GDT: 2019 MLB Regular Season Thread (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Harper strikes out on 3-2. To extras they go. Hopkins popped up right before that.
It should be over soon. Stratton is all over the place.

Edit: and as I say that he gets a double play.

2 IP, 28 balls, 2 hits, 4 walks, 0 runs

Last edited:

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Luis Severino will be pitching in a simulated game - throwing 35 pitches tomorrow. And then a rehab start on Sunday.

Giancarlo Stanton performed agility drills today and may participate in batting practice tomorrow. Will prob be sent to Tampa for the homestand to get swings in.

Jordan Montgomery is expected to join Double-A Trenton next, and Boone said Montgomery could be ready to pitch in big league games at some point in September.

Delin Betances is scheduled to throw to hitters again on Wednesday. If that goes well, Betances could begin a Minor League rehab assignment.

Edwin Encarnacion took groundballs, played catch, played soft toss and hit off a tee on Saturday morning at the team’s training complex in Tampa. Yankees expect Encarnacion back with a good amount of time to spare before the playoffs begin in October.

Luke Voit could rejoin the team for the homestand starting Friday vs. the A's.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
The Mariners complained about Cory Gearrin's delivery tonight (three days after losing him on waivers to the Yankees) and he got called for a balk right after. Good way to get in his head.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
uW3Pfs7.png

Justin Turner tried arguing pitch #4 wasn't a strike.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
The Mariners complained about Cory Gearrin's delivery tonight (three days after losing him on waivers to the Yankees) and he got called for a balk right after. Good way to get in his head.
Believe it actually happened this year with Gearrin as a Mariner, so Servais remembered and told the ump.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Believe it actually happened this year with Gearrin as a Mariner, so Servais remembered and told the ump.
Against the A's, yeah; the umps told him after his warmup to stop the toe tap. I saw a tweet tonight that said teams have complained to the league about it.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
Woof.

Usually it's like someone missed their spot or the catcher is just bad, but yeesh.

Yeah really like to know where he had that pitch, it dropped right into the glove right in the middle of the zone. Per statcast search, only 2 other curveballs right down the middle were called balls this year, one was a cross up, other was a bad frame.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Bringer of Rain coming back to Toronto tonight. Should get a good ovation.

Sep 19, 2008
https://deadspin.com/phillies-fans-are-currently-feuding-with-the-guy-who-hi-1837623420

Matt Breen of The Philadelphia Inquirer transcribed Rodriguez’s thoughts on Philly fans booing him and Hoskins this season:
“Well, think about it. Who’s looking bad and feeling entitled when you hear stuff like that. I’m asking you,” Rodriguez said. “I’m not the one booing. I’m not the one screaming. I’m not the one saying pretty disgusting things at times. That seems pretty entitled. You’re just making yourself look pretty bad as an individual, as a person, as a fan.”
“You’re making guys not want to sit there and say ‘Hey, they’re going to support you. They’re going to want you to do this.’ That’s tough. There’s still a lot of good fans, though. Those are the ones I hear and pay attention to. The few that might be behind home plate and say ‘Hey Sean, keep doing your thing. Don’t worry about it. Things will come around. Hey Rhys. Hey so and so. Hey Bryce.’ Through the thick and thin, that’s when you get to show your true colors.”
“When you act a certain way towards somebody because you don’t feel like they’re doing what they need to do, just look at life in general. We want to win. There’s nobody in here that doesn’t want to win. You just have to basically sit there and say ‘Hey, let’s see if I can help him get him out of what he’s doing. Hey see if I can be encouraging enough to help an individual.’ That’s the harder thing to do. The easy thing to do is just scream ‘boo.’ Let me think of something to say that might actually be encouraging. No, it takes effort.”​

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
https://deadspin.com/phillies-fans-are-currently-feuding-with-the-guy-who-hi-1837623420

Matt Breen of The Philadelphia Inquirer transcribed Rodriguez’s thoughts on Philly fans booing him and Hoskins this season:
“Well, think about it. Who’s looking bad and feeling entitled when you hear stuff like that. I’m asking you,” Rodriguez said. “I’m not the one booing. I’m not the one screaming. I’m not the one saying pretty disgusting things at times. That seems pretty entitled. You’re just making yourself look pretty bad as an individual, as a person, as a fan.”
“You’re making guys not want to sit there and say ‘Hey, they’re going to support you. They’re going to want you to do this.’ That’s tough. There’s still a lot of good fans, though. Those are the ones I hear and pay attention to. The few that might be behind home plate and say ‘Hey Sean, keep doing your thing. Don’t worry about it. Things will come around. Hey Rhys. Hey so and so. Hey Bryce.’ Through the thick and thin, that’s when you get to show your true colors.”
“When you act a certain way towards somebody because you don’t feel like they’re doing what they need to do, just look at life in general. We want to win. There’s nobody in here that doesn’t want to win. You just have to basically sit there and say ‘Hey, let’s see if I can help him get him out of what he’s doing. Hey see if I can be encouraging enough to help an individual.’ That’s the harder thing to do. The easy thing to do is just scream ‘boo.’ Let me think of something to say that might actually be encouraging. No, it takes effort.”​
He's going to get pelted by batteries tonight.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
The Philly crowd booed Rodriguez when he came up to bat and then cheered when he got beaned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad