2019 NHL Draft Prospects

jalperi

Feb 17, 2016
I dont find topic for that draft. I have no idea about other countries prospects than finns on this draft.
But what came about Draft prospects from finns its very good class for Finland. Kaapo Kakko, Anttoni Honka, Mikko Kokkonen and Henri Nikkanen are top prospects from Finland for this draft. Other very good prospects for this draft are at least Leevi Aaltonen, Mikko Petman, Kalle Loponen,
Wiljami Myllylä and Iivari Räsänen. Other notable at least are
Patrik Puistola, Matias Maccelli, Matias Mäntykivi, Aapo Holtinkoski, Oskari Oksanen, Santtu Hakanen, Leevi Teissala, Aku Räty, Santeri Hatakka, Antti Saarela, Aarne Intonen also Ville Heinola and Juuso Pärssinen. About goalie prospects i have no idea yet.

There is some early look topics: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/craig-buttons-19-for-2019.2412257/

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/2019-early-look-at-april-04-2017.2212273/

Edit: Have to also add Jasper Rannisto and Kim Nousiainen

Last edited:
Reactions: bukwas and JiggsNY

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
From Finnish perspective this draft year seems far more interesting than 2018. Got a feeling Kakko is going to push himself at the very upper echelon in the draft while possibly even competing from the top spots similarly to Barkov and Laine. Of course it's just a hunch feeling at this point and his position certainly isn't an advantage (being a winger). Then there are other interesting guys to follow up on like Kokkonen, Maccelli and Saarela (younger brother to Aleksi). Think the best part is the fact that there to could be some really late risers that you never expected to go that high in the begin with, whom will just add up on the excitement. Aaltonen was expected to be the crown jewel early on, but he hasn't been able to take the next leap forward and hasn't really grown height which is a little bit disappointing. Nevertheless, all things considered it's looking quite good.

Hockeyisl1fe

Dec 8, 2016
From Finnish perspective this draft year seems far more interesting than 2018. Got a feeling Kakko is going to push himself at the very upper echelon in the draft while possibly even competing from the top spots similarly to Barkov and Laine. Of course it's just a hunch feeling at this point and his position certainly isn't an advantage (being a winger). Then there are other interesting guys to follow up on like Kokkonen, Maccelli and Saarela (younger brother to Aleksi). Think the best part is the fact that there to could be some really late risers that you never expected to go that high in the begin with, whom will just add up on the excitement. Aaltonen was expected to be the crown jewel early on, but he hasn't been able to take the next leap forward and hasn't really grown height which is a little bit disappointing. Nevertheless, all things considered it's looking quite good.
Kokkonen really isn't worth mentioning with the top guys. 0 goals this season. Honka is clearly superior to him.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Keep an eye on a pair of Windsor Spitfire blueliners.
Lev Starikov-6'6" defence man out of Russia that has great mobility for his size, would compare it to that of Tyler Myers. But doesn't have much of an offensive game and gets caught pinching often.
Nathan Staios- needs a growth spurt as he is only 5'8", son of Steve Staios. Although small he competes shift in and. Smart player, almost always in the right place at the right time and is a hell of a skater.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
I dont find topic for that draft. I have no idea about other countries prospects than finns on this draft.
But what came about Draft prospects from finns its very good class for Finland. Kaapo Kakko, Anttoni Honka, Mikko Kokkonen and Henri Nikkanen are top prospects from Finland for this draft. Other very good prospects for this draft are at least Leevi Aaltonen, Mikko Petman, Kalle Loponen,
Wiljami Myllylä and Iivari Räsänen. Other notable at least are
Patrik Puistola, Matias Maccelli, Matias Mäntykivi, Aapo Holtinkoski, Oskari Oksanen, Santtu Hakanen, Leevi Teissala, Aku Räty, Santeri Hatakka, Antti Saarela, Aarne Intonen also Ville Heinola and Juuso Pärssinen. About goalie prospects i have no idea yet.

There is some early look topics: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/craig-buttons-19-for-2019.2412257/

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/2019-early-look-at-april-04-2017.2212273/

Edit: Have to also add Jasper Rannisto and Kim Nousiainen

Henrik Tikkanen 197cm ( 6'6) tall 2000 born goalie in HIFK A juniors is 2019 elibigle.
Don't know is Tikkanen NHL caliber goalie prospect but interesting name for sure

Also Konsta Hirvonen is 2019 eligible and so is Marcus Kallionkieli.
Don't know are those two NHL prospects at all but they're also interesting names for sure.

Pixie

Nov 24, 2017
Czech Republic
From CZE a strong group of forwards: Vojtech Strondala, Michal Teply, Jonas Peterek, Marcel Barinka, Filip Prikryl, Martin Lang, Adam Najman. On defense: Martin Hugo Has and maybe Jan Mlcak.

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
From CZE a strong group of forwards: Vojtech Strondala, Michal Teply, Jonas Peterek, Marcel Barinka, Filip Prikryl, Martin Lang, Adam Najman. On defense: Martin Hugo Has and maybe Jan Mlcak.
Strondala is skilled, but tiny. Barinka shines in the U18 league, but struggled at the U17 WCH. Agree with the rest though and I would add forwards Matej Toman, Filip Koffer. Maybe Patrik Rasin and Lukas Parik as well. Lots of interesting forwards for sure. If only we could have a good defenseman prospect for a change though.

JimboA

Dec 9, 2012
Sweden
What can you tell me about Vasiliy Podkolzin? The only '01 player for Russia at the U18 5 Nations next week.

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
This could be an interesting draft for Germany.

There are some late '00 players like Yannik Valenti and Tim Fleischer. Since he hasn't played for Germany yet, I am not sure you can count Nikita Alexandrov, but so far I don't think he is eligible for any other country.

Then there are, maybe the best German prospect for this draft, Moritz Seider, who could go early in the draft and Tommy Pasanen, who seems to have dropped a little, but might still be a candidate for a late round pick.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
What would the top 10 look like?

This is what it was in November. I'll try to make a list after the season. I haven't considered changes from the November list.

1. Jack Hughes
2. Bowen Byram
3. Alex Turcotte
4. Victor Soderstrom
5. Matvei Guskov
6. Ryan Suzuki
7. Kaapo Kakko
8. Peyton Krebs
9. Dylan Cozens
10. Nolan Foote

Ad

Upcoming events