GDT: 2019 NHL Entry Draft 6/21-22 --- 7:00 PM/10:00 AM (CT) NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
drunk...I'm drunk...
I think tonight was a win. Enjoy it. I wasn't sold on turcotte or Byram. Not saying I was on Dach too, but Bowman's comments let us know he went for the home run and not the safer pick since they moved up so much and wanted to maximize it.

His comment is valid which along the lines of let's project the max ceiling of all these guys, who's best? It's certainly Dach. With his size and skill, he's almost unstoppable if he hits his ceiling

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I think tonight was a win. Enjoy it. I wasn't sold on turcotte or Byram. Not saying I was on Dach too, but Bowman's comments let us know he went for the home run and not the safer pick since they moved up so much and wanted to maximize it.

His comment is valid which along the lines of let's project the max ceiling of all these guys, who's best? It's certainly Dach. With his size and skill, he's almost unstoppable if he hits his ceiling

Definitely, that’s what we needed out of this. Sky is the limit if he keeps improving, can’t teach size.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
happen and get another 2nd round pick and scoop up some of these kids just waiting out there to be our next Cat and Saad picks..
With the guys left over, it's certainly possible.

Rees and Robertson are great undersized players that could be Cat-like picks.
Ethan Keppen reminds me a lot of Saad.

Let's not forget Brett Leason...

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Dach doesn't seem like a one trick pony. Yeah he's got the size but he's got the skill to match up with anybody in the class. I'm concerned about the compete but Bowman and Kelley have been doing their due diligence for weeks...they are privy to info us fans are not..if it was anybody but Mark Kelley then maybe theres concern, but this guy's track record with forwards is pretty good

Reactions: Muffinalt

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Definitely, that’s what we needed out of this. Sky is the limit if he keeps improving, can’t teach size.
Was exactly my thought. Here's why I wasn't sold on turcotte or Byram. It's hard to be a elite 1C when you're under 6'0. It's hard to be a no.1 dman today and be only 6'1 or smaller especially when you don't have the frame to fill out.

Turcotte might be a SOB all over the ice but due to his size, it's an easier task to neutralize him. He's not Patrick Kane elite or slippery.

Now you get Dach with a head of steam and a constitution for finishing the play inside the dots? Good luck

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
With the guys left over, it's certainly possible.

Rees and Robertson are great undersized players that could be Cat-like picks.
Ethan Keppen reminds me a lot of Saad.

Let's not forget Brett Leason...
plenty of talent left, I have liked the top 50 or so for this draft, I think a number of kids are coming out of this second round that easily outproduce many in the 20-31 range..

but thanks for the laughs Yotes and Wings - f***ing priceless picks for me lol!!

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Was exactly my thought. Here's why I wasn't sold on turcotte or Byram. It's hard to be a elite 1C when you're under 6'0. It's hard to be a no.1 dman today and be only 6'1 or smaller especially when you don't have the frame to fill out.

Turcotte might be a SOB all over the ice but due to his size, it's an easier task to neutralize him. He's not Patrick Kane elite or slippery.

Now you get Dach with a head of steam and a constitution for finishing the play inside the dots? Good luck

I’ll be honest too, now, the idea that a future Bergeron or Toews can even be projected with any kind of certainty seemed really far fetched to me. That’s something that really doesn’t come out until a player faces top competition IMO and is so damn rare to be that tenacious and tough. With Byram, IDK, hope I’m wrong on him or at least Dach can dominate him like in that highlight, should help a rivalry get started up with Colorado.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad