He's a guy who turned down an invite to the USNDP in order to play HS. Was the youngest player in the NCAA, I believe( he accelerated his HS graduation... should've been a HS senior), and did OK. Some thought he was their steadiest Dman. His stats we deflated because he got no PP TOI, and he played on a pretty mediocre Gophers team( which is usually a powerhouse). There is a big difference between playing USHL, and playing NCAA hockey.

I've seen him play since he was around 9 yo. He played both with, and against my son a few times.

I hate to "predict" prospects, but I would not be at all surprised if he is a top 4 NHL Dman in years to come.

Reactions: Smelling Salt

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad