HF Habs: 2019 Montreal Canadiens Development Camp (June 26-28)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
Was there yesterday for the scrimmage. I won’t comment on performance because I think those scrimmage are pointless honestly.

FIRST : Suzuki, you guys stop saying he is not intense, his compete level is low I just F****** hate that. The guy has a skillset of the chart, if he was intense like Gallagher or all the speedy winger he wouldn’t be able to make those plays. He goes in the corner and make things happen. The guy is cerebral so just cut the crap ok???

Poehling : Well he changed his mentality to a shoot first mentality and it’s paying off because he got a nice wrister. I finally see some 2nd upside. NHL ready IMO

Ylonen : For those who knows me he is probably my favorite prospect. The guy has speed, hands, shots and pretty good defensively too. He added mass last year and it shows. I still see top 6 upside in him

Brook : With Poehling easily the most dominant player out there. His puck protection, shots, vision makes me think we might have a first pairing Dman. If he was LD he would start right away.

Caufield : Well the size factor doesn’t seems a problem to me. His release is NHL level and a really good one. His one timer is elite... but still not that aware defensively. A year of college and some AHL at the end of the year with Bouchard could fix that. Almost NHL ready IMO.

Harris : The surprise of the camp IMO, really good puck moving D, good skating very agile, good shot. Might be in the NHL one day. Has to be quicker to move the puck tho.

Struble : looks very square, strong on his skate, kind of reminds me PK minus the offensive upside (for the moment).

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I am not sure you watched the same game as I did... Suzuki created at least 2 scoring chances all alone to his teammates that failed to convert. You can see that unlike his teammates that want to push and skate fast, Suzuki prefer setting play up and play a possession game.

Suzuki is not dynamic yes but to say he did not create anything is simly pure lies.

Also Poehling created 2 awful giveaway by trying to do to much, one created a breakaway and nobody say anything because Poehling is big and dynamic.
Poehling wasn’t great today... The play that lead to the break away was also a great play by Caufield and a bad play by Poehling.
I should have said Suzuki didn’t create much of anything...
I don’t remember any speacial play and he was a guy that I actively looking for but if you sure #14 I’ll give him 2 play. But it is 4on 4 and 3 on 3 hockey’s almost everyone made 2 play or more, (I was a right behind the penalty box) so I can say with confidence that also got caught standing at the opposite blue line waiting for a pass, which directly led to a scoring chance.
We know he is a skilled guy and he wasn’t the only one that wasn’t given 100% but he was one of the most disappointing player on the ice.
Didn’t really like Evans Today either he also play a possession game and looked great yesterday and today it seem like he wasn’t looking to pass before he gain the zone, he also stretch a few shift.

Jul 6, 2016
Was there yesterday for the scrimmage. I won’t comment on performance because I think those scrimmage are pointless honestly.

FIRST : Suzuki, you guys stop saying he is not intense, his compete level is low I just F****** hate that. The guy has a skillset of the chart, if he was intense like Gallagher or all the speedy winger he wouldn’t be able to make those plays. He goes in the corner and make things happen. The guy is cerebral so just cut the crap ok???

Poehling : Well he changed his mentality to a shoot first mentality and it’s paying off because he got a nice wrister. I finally see some 2nd upside. NHL ready IMO

Ylonen : For those who knows me he is probably my favorite prospect. The guy has speed, hands, shots and pretty good defensively too. He added mass last year and it shows. I still see top 6 upside in him

Brook : With Poehling easily the most dominant player out there. His puck protection, shots, vision makes me think we might have a first pairing Dman. If he was LD he would start right away.

Caufield : Well the size factor doesn’t seems a problem to me. His release is NHL level and a really good one. His one timer is elite... but still not that aware defensively. A year of college and some AHL at the end of the year with Bouchard could fix that. Almost NHL ready IMO.

Harris : The surprise of the camp IMO, really good puck moving D, good skating very agile, good shot. Might be in the NHL one day. Has to be quicker to move the puck tho.

Struble : looks very square, strong on his skate, kind of reminds me PK minus the offensive upside (for the moment).

Judging a bunch of very young and raw players in a pre-pre-pre season camp is meaningless. KK was a mess last season and he made the club at 18. Suzuki was still playing very high competitive hockey one month ago and lead his team to Memorial Cup Finals beating along the way stronger teams. Could he be just tired ?

Last edited:
Reactions: 417 and Maitz

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I couldn't watch this one, I guess there is no full replay anywhere eh?

I saw this highlight though, nice shot from Cole even if it didn't go in that was a great release, then obviously nice IQ play to Leskinen for the goal.

nice back and forth with Leskinen. Leskinen being as old as he is I expect him to be good but at least he's not 26 or something. He's only a bit older than Juulsen. Hopefully he could end up a bottom pairing guy who can be a 2nd unit PP trigger man. That would be nice.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
Judging a bunch of very young and raw players in a pre-pre-pre season camp is meaningless. KK was a mess last season and he made the club at 18. Suzuki was still playing very high competitive hockey one month ago and lead his team to Memorial Cup Finals beating along the way stronger teams. Could he be just tired ?
Exactly! People who are judging his intensity just make me angry. The guy step up when it matters so Im not worried a second about that.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Camp is pretty much done, we're at 1000 and I'm tired of deleting off-topic stuff. Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad